Speculation: Trade Deadline Predictions

Which Coyotes will be moved prior to the March 3rd trade deadline?

• Chychrun

• Schmaltz

• Gostisbehere

• Crouse

• Ritchie

• Bjugstad

• Boyd

• Fischer

• Vejmelka

• McBain

• Hayton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
I don’t want to trade Schmaltz just yet, Keller 100% asks for trade if we trade Chychrun, Schmaltz and Ghost away

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Hayton is 6 months younger than McBain. I'd keep him for at least 2 more seasons before giving up on him.

He still can't compete physically with grown men his same size.....but it's coming...he doesn't shy away from contact and sticks his nose in where it's gonna get smacked around a bit. IMO Another year or 2 before we see whether Hayton fits his high draft selection.

Ultimately I'd like McBain on the 4th line.....the best 4th line in hockey (the sequel to the Islanders current 4th line...
(McCartney/McBain/Jenik)?

Reactions: Mosby and Sinurgy

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I don't really see a reason to trade Hayton yet, it's not like he's really blocking anyone of note or costing a lot of money. At this point they wouldn't get much for him anyway and certainly no one with a higher ceiling. Maybe a higher floor but when we're talking about probably bottom 3, who really cares about a higher floor. I say keep the kid and hope he can finally put it all together and become solid player for the Yotes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't really see a reason to trade Hayton yet, it's not like he's really blocking anyone of note or costing a lot of money. At this point they wouldn't get much for him anyway and certainly no one with a higher ceiling. Maybe a higher floor but when we're talking about probably bottom 3, who really cares about a higher floor. I say keep the kid and hope he can finally put it all together and become solid player for the Yotes.
100% agree. We don’t really need a fourth 3rd rounder this draft. Three is enough.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Coyotes have two wildly different futures; one where Keller and Crouse ask out, and one where they don't. I'm not sure they have the assets or the time to survive the first.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hayton was not drafted by BA and he doesn't seem like a BA type of player which makes him vulnerable.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No way. It's easily over 1k.
I’ve added one tear drop tattoo to my face for every Chychrun proposal I’ve posted. But I admit, I’ve lost count.

91307235-3EF8-4348-A5D8-EB5B57E0094A.jpeg

The Coyotes have two wildly different futures; one where Keller and Crouse ask out, and one where they don't. I'm not sure they have the assets or the time to survive the first.
Maybe if we do Ghost to FLA we take back White as a dump. Big time Keller/Fisch/Schmaltz guy. Then if we do Chychrun to BUF, we can take back Fitzgerald for the same reasons.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bingo! We have no choice but to keep him at this point. AT seems to like him, so I think he gets another year.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm still stupidly hoping we get to hold on to Chychrun, but I also would like to see BA to get the draft ammo he's looking for.

Chychrun gets a minor injury but enough to scare trade partners before the deadline and we get to keep him.

Trade Vejmelka this month for as high a 1st as you can get. Take on a cap dump goalie, or just throw Ingram and Prosvetov in and tank like there's no tomorrow.

Trade Ghost @50% + '23 AZ 3rd for late 1st.

Trade Bjugstad + '23 WSH 3rd for late 2nd.

Draft Bedard or Fantilli.

Sign a UFA goalie or two (depending on the late season performances of Ingram and Prosvetov).

Sadly, I think trading Vejmelka is the best way to ensure we get as high a pick as possible in this draft.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm still stupidly hoping we get to hold on to Chychrun, but I also would like to see BA to get the draft ammo he's looking for.

Chychrun gets a minor injury but enough to scare trade partners before the deadline and we get to keep him.

Trade Vejmelka this month for as high a 1st as you can get. Take on a cap dump goalie, or just throw Ingram and Prosvetov in and tank like there's no tomorrow.

Sign a UFA goalie or two (depending on the late season performances of Ingram and Prosvetov).

Sadly, I think trading Vejmelka is the best way to ensure we get as high a pick as possible in this draft.
I’m looking forward to seeing just what BA does, if the team continues with what I’m considering success at this point.
Obviously I hope that whatever he does provides even more success in the future.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021

Trading veggie but keeping Chychrun is not a good idea IMO. Chychrun wants to leave because he wants to win. Tanking for top 2 pick is not going to convince Chychrun to stay with us.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Bingo! We have no choice but to keep him at this point. AT seems to like him, so I think he gets another year.
Hayton's game is like Fishers, solid all around but lacks production, good on D. But, production wise, he just doesn't look like he will ever be a 1C/2C. If we could combine Stromes offensive skills with Haytons all around game, we would have the 1C we have needed since JR was here 20 years ago.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The outcome I'm hoping we avoid is us picking around 9th overall and trading Chychrun for like 28th overall, a '25 1st round pick and a prospect with question marks.

The outcome I'm hoping for is basically any one which has us picking Bedard.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hayton's game is like Fishers, solid all around but lacks production, good on D. But, production wise, he just doesn't look like he will ever be a 1C/2C. If we could combine Stromes offensive skills with Haytons all around game, we would have the 1C we have needed since JR was here 20 years ago.
Hayton is well beyond Fisher in his playmaking abilities.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Th

That burden is on the recipients of his passes.

In this league you can't blame anyone else but yourself for underperforming. If Hayton is an elite-level (or even good) playmaker, it would show up a lot more in the stat line.

Hayton's got a lot in the toolbox, but I haven't seen him use it very effectively in the time he's been with the big club.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
In this league you can't blame anyone else but yourself for underperforming. If Hayton is an elite-level (or even good) playmaker, it would show up a lot more in the stat line.

Hayton's got a lot in the toolbox, but I haven't seen him use it very effectively in the time he's been with the big club.
Pay better attention. :D

Edit: All kidding aside, having witnessed Ribiero attempting to set up so many former Coyote stiffs, I don’t think you can fairly say you can only blame yourself in this league.

Another edit: I am not saying Hayton is anywhere near Ribiero status in regard to his playmaking.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Pay better attention. :D
To what? Hayton is good on the dot, good on D, decent in the corners. If he can produce some more points he could turn into a 3C. I don't see his production (or play making) improving enough to be a 2C, but I think he will have an NHL job like Fisher for the next 5 years. They both do enough of the little things well to stay in the NHL, but not enough to be on the top 2 lines.

Reactions: Kaizen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad