Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - 2022-23 Edition - Postseason Success can't be a Myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Faber and Addy could be real decent pair down the road when Fletchers nightmare is over.

A RHD playing offhanded when there are a bunch of LHD prospects that should be pushing for the roster after 2 more full AHL seasons.

Reactions: TaLoN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
We won’t be able to afford Gus. If we can move fluery, that should be move number 1. Otherwise, we probably have to move Gus. And Buffalo 100% needs an upgrade in goal. Levi is a solid prospect, but I think they more kidding themselves if they think he can be their starter next year.
People are going way overboard with Gus's expected AAV. Thinking he's in line for 3.5 or 4 million.

Zero chance that happens. It'll be a short prove it deal around 2 million.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
People are going way overboard with Gus's expected AAV. Thinking he's in line for 3.5 or 4 million.

Zero chance that happens. It'll be a short prove it deal around 2 million.

Even if it is 4M, he was the second most important player on the team this year. You sign him and move the dead weight like Fleury, Foligno, Goligoski, Zuccarello or Middleton.

Reactions: 57special

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Even if it is 4M, he was the second most important player on the team this year. You sign him and move the dead weight like Fleury, Foligno, Goligoski, Zuccarello or Middleton.
100%

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't particularly agree on Middleton, but for the rest I do. I think Goligoski is gonna retire. Hope Fleury does but with Brodeur so close doubt he does.

I'd move Foligno and Zuccerello in an instant.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't particularly agree on Middleton, but for the rest I do. I think Goligoski is gonna retire. Hope Fleury does but with Brodeur so close doubt he does.

I'd move Foligno and Zuccerello in an instant.

Middleton was, admittedly, a bit of a stretch inclusion. But I view him as a bottom pairing defenseman, and at 2.45M, he's a little more expensive than I'd like him to be.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I believe the wild will consider moving Gustavsson this offeaaon. The wild believe Wallstedt is close to being ready to be an NHL backup and they won’t be able to afford Gustavsson’s next deal. Buffalo is the team I’d be interested in. I would do Gus for their first.
This is galaxy brain thinking. Peter Griffin "it could be anything, even a boat" thinking.

Gus would probably take a 1x3M deal and if not let someone offer sheet him. There's no need to trade a good young goalie because you think you might have another one waiting in the wings.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Middleton was, admittedly, a bit of a stretch inclusion. But I view him as a bottom pairing defenseman, and at 2.45M, he's a little more expensive than I'd like him to be.
I think he has a skillet that somehow just works with high end defenders. Like it worked with Karlsson before Spurgeon.

Similar to how Hartman can hang with Kaprizov.

At his cost, he's valuable to the team.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I think he has a skillet that somehow just works with high end defenders. Like it worked with Karlsson before Spurgeon.

Similar to how Hartman can hang with Kaprizov.

At his cost, he's valuable to the team.
For context, which kind?

This?

Skillet Wallpapers 2016 - Wallpaper Cave

Or this?
1681648993584.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Exactly. A young goalie that could be a mainstay for the next decade is a guy you keep over transitory afterthoughts like Goligoski. Foligno is very well liked but has had a flat out bad year, and seems like he is starting to break down. You would like to keep him, but not at the expense of a young, top 5 goalie. That’s insanity.

I think they want to keep Fleury, and he has a NMC(wtg, BG), but you certainly lose a 38 yo over Gus.

As good as Zucc has been, you can’t be blind to his age, the recent fall off in his play, and the boon an extra 6M would give the team.

You want keep Middleton around for at least another year, till the young D prospects start to prove NHL ready. His cap hit is modest, so it’s not a big savings between him and a replacement level player. Middleton isn’t perfect but that is why he is making 2+M a year. He does provide some heft to a back line that will sorely need it after Dumba leaves.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Addison, not even close. He is 11 years younger

Two RHD?
Russo just said this in his recent article... (linked in the series thread)
Addison has basically become the Wild’s ninth defenseman, so it would take a desperate situation or injuries for him to get another chance.
With how far his stock has fallen, I don't see how he's still here next season. It's been a meteoric fall.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Russo just said this in his recent article... (linked in the series thread)

With how far his stock has fallen, I don't see how he's still here next season. It's been a meteoric fall.
That is just terrible asset management unless they tanked his value to sign him cheap. He was a player that was easily on pace to bring a 1st at the tdl.

Reactions: keppel146

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That is just terrible asset management unless they tanked his value to sign him cheap. He was a player that was easily on pace to bring a 1st at the tdl.
That's not an asset management problem, that's a player performance problem. He's been defensively inept and uninterested.
We saw what happened with the last player that showed no interest in making an effort... he got traded to Buffalo.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
That's not an asset management problem, that's a player performance problem. He's been defensively inept and uninterested.
We saw what happened with the last player that showed no interest in making an effort... he got traded to Buffalo.
I know but Addison was going to put up 50pts. If they decided he didn’t fit the team showcase him and sell high.

Greenway was useless and not scoring.

• Haha
Reactions: TaLoN

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Put up 50pts HOW exactly?
Ahh , on the pp ?? I mean he’s at 29pts now and only played in 62 games. If they were gonna punt on him they could have easily had him at 35pts by the tdl and he would have been worth way more than he is now.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He was already struggling on it long before he was benched. See my above edit.
Right but 13 in 27 is still 40pt pace. If they would have show casednhim you don’t think he could have paced 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad