Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT (NOT for other series' discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If you reversed the outcome of both games, it would feel a lot better.
Games 2 and 4 are always the key to a 7 game series.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yep, we're still in good shape. We may lose Kadri but their D is depleted, so there's no excuses. Just show up, and it should be exciting in the barn to get the boys started.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
With home ice, I feel confident we can win the next two. We won game 3 last year without Naz after playing two stinkers in Boston. I like our chances tonight.

Reactions: Burnie97

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I've avoided this place since the game, to escape the inevitable melt downs, and over the top blame game. No doubt, we didn't play our best, but then again... the reffing.... was terrible.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Have a better feeling tonight overall.

Saturday’s blowout loss a good reminder to the boys that ya going to be a long series.

And while not going to overly nitpick lineup decisions (at least until the postseason lol) hoping that at some point Moore gets switched with Brown on Nylander’s line - think they’ll have much better chemistry

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i agree with Shannon.
I fully believe that wednesday the leafs have to win. Let Boston be the one to chase them for a change, but then go into Boston and just finish the game. they did play a complete game, so for the love of all that's holy, please do it again. don't be inconsistent like you've been all season with one good game, one eh game.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Sucks Bruins goaded Kadri into a suspension for a 2nd straight year.

I was really looking forward to seeing Kadri lay some bruins out at home with the crowd cheering him on

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Quite a while back I booked a ferry for Easter Sunday at 3:15 pst. The ferry trip is nearly 2 hours and I have an hour long drive afterwards. Should this series go to 6 games, what are the chances the game will start at a time other than 4 or 4:30pm (7 or 7:30pm)? I am wondering if I should catch an earlier or later ferry if it isn't too late.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Quite a while back I booked a ferry for Easter Sunday at 3:15 pst. The ferry trip is nearly 2 hours and I have an hour long drive afterwards. Should this series go to 6 games, what are the chances the game will start at a time other than 4 or 4:30pm (7 or 7:30pm)? I am wondering if I should catch an earlier or later ferry if it isn't too late.

Honestly, it's hard to say because the Leafs rarely play on Sunday. I can see it being an afternoon game because they assume most people are home. Hopefully the Leafs end this in 5 so you don't have to worry about it though. :)

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Let's hope if the Leafs are up by 1 goal in the 3rd period of Game 4, he doesn't make that mistake of clearing the puck into the seats and getting a delayed penalty call like he did tonight.

Also had a couple brutal giveaways. But, he is still playing better.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I really think people need to layoff Zaitsev. He has shown composure and the willingness to throw the body. Hence the reason he and Muzzin are on the ice for key defensive situations. He isn't playing a perfect game, but he's playing a solid enough game to allow us to win battles when needed.

A win is a win, the biggest win is how he and Muzzin have shut down the Bergeron line thus far with the solid defensive play of the Tavares line. If they continue to play as they are as a unit, the Leafs playoff drive looks very promising.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
"And now, a little more clarity on Rask's injury has emerged. According to Marisa Ingemi of The Boston Herald, Rask suffered a stinger after his neck cracked, and he felt pain in his right arm after the injury."
Tuukka Rask reportedly suffered stinger in Bruins' loss to Maple Leafs

I think it is bogus on how the NHL deals with these type of in game scenarios. The NFL has it right. Rask should have been pulled for concussion protocol immediately since he stayed down and the contact was to the head. Although I hate the fact that Rask got injured, leaving the decision up to the Bruins is incorrect. NHL needs to pull players at any occurrence where a head injury is suspected. With Rask's history of concussions this was a no brainer and the NHL/Bruins dropped the ball. No given game is more important then a players health.

Reactions: Scarlet Witch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad