Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Can't remember who it was. Bourne maybe.

But someone was talking the other day of how he is just always in the right place at the right time.

Similar to Matthews in a way.

And then people always say "oh that was an easy goal".

It's because they are smart and know where to be.

One of many reasons both score as much as they do.
Brett Hull was age 37/38 when he put up 37 goals. Exact same instinct of always being in the right place.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Breathe folks...making two big adds with the limited assets the canucks have was going to be hard. They did one in Lindholm and while I'm sure they'd love a Guentzel it was always a long shot.

Plenty of time and plenty of bodies left to make sound additions to the team.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I mean, we already have made some very strong acquisitions this year. You don't want to make a change for the sake of making a change and mess up chemistry with something that's been largely successful. Lindholm needs to get going, but thats on the coach to achieve.

The dream for acquiring a top 4 RD was sank when the team decided that Myers is invaluable and they would not move him, and with Juulsen playing solid bottom pairing hockey there wasnt really a fit. Tanev would have been unreal to add though, I'm certain that our offer of Raty + 2nd that was rumoured in the Lindholm deal is better than Dallas' deal. Him on one pairing and Soucy on the other with Hughes and Hronek up top is a solid solid D

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I do think that Allvin and JR are kind of galaxy braining the Lindholm situation and getting carried away with that when there have been cheap depth acquisitions that we should have been in on

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I still want to see a Duhaime-type acquistion and a depth D. I think we can live without a Guentzel.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
we must not have been interested.

Earlier reports did have us interested a few weeks ago.

I’m guessing they’re trying for major moves and then will fit any minor moves around that at the last minute rather than the reverse …but man, not getting in on that value hurts a bit.

GMs leaking the message out to their mouthpieces to drive prices down. Classic.

Bingo.

Reactions: Jovofan and Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad