GDT: Trade Deadline Day discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 30s31 seconds ago
On me dit que les Maple Leafs sont prêts à prendre une partie du salaire de Dion Phaneuf. #mapleleafs #transactions2015
Translated from French by Bing
I am told that the Leafs are ready to take a portion of the wages of Dion Phaneuf. #mapleleafs #transactions2015

ohhh ****!

Wasnt this reported like 4 hours ago?

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Pierre McGuire is such a tool. Saying Toronto has to lower its price or no deal will get done on Phaneuf. How about stick to reporting instead of meddling with the negotiating process? It's like he's trying to drive down the price and shout down Toronto's demands. Get the hell out.

He is tight with Ken Holland.....of course he wants Toronto to lower their prices.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
On me dit que les Maple Leafs sont prêts à prendre une partie du salaire de Dion Phaneuf. #mapleleafs #transactions2015
I am told that the Leafs are ready to take a portion of the wages of Dion Phaneuf. #mapleleafs #transactions2015

ohhh ****!

Not surprising but I bet if they are the Leafs are going to have a high price on it.

I assume this is why the Detroit trade hasn't happened to this point

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 3m3 minutes ago

This translates to: I'm now being told that the Leafs are now ready to retain salary for Dion Phaneuf.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

ohhh ****!

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1m

Interesting, must have done our round of calls got no where and decided to move on.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 55s55 seconds ago
Coyotes retain 50 percent of Michalek's salary in trade with Blues

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
I asked last night but not sure if it got answered:

If Leafs choose to retain salary on Phaneuf, does it have to be same for all 6 years? Or can it be 50% for first 3 years, and nothing for next 3?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not surprising but I bet if they are the Leafs are going to have a high price on it.

I assume this is why the Detroit trade hasn't happened to this point

Dreger reported this out of the gate at 8:05AM this morning.

The hang up is on prospects. I bet its Larkin. Or maybe Mantha. But Larkin fits our needs more than any prospect we are dealing with.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
It's amazing how Phaneuf's value has changed on these boards recently. For the month before the Clarkson trade, it was all "Phaneuf sucks! Get rid of him!"

Now, it's "Phaneuf sucks! Get rid of him... for a first-rounder and a top prospect!"

oh look another 2 minute old account:laugh:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It was definitely reported that Detroit wanted Toronto to retain salary. I don't remember seeing any indication that the Leafs were ready to do so.

Dreger said early this morning that 2 days ago the Leafs were not willing to retain salary but now they are. We've known this info for hours now.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 36s37 seconds ago
3 teams have told me the Kessel price is too high, BUT they are inquiring.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Okay, apparently Wideman hasn't be traded.

Calgary just messing with the media :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad