GDT: Trades & Free Agency

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Under contract til 25-26?
Another big dude.
How’s the Czechia league?
The contract status doesn't really mean much, as most of them have NHL release clauses. The only countries with which it's a problem are Russia and Switzerland.

The Czech league is better than it was. The prospects are getting better, which is evident in their WJC performances. But, if you look at the Latvian player that Florida signed Balinskis, he had 35 points in 50 games as 26 year old and is on the cusp of playing for them

Reactions: aingefan

horner

May 22, 2007
If we do well these playoffs, I can see a summer where we sign Domi and Bert and also FA Tanev. Of course, shedding the appropriate salary to make it work.
Jarnkrok and Kampf will be traded [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Jarnkrok and Kampf will be traded [MOD]
I don't think there will be a huge market for either because of the term. Unless Keefe twisted Tre's arm to sign Kampf his contract is on this GM and he might be a lifer. Jarn can't play center and is a bit more skilled so they might find a taker.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Domi has a year at 3M under his belt. I'd give him another 3 years at 3.5-3.75M per. Essentially the Kerfoot deal as he signed at 3.5M per for 4 years. Domi is a fan favourite unlike Kerfoot, it will be easier to stomach than that one.
And I still think he has the potential for more 60+pt years which Kerf never did. Almost a 50pt pace on 13:34 a night and 50% on the dot in spite of the confused Keefe usage. I hope they can find a way.

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
He's cheap, good defensively, versatile and kills penalties. We need him in the lineup. Not sure why so many want to dump him.
The thing is, they have the big 4 plus Robby and Knies and McMann who are dirt cheap, Holmberg and Gregor who are cheaper yet, and Bert and Domi who have a higher upside. Kampf they might be married to and Reaves they definitely are. It isnt like he isnt any good, just that money is tight and a low minute forward is replaceable.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The thing is, they have the big 4 plus Robby and Knies and McMann who are dirt cheap, Holmberg and Gregor who are cheaper yet, and Bert and Domi who have a higher upside. Kampf they might be married to and Reaves they definitely are. It isnt like he isnt any good, just that money is tight and a low minute forward is replaceable.
THey don't need to move Jarnkrok. Kampf they would move first, if they think Dewar can mostly replace him...

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I would try to deal Kampf and Reaves for an overpaid defender. That would at least be more helpful roster wise. The Leafs have plenty of forwards in the pipeline but barely and D.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'm a big proponent of trading guys to free up cap room but I do worry about how Tre is going to spend it

I'd rather keep Kampf if we're going to throw 5M at Zadorov, and believe me I'm no Kampf fan boy
With the way Edmundson is playing. I think you sign Edmundson for 2.5mil x 4 yrs long before offering Z 5mil for 3-4yrs

Reactions: TMLAM34

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Minten, Holmberg and Dewar do make Kampf expendable going into next season. Especially if Domi re-signs.
I think both Kampf ad Jarnkrok have become expendable. We've played well without Jarnkrok and the PK hasn't been that great all year even with him tbh, so if they can find a cheaper option who can come in and help the PK then I don't see why they don't do it. If Jarnkrok has a good playoffs I'd consider keeping him though and if he does what he did last playoffs then easily consider it.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm a big proponent of trading guys to free up cap room but I do worry about how Tre is going to spend it

I'd rather keep Kampf if we're going to throw 5M at Zadorov, and believe me I'm no Kampf fan boy

Having capspace with this GM is worrying on some level.

Boy blunder signed Mrazek and Ritchie and we quickly needed to get out of those.

He signed Graves and Jarry in Pittsburgh.

Most GMs sign bad deals on July 1st.

We also were constantly bargain bin hunting with Dubas, couldn't get good depth.

Treliving went what?

2/4 for the big ones?

Domi, Bertuzzi win
Klingberg and Reaves bust

Depth guys in Benoit, Jones and Laggesson were nice.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Boy blunder signed Mrazek and Ritchie and we quickly needed to get out of those.

He signed Graves and Jarry in Pittsburgh.

Most GMs sign bad deals on July 1st.

We also were constantly bargain bin hunting with Dubas, couldn't get good depth.

Treliving went what?

2/4 for the big ones?

Domi, Bertuzzi win
Klingberg and Reaves bust

Depth guys in Benoit, Jones and Laggesson were nice.
I did not say I was not worried about Dubas with capspace.:laugh:

Reaves out of the gate with that many years seemed completely unnecessary.

Was Kampf not extended under Trev? Or I am misremembering?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
With the way Edmundson is playing. I think you sign Edmundson for 2.5mil x 4 yrs long before offering Z 5mil for 3-4yrs
I love how he plays but I'd want to see his medical, if he's fit hell yeah but I do remember something about his health that was concerning longer term

Reactions: Gabriel426

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad