GDT: Torts forever

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
In the brief sample I liked Roslovic with KJ as I felt it juiced up the line by adding pace.
They worked well together last year. Might be more viable now with Roslovic putting more emphasis on the defensive side and Johnson slowly getting more mature and confident

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
- Tarasov played like God. We especially won thanks to him.
- Roslovic, Bean and the youngsters were also excellent. Maybe it would be good to make other line, for example Roslovic with Johnson, Sillinger with Chinakhov and Marchenko... we will see.
- Danforth showed how he is important for Gaudreau, he made him free ice, get the pucks.
- But one thing interests me and Vincent could explain it in front of some unnamed players. What are the criteria for playing in the third period? It seems to me that they are equal and they are more equal.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jake Christiansen. I don't even remember seeing him on the ice tonight. He must have been good. And how the hell did Jake Bean put up statistics that good and look so bad doing it?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
So insignificant, was told, that we don't have time or interest to fix it because "defense ". Which just allowed 2 and scored 2, against a very defensive coach.

I'll stick to my own analysis, PP needs more fixing and is more quickly fixable by coaching than "overall defense" which needs time more than anything else.
I'm not trying to change your mind, just offering a different viewpoint.

In my opinion, fixing the PP would help the team, I just don't think as much as it would if they fixed the 5 on 5. I used Winnipeg as an example before because they were very similar to us in PP percentage. Using Tampa as an example now, because they are similar in GA 5 on 5, but have a much better PP, just under 30 percent, they are 6 wins better than us. An improvement, but not quite as big as what Winnipeg has done.

Looking back at the Jackets teams, the last time they had a better than league average PP was the 2016-17 season. They won 50 games that year. 5 on 5 they were 6th highest in GF (2nd this year), and 4th lowest in GA (31st this year).

This organization has been mostly below average their whole history on the PP, even had the one year they were bringing in outside people to specifically fix the PP and they weren't able to. I am not sure if this franchise could easily fix a PP.

Reactions: koteka and VT

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
It was an ugly win, nevertheless a win. The first two periods were just a slog-fest but we looked better in the third. Tarasov looked good, even better than his credible previous game. KJ had some really nice moments including his move in the SO despite not finishing. Johnny struggled but came thru in the end. And did I mention Tarasov? :D

Also hats off to Boone for being named an All Star. He’s not a Crosby or Matthews certainly, but he’s been our best player this year and I look at this similarly to a deserved lifetime achievement award. I’m happy for Boone.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
Always a blessing that we left the game with no one seriously hurt. The first game against Philly last year left us crippled. I'm always concerned that it'll happen again.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
You can really see the influence Bedard has had in KJ s game . KJ is taking that next step in his development .. his shot and release have taken a huge step from the player we drafted .

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
You can really see the influence Bedard has had in KJ s game . KJ is taking that next step in his development .. his shot and release have taken a huge step from the player we drafted .
Bedard influence?

I feel like hes had an underrated shot for a bit, im glad hes using it more, opens up so much more with the playmaking too

Reactions: VT

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
If it goes to OT, I kind of expect the other team to win. But shoot out is a different story. KJ, even when he doesn’t score, has the goalie crapping his pants. Gaudreau and KJ are such a good 1-2 punch. Do we know who would have shot third?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bedard influence?

I feel like hes had an underrated shot for a bit, im glad hes using it more, opens up so much more with the playmaking too
Yes , they are great friends , train together , and play off-season on same roller hockey team. KJ has talked quite a bit of their friendship , and learning from Bedards release . Kj was all playmaker when he was drafted, he’s now showing a wicked shot/release , and aggressively shooting the puck instead of deferring .. last night he had 5 shots on goal , a few games prior against the Devils he had 4 .. he appears to be adding the sniper component to his offensive game , which is awesome to see.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yes , they are great friends , train together , and play off-season on same roller hockey team. KJ has talked quite a bit of their friendship , and learning from Bedards release . Kj was all playmaker when he was drafted, he’s now showing a wicked shot/release , and aggressively shooting the puck instead of deferring .. last night he had 5 shots on goal , a few games prior against the Devils he had 4 .. he appears to be adding the sniper component to his offensive game , which is awesome to see.
I know, its just that theyve known each other for so long I thought you were talking like this is a recent thing. He'll always be a playmaker but maybe playing with 2 guys that havent been finishing chances will help round out his offensive game and continue to use his shot more. On pace for 20 goals with a slow start so its nice to see he's not that Alex Wennberg passive and scared to shoot type of guy

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
How would we classify KJ's skating? I always thought he had more speed but perhaps that's just not his game. Appears he is the slow it down and dangle with deception to create separation.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It was an ugly win, nevertheless a win. The first two periods were just a slog-fest but we looked better in the third. Tarasov looked good, even better than his credible previous game. KJ had some really nice moments including his move in the SO despite not finishing. Johnny struggled but came thru in the end. And did I mention Tarasov? :D

Also hats off to Boone for being named an All Star. He’s not a Crosby or Matthews certainly, but he’s been our best player this year and I look at this similarly to a deserved lifetime achievement award. I’m happy for Boone.
To write that Gaudreau played horribly would be an understatement. Just apologize to Gaudreau for trying, he played in the third period and not for the first time, and a lot of dirt is being poured on the other players (plural), even the coach do it, they are sitting in the third period and could have been healthy - scratch not just one game.

P.S. It's nothing personal against Johnny, he doesn't set the lineup.

By the way, it was shown here how important Danforth is.

Last edited:

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
If it goes to OT, I kind of expect the other team to win. But shoot out is a different story. KJ, even when he doesn’t score, has the goalie crapping his pants. Gaudreau and KJ are such a good 1-2 punch. Do we know who would have shot third?
Tex with the fire poker.

Reactions: Indy18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad