Speculation: Toronto's Left Wing: Not So Great. Bertuzzi demotion, Knies disappearing and not producing, and Jarnkrok not so great...

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
This is a big time disappointment for TOR and for Treliving.

Is MM, AM, WN, JT just looking for each other, or is there something seriously wrong with the talent they have?

Knies has to be better.
Bertuzzi has to get himself off of the 4th line. Jarnkrok has to do something. Yell and scream. Smash things! f***ing wake up!

This is pathetic. They have to get going. The core four have to get them involved!

I can't believe I'm saying it but it's time to try Steeves, Clifford, Abruzzese, Robertson, McMann, etc. Bring someone in who wants to prove themselves!

Get this going guys. You are terrible so far. Prove to the world that you deserve to be in a top 9 position.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Knies and Domi are playing with Kampf for some reason and Jarnkrok with Matthews and Marner for some reason.

1699124008057.png

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Knies - has played well at this stage in his career. Will continue to improve and get on the scoresheet disagree with this take. Should be in the top 6 for sure.
Bertuzzi - I don't think he has played poorly of late. Still needs time to bed with the team he can be better. Production can be better. Don't like the penalties smacks of a new player trying hard to make something happen I think this will taper down. I'm not sure he will be a reg season star we'll see but a greasy player like him will be more needed come playoff time.
Jarnkrok - a Dubas hold-over with no place on this team. Only a matter of time before Tre finds a dance partner to offload this waste of a roster spot.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Knies is a kid and really shouldn't be leaned on too much for production anyway.
No. I disagree. Do you remember how quickly TOR put Knies into the most important hockey of his career? He had 10 regular season games and then boom: 13 min. a night in Stanley Cup Playoffs. No one is expecting 30 goals, but he has to be something special for TOR if Keefe ever wants to see some success in the playoffs. Knies is 21. He can expect more ice time and more pressure to produce.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
10 games in were doomed.....

C'mon.

Knies has been good.

Krok shouldn't be touching the top line. This is a coaching problem. Keefe over thinks everything.

Put good players with other good players and tell them to attack the net and get rebounds. It's 101 shit.

Bertuzzi will be better than this too.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Jarnkrok should not be anywhere near the top 6. Don’t know why Sheldon insists on doing it.
I would normally agree but I thought he looked pretty good last game....he was hustling and making some decent moves and plays...I noticed him.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
10 games in were doomed.....

C'mon.

Knies has been good.

Krok shouldn't be touching the top line. This is a coaching problem. Keefe over thinks everything.

Put good players with other good players and tell them to attack the net and get rebounds. It's 101 shit.

Bertuzzi will be better than this too.
What doomed?

Should i take that back and say: "They are so good. Nothing is wrong with out left wing position"?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Offensively Knies is being a bit muted by his usage. Should probably be playing higher in the lineup rather than on the third line. Bertuzzi should've better in the long run, but it's up to him to start playing right.

Hopefully Robertson is in a position to openly fight for a spot sooner than later

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
What doomed?

Should i take that back and say: "They are so good. Nothing is wrong with out left wing position"?
Nope. Not at all. You're entitled to your opinion. Just seems a bit premature.

Offensively Knies is being a bit muted by his usage. Should probably be playing higher in the lineup rather than on the third line. Bertuzzi should've better in the long run, but it's up to him to start playing right.

Hopefully Robertson is in a position to openly fight for a spot sooner than later
Agree with all of that. Bang on.

Reactions: Menzinger

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I posted this in the Domi thread but I’d try this lineup. What can it hurt cause what we have been doing isn’t working.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Domi-Bertuzzi
Gregor-Kampf-Holmberg
Waive Reeves he is useless anyway.

The idea is that the 3rd line is an all offensive line with heavy offensive zone starts. Jarnkrok can help be the defensive conscious on the 2nd line. The 4th line is a defensive matchup line with heavy defensive zone starts. You could switch Jarnkrok and Bertuzzi to bump up the 2nd line offensively and the 3rd line defensively.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Nope. Not at all. You're entitled to your opinion. Just seems a bit premature.

Agree with all of that. Bang on.
10 games and a "they have to get going" is not premature. It's centered, and more Zen then most of the "fire keefe", "trade Marner", "waive Reaves" threads. You can't say that "they have to get going"?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Tonight:

Knies 0 shots, O goals, 0 points
Bertuzzi 1 shot, O goals, 0 points
Jarnkrok 1 shot, 0 goals, 1 point
Gregor 1 shot, O goals, 0 points

They all have to be way better and it's no joke.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
How do you blame Knies? What’s he supposed to do with Kampf and Domi stapled to him? 12 mins a night, with useless plugs?
He's under the same scrutiny and criticism as Jarnkrok. That's why I mention both. If Knies is better than Kampf/Domi then he should be.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm hoping that the integration of so many new parts (three of the four players in question) is responsible for the early season funk. Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad