Confirmed with Link: Trade. Blueger from Pittsburgh for DiLiberatore and 2024 3rd

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
I did my homework:

Blueger has a good xGA which is even more impressive relative to his team. Pittsburgh sits last in xGA among teams in a playoff position.

Blueger’s penalty kill to 5v5 ice time ratio is unusually high. First of all, this means his production is better than it appears at face value. Blueger received 2 fewer minutes in Pittsburgh than the lowest Vegas regulars at 5v5.

Secondly, a large sum of his 5v5 ice time was carry over penalty kill time. His xGF and xGA could be even better. He is also a good puck thieve, average in terms of physicality.

Moral of the story Blueger holds his own and then some. He is capable of replacing Roy on the 4th line and allowing him to play right wing in my opinion.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Teddy Blueger WAR%

Blueger had another solid season in 19-20 (other seasons below are partial):

BluegerOtherTOIPKTOI
22-2310:102:36 5th in NHL
21-2212:462:15
20-2112:482:03
19-2013:262:22
18-199:471:16

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I did my homework:

Blueger has a good xGA which is even more impressive relative to his team. Pittsburgh sits last in xGA among teams in a playoff position.

Blueger’s penalty kill to 5v5 ice time ratio is unusually high. First of all, this means his production is better than it appears at face value. Blueger received 2 fewer minutes in Pittsburgh than the lowest Vegas regulars at 5v5.

Secondly, a large sum of his 5v5 ice time was carry over penalty kill time. His xGF and xGA could be even better. He is also a good puck thieve, average in terms of physicality.

Moral of the story Blueger holds his own and then some. He is capable of replacing Roy on the 4th line and allowing him to play right wing in my opinion.
Yeah, this move must be to have Roy move up the lineup and stop being, well, wasted on a 4th line.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Yeah, this move must be to have Roy move up the lineup and stop being, well, wasted on a 4th line.

As I suspected, it certainly sounds like Roy may be worse than day to day. I don't even want him up the lineup anyways. He's best at center where can use his size to win battles down low in the d zone. They need a RW who is noticeably more skilled and faster than Roy for Eichel and to put the Misfits back together. I'm 100% fine with Carrier-Stephenson-Kessel without Stone in there. Once Roy gets back the 4th line should be Blueger-Roy-Cotter/Howden/Kolesar.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021

As I suspected, it certainly sounds like Roy may be worse than day to day. I don't even want him up the lineup anyways. He's best at center where can use his size to win battles down low in the d zone. They need a RW who is noticeably more skilled and faster than Roy for Eichel and to put the Misfits back together. I'm 100% fine with Carrier-Stephenson-Kessel without Stone in there. Once Roy gets back the 4th line should be Blueger-Roy-Cotter/Howden/Kolesar.

I think it would be best to put Roy with Karlsson actually so Karlsson has freedom to join the rush where he is best offensively.

Alternatively Stephenson can be may a speedy winger because our bottom 6 is finally formidable.

Stephenson-Eichel-Cotter
Smith-Karlsson-Marchy
Barbashev-Roy-Kessel
Carrier
-Blueger-Kolesar

It seems we would have at least a few options if and when Roy comes back.

Reactions: WhataKnight

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Doesn't sound like he's worse than day-to-day. Kelly says this move allows Roy to have a different role. Which makes me happy.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I did my homework:

This is what Teddy Blueger used to be.

He got a facial injury last season and has sucked ever since.

I wanted the Pens to give this guy 3mil x 6 a few years ago.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
This is what Teddy Blueger used to be.

He got a facial injury last season and has sucked ever since.

I wanted the Pens to give this guy 3mil x 6 a few years ago.
Whether or not he sucked bottom line is he is a prime bounce back candidate. His OISH% is 5.1% and his SH% is 1.9%. In BOTH categories he ranks 6th worst out of 345 forwards, with his TOI or more). Sullivan did him no favors either by shaving 3 minutes off his ice time. His xGF% is relatively unchanged too.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad