Proposal: Toronto - Winnipeg

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Cool article, one was put out a couple years back about Jake Gardiner being a defensive God. He's also a consistent 30pts player and and LD. Gardiner for Trouba straight up, right?

He's improved from the days when Leaf fans wanted him gone, but I wouldn't move a 22 year old Trouba for 26 year old Gardiner, no.

Is that where you're moving the goalposts now after it's factually pointed out that in fact Trouba has not "stagnated" over the last 3 years like you incorrectly posted?

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
No trade between Toronto and the Peg around Trouba will work... The assets Toronto has the Jets arent interested in (young forwards as we have enough talent on the way ourselves). Any deal around Trouba would be Gardiner + which Leafs fans wont do.

So stop proposing lol

Jul 10, 2003
KW
No trade between Toronto and the Peg around Trouba will work... The assets Toronto has the Jets arent interested in (young forwards as we have enough talent on the way ourselves). Any deal around Trouba would be Gardiner + which Leafs fans wont do.

So stop proposing lol

Actually Gardiner+ is fine with most Leaf fans, obviously depending on the + but I would expect it to be significant.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Rielly is in the conversation, there's a helluva lot more than just Trouba coming back the other way.

I have a feeling that Trouba is going to open some eyes at the World Cup when he's on the same team as Rielly and other young D.

Ttownjets61

Jun 1, 2016
We'll see if it comes to that. Rielly has already looked better than him on several occasions and is just recently coming off a WHC gold medal win where he was the team's #1 defenceman. So, let's just say, Trouba better get his **** together for this tournament.

How's that when Michael matheson was named top defenceman for the tournament. Did rielly some how trump that.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
How's that when Michael matheson was named top defenceman for the tournament. Did rielly some how trump that.

Take a look at the average ice time among all team Canada skaters and the top three most valuable players on Team Canada bud. Hint Matheson wasn't close on either of these factors.

Ttownjets61

Jun 1, 2016
Take a look at the average ice time among all team Canada skaters and the top three most valuable players on Team Canada bud. Hint Matheson wasn't close on either of these factors.

If it weren't true then rielly would have been named top d-man for the tournament. However he wasn't so can't rebuttal that. Sorry to say but can't look past the fact he didn't win.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I dont get why people are suggesting trading Gardiner + a bunch of good picks/prospects for Trouba. Doesn't even make sense from the Leafs Pov, with the importance of depth scoring and the fact most team's top 3 lines are scoring a lot of points, stacking your 1st pairing while having a complete **** 2nd pairing doesn't really work too well. The leafs bottom 4 defenders without Gardiner would be looking pretty horrible with no immediate help in sight.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Yea willie is on track to be a first line fwd across the board. Can't see him being moved unless it's an overpayment. Wpg fans probably feel similar to trouba so it's doubtful a deal can be made with these 2 teams.
Dermott is also torontos top d prospect right now. So thats just a bad deal for TO

If so that pipeline looks pretty dire.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A plateauing defenseman on the eve of an undeserved pay raise, a mediocre scoring prospect for 2 bluechippers and a high draft pick. No thanks Winnipeg!

Ttownjets61

Jun 1, 2016
No where have I ever mentioned rielly being a bad player. He's a great player. However when all the sports writers vote on tournament mvp he was not chosen. Would I love rielly on the jets, dame rights who wouldn't. To many leafs fan continue to make trade proposal for trouba only to turn around and say he sucks and is over rated. If that were true you wouldn't see them everyday.

Like how all the announcers should stop mentioning how scheifele was the best player for team canada yet wasn't selected for any individual award. It's a collective group that votes and they dreamed matheson the better d-man.

Trouba plays on the right side along with 2 other great players. Was pushed to the left and was really good. Rielly has no competition on the right so plays top minutes. You put trouba in the same situation and guarantee he would be just as good

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
I wouldn't give up Nylander for Trouba. He's gunna put up points and drive possession.

And why would we give up any assets for Nic Petan? We have almost an exact replica in Leipsic.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
A plateauing defenseman on the eve of an undeserved pay raise, a mediocre scoring prospect for 2 bluechippers and a high draft pick. No thanks Winnipeg!

I like how Petan is "a mediocre scoring prospect" where Dermott is "a bluechip prospect" completing ignoring the fact that Petan was far better in his draft AND draft + 1 years than Dermott. You can't be serious with this post, but maybe you are really just the most biased person in the whole world

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I like how Petan is "a mediocre scoring prospect" where Dermott is "a bluechip prospect" completing ignoring the fact that Petan was far better in his draft AND draft + 1 years than Dermott. You can't be serious with this post, but maybe you are really just the most biased person in the whole world

Yeah but scoring's not everything. Unless you're talking defensemen. In which case, scoring is everything. Therefore Rielly>>>>>>Trouba.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Nylander is a C, who played as a C in the NHL.

The last time I checked, the Jets already had 1st and 2nd line centers. So again, no one would trade a quality proven young D (that projects top pairing) for an unproven young C, who's more likely to end up to 2nd line center at best (if not for first line winger).

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Want to know why you're fellow Jets fans aren't jumping in on this little fact? I'm guessing it's because they actually watched the tournament (considering Scheifele and Laine were playing major roles in it) so they already knew how good Rielly was in it.

Reilly was good in the WHC. But so is Trouba (not in the WHC obviously as he wasn't there, just in general), which you time and time again seem unable to admit.

Both players are among the elite group of young D men.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
Actually Gardiner+ is fine with most Leaf fans, obviously depending on the + but I would expect it to be significant.

Thats what I meant, Gardiner could start the conversation but no leafs fan will like what Jets would want added to Gardiner to make value even. Hence no trade....

For me it would have to even start at this.

To Toronto
Trouba

To Winnipeg
Gardiner + Dermott + pick/prospect

And that is only if Jets decide there is no way Trouba is coming back....

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We'll see if it comes to that. Rielly has already looked better than him on several occasions and is just recently coming off a WHC gold medal win where he was the team's #1 defenceman. So, let's just say, Trouba better get his **** together for this tournament.

I guess you missed the WHC a few years ago when Trouba was a stud for team USA for two tournaments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad