Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That is always the first thing said but the guy gets paid for his nonsense so he’s doing something right. I bet there is some smoke to this. Curious to see if Russo jumps on.
He did something right at some point long ago, got famous for it and has been riding that wave ever since.

He is the LEAST accurate trade prognosticator out there. He's famous though, so what he says is still out there... doesn't have a track record worth a damn at this point though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brodin's trade value has probably never been higher. Hypothetically, what would he fetch, I wonder? To me, he is looking like a #1D this year, though him not getting PP TOI makes that opinion questionable.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Brodin's trade value has probably never been higher. Hypothetically, what would he fetch, I wonder? To me, he is looking like a #1D this year, though him not getting PP TOI makes that opinion questionable.
It's within my opinion the strength of the core of this defense goes straight out the window if you move brodin.

Hes a modern time franchise two way defenseman. There are verrrry few players who have the skating, balance, iq, and calmness of Jonas and simply put can do what others simply cannot.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It's within my opinion the strength of the core of this defense goes straight out the window if you move brodin.

Hes a modern time franchise two way defenseman. There are verrrry few players who have the skating, balance, iq, and calmness of Jonas and simply put can do what others simply cannot.

Obviously it completely depends on the return, but I generally agree with you. I'm open to moving most players outside of Kap, but Brodin may be the other guy I'd be super hesitant to trade.

Reactions: grN1g

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He is playing the best hockey of his career and is probably the best defenseman in the league when it comes to shutting down speed and skill players. If the Wild want to be contenders and actually win in this modern NHL, a guy like Brodin would be a huge part of it and neutralizing the opposing teams stars.

Reactions: grN1g

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I'm in no way advocating for this but to give you an idea I'd likely force suter to want to leave for his 7.5m cap space before I ever contemplate trading Brodin.

You will never get a player to replace him in a deal so barring a McDavid he's practically unmoveable by all tense and purposes if you're trying to win playoff games in the near future.

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
Roumurs in several Swedish papers (both local and national ones) is that MoJo perhaps wants to go back and play a year or two with his brother Martin in SHL before he hands up his skates.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Roumurs in several Swedish papers (both local and national ones) is that MoJo perhaps wants to go back and play a year or two with his brother Martin in SHL before he hands up his skates.
So that'd a mutual contract termination? Him retiring?

Was this an immediate type of thing or a when his contract is up with the Wild? Because if it's an immediate type of thing, that opens up cap space for Boldy.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Does Zuccarello even have a brother named Martin? Far as I could find online he has a brother named Fabian and step brother named Robin Dahlstrom.

Edit: corrected Mojo not zucc

Last edited:

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
Does Zuccarello even have a brother named Martin? Far as I could find online he has a brother named Fabian and step brother named Robin Dahlstrom.

I doubt this rumor has any merit if the brothers name can't even be delivered right.

MoJo... not Zucc.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
images (1).jpeg

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
So that'd a mutual contract termination? Him retiring?

Was this an immediate type of thing or a when his contract is up with the Wild? Because if it's an immediate type of thing, that opens up cap space for Boldy.
It wasent mentioned on how but definitly not for 20/2. Both his and Martin (his brother) sits on outgoing contracts so 21/22 looks like they atleast are thinking about playing together.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Strength of this team is the blueline. Losing Dumba to trade and then Soucy in the expansion draft would be a step back.

This week Guerin should ask Parise to waive expansion draft this to protect Dumba. If he says no, Guerin should ask him whether he is serious about winning in Minnesota and then ask him if he would waive in a trade. If he says no, that says all we need to know about Parise, and Guerin should buy him out before the expansion draft (if possible).

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Strength of this team is the blueline. Losing Dumba to trade and then Soucy in the expansion draft would be a step back.

This week Guerin should ask Parise to waive expansion draft this to protect Dumba. If he says no, Guerin should ask him whether he is serious about winning in Minnesota and then ask him if he would waive in a trade. If he says no, that says all we need to know about Parise, and Guerin should buy him out before the expansion draft (if possible).
Guerin: “Zach, are you commited to bringing a cup to Minnesota”.

Parise: “Of course. Its always been my dream to win a cup here”.

Guerin: “Great! We want you to waive your NMC so we can trade you”.

Parise: “Ummmm.............come again”?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I think the conversation would be more about convincing Zach that there isn't a way in hell that Seattle would choose Parise and his anchor contract, so why not do the team a solid and waive the NMC so Dumba can be protected?

Reactions: kegstandbyme

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

Guerin: “Zach, are you commited to bringing a cup to Minnesota?"

Guerin: "I do not believe you. I asked you to waive so we can keep our blueline together, and you passed up that opportunity. Think about whether you meant it. If you haven't changed your mind by the end of the day, then you and your agent should find a new team. I will try to trade you for your sake, but if nobody is interested or if you block that, I will buy you out. That is my commitment to winning in Minnesota."

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Offensively? Probably not. Do we need to?

If we're going to be paying him over 30M I think we should be able to expect more from him than just defense. Especially with Eriksson Ek being quite capable of being an extremely similar player and playing an extremely similar role. We do need offensive centers eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad