Tomorrow is Trade Deadline Day.

So far:

Adam Henriqe & Sam Carrick to Edmonton
Alexander Wennberg to NYR
Bowen Byram from Colorado to Buffalo for Casey Mittelstadt
Noah Hanifin to Vegas
Sean Walker to Colorado for RyJo & a 1st. RyJo has been waived by Philadelphia

Guentzel is the big catch right now.

Discuss all things Trade Deadline related here.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
MarkovsKnee: f*** it we'll do it live.

I already forget who, but very good point on not moving Price until next year after July 1st

I'm about to go do some mindless work where I can listen to stuff, so any podcast that I should listen to to see if there's any info in about the Habs?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I already forget who, but very good point on not moving Price until next year after July 1st

I'm about to go do some mindless work where I can listen to stuff, so any podcast that I should listen to to see if there's any info in about the Habs?
That was me. After july 1st 2025 there will be only 2 millions left to give in cash with a 10.5 millions cap hit. A scorched earth rebuild team will probably bite the bullet. And we wont have to give anything ;)

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I do not expect much activity from the Habs by TDL.
Most of the moves will be done in the offseason.

It will be interesting to see what other teams moves will be.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That was me. After july 1st 2025 there will be only 2 millions left to give in cash with a 10.5 millions cap hit. A scorched earth rebuild team will probably bite the bullet. And we wont have to give anything ;)
Very true. I honestly forgot about his bonuses, or whatever those are.

My brain is working even less than it normally does.

• Wow
Reactions: FloJack

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

none of the kids here under 35 will get that Bill O'reilly reference, but I applaud you for it.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Yup, summer 2025 we'll be able to move Price for sure. He's already said he's ok with Montreal moving his contract.

Hopefully by then Gallagher will be willing to LTIRretire. He'll have played through his big paydays, and if not a buyout is doable by then too.

Anderson will have 2 years left, but we'll probably be able to move him with retention if necessary, as we'll be back to 3 spots.

Summer of 2025 is when we start building out of our rebuild. Hughes has everything lined up for that summer.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
200w.gif

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
We have deadwood to move out but it doesn't have much value so Hughes should approach the deadline as an exercise in addition by subtraction. Savard might get you something useful, and Armia's recent play might entice a team looking for depth at forward to bite. I see no market for Allen or Pearson. Those will be summer moves for sure, either not being resigned or being dealt for whatever we can get just to be rid of them.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup, summer 2025 we'll be able to move Price for sure. He's already said he's ok with Montreal moving his contract.

Hopefully by then Gallagher will be willing to LTIRretire. He'll have played through his big paydays, and if not a buyout is doable by then too.

Anderson will have 2 years left, but we'll probably be able to move him with retention if necessary, as we'll be back to 3 spots.

Summer of 2025 is when we start building out of our rebuild. Hughes has everything lined up for that summer.
Gally's mom has literally only about a year to live. If I were him my interest in playing hockey would be pretty much non-existent right now. This is the perfect time for him to retire and for a very good reason. I read that Mrs. Gallagher has perhaps 14 months and that doesn't mean they will be 14 quality months. Gally should be maximizing his time now, before her condition deteriorates.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
lets get a trade down and crash this board
Pearson for a 7th round pick 2027 and the board will crash

Don't trade Savard! Too valuable helping the young D!
How many years does he need to help the young? Cause he has been playing with them for two years now. Should we extend him for 8 more years? Kids will be fine they are not rookies anymore and Savard wont be there when the next batch of rookies come in.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't trade Savard! Too valuable helping the young D!
That's overblown and no good reason to hang on to him. If they want someone to mentor young defensemen they should fire one of their assistant coaches and hire Larry Robinson. Even so, Matheson is a veteran too and veteran mentor-type players a year or two from the scrap heap can always be found cheaply. The young defensemen will be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad