GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Hunwick's speed and passing ability is definitely why JR looked at him. His biggest problem, IMO, is urgency and strength on the puck. I have never seen a guy get beat in a 1 on 1 battle more than Hunwick as a defender. He's the equivalent to Sutter when it comes to board battles. He just gets worked. And then he's too weak on the puck in a 50/50 puck play.

You can't hit all home runs. I understand why JR looked at Hunwick.

I’d go with the brutal screwups where no one knows what he was trying to do. There’s losing a battle and then there’s Hunwick standing there oblivious.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think we should prioritize defense then wing if we have any space left.

Greaves

Jul 27, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Good thing for the Pens... if teams are held up on the big name, the Pens can swoop in for the little names they need. Well.. hopefully. If Tampa/Jets/etc. are all busy with EK and other big names, let's see how that plays out. Pittsburgh could be perfect for like a Pouliot or dman.

Winnipeg is trying to get EK65?

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Going by comments from Sabres fans, Anitipin is getting hosed by Housley. I'd be more than happy if they landed Kane AND Anitipin.
We'd still need a depth defenseman, but it's whatever :laugh:

Adding Kane and subtracting Hunwick, YES PLEASE!

Reactions: BHD

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
GMJR is not done as to kicking the tires. But he spent his assets on Brassard and now he is trying to move roster players for roster players. Hard to do. Pens getting softer is a real concern. Playoffs may not mean fighting but cheapshots still happen and in a playoff series losing a Crosby or Malkin or Letang will be costly. Better get some grit and responders. Personally I don't like the trade for Brassard. I would have preferred not to mess with team chemistry and balance of skill and grit developed over 60 games. Pleks would have been fine as a 8 minute fourth line center. You still have picks, the goalie, Cole and Reaves and Hunwick is 8th on the depth chart. I know Brassard is a quality center, but man the cost today and the future is a lot of risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad