News Article: Towering Laine possesses a powerful confidence

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
So excited to see him in a Jets jersey

Don't count your chicken until he hatches on Winnipeg's 2nd draft pick at the Draft, but yes he would be a game changer for our team on so many levels. I can't wait to find out for sure though, so hurry up draft day.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think it's likely they take Laine at 2 assuming Toronto doesn't. I would put that at greater than 50 percent now for sure. I think it's basically Matthews or Laine for the Jets. Chevy talked a lot about Puljujarvi but.. I still see them going Matthews or Laine, whoever Toronto doesn't pick.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
I think it's likely they take Laine at 2 assuming Toronto doesn't. I would put that at greater than 50 percent now for sure. I think it's basically Matthews or Laine for the Jets. Chevy talked a lot about Puljujarvi but.. I still see them going Matthews or Laine, whoever Toronto doesn't pick.

Well if we had the very first pick for fun sake and I was choosing, it would be a very difficult choice to make but for what our team needs in finishing pieces needed for building a cup contender it would have to be Laine and he is the one I would choose so in my mind Laine is the number one pick at the draft for us. :nod:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
My God I love this kid already. What a huge boost for this team to get the opportunity to get a player of his caliber.

No Czeck Pucks

Aug 29, 2013
The Sun writer, who reported the coach incident last month, did not report it in a balance way. He made it sound as though Pate threatened the coach to his face. Poor reporting. Very interesting guy, unlike Matthews. Is that a good thing? I think so.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Hate to say it but if i was picking first, I'd have a hard time not taking Matthews, Scheif Matthews down the middle for 8 10 years, How can you say no to that?

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Hate to say it but if i was picking first, I'd have a hard time not taking Matthews, Scheif Matthews down the middle for 8 10 years, How can you say no to that?

Its a Good thing that Toronto has the first pick then cause we get what's left for it truly is a very hard pick to pick, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't, you just cant win but that's been Toronto's problem now going on for 50 years.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg

That's how I feel, I'd still take Matthews if we had the first pick, but Laine sure is a nice consolation prize....

Either way, one of Matthews or Laine has a good chance to be a game changer.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
“I think the Leafs are right to draft Matthews,” says Edmonton-based Finnish hockey writer Jouni Nieminen. “They need a centre and he’s a cornerstone player. But I don’t think anyone should be surprised if one day they look at Laine and wish they had him. He may turn out to be a very special player in the NHL.”

This sums my feelings up rather well.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
That's how I feel, I'd still take Matthews if we had the first pick, but Laine sure is a nice consolation prize....

Either way, one of Matthews or Laine has a good chance to be a game changer.

Don't think "consolation price" is the proper word for it. This kid can (and I think will) turn out the best player from 2016 draft down the road. The Jets are lucky that Toronto is looking desperate down the middle and they're nearly forced to go Matthews. Laine had by far the best season from all the draft eligible players and should go #1. His resume will from last season will go down in the history books as "unchallenged" for a very, very long time.

Still I really dearly hope he "falls". The Jets looks like the perfect home and brings up nostalgic feelings.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
In three weeks we'll know for sure.

Then the Jets Gear stores can start selling #29 Jets Jerseys.

The Development Camp in July will be packed.

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
Wonder if Jets will become Finland's favourite NHL team?
That is plausible. Barkov has recently made Panthers a lot bigger in Finland. There are no clear favourite NHL teams here, it's pretty much parallel to the amount (and quality) of Finns playing in the team. Winnipeg would then have some old Teppo factor, a bit bigger Teemu factor and the huge Pate factor.

So when a couple years go by, Jets could well be the most popular team here. It could happen with Pulju too but it would require him outshining Laine in the next couple years. The hype around Laine is something unseen in Finland, so you would definitely draft a huge amount of Finnish fans with him. Me included.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That is plausible. Barkov has recently made Panthers a lot bigger in Finland. There are no clear favourite NHL teams here, it's pretty much parallel to the amount (and quality) of Finns playing in the team. Winnipeg would then have some old Teppo factor, a bit bigger Teemu factor and the huge Pate factor.

So when a couple years go by, Jets could well be the most popular team here. It could happen with Pulju too but it would require him outshining Laine in the next couple years. The hype around Laine is something unseen in Finland, so you would definitely draft a huge amount of Finnish fans with him. Me included.

And maybe Armia lives up to his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad