Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I'm disgusted with my team after tonight and I still want nothing to do with Tanev. If he could stay healthy he'd be great. But, there is no chance in **** I would trade anything for someone who can't stay healthy. You can't prevent goals against if you're in the press box covered in band aids. The playoffs are a physical time, he's not going to be able to avoid getting pounded and he's injury prone. Preferably they'd get someone who has a bit of nasty.
The reason he gets injured is the Canucks have literally nothing that can take his defensive matchups so he plays the hardest minutes.
In Toronto you basically ask him to compliment the biggest minute defenceman you already have, adding a 4th 23-25 mins defenceman, but one defends better than the rest while not being completely blown away like the ones you have in the skating department. Watching Polak/Hainsey try to make inside turns against on coming forwards is almost as comedy in action as them defending 2 on 1’s. But alas, none of you seem to care about actually improving the defence part of the defence core and wanna target guys like Hamilton who do nothing to help that defending aspect of hockey

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This thread will need to be bumped the same day as the draft.

we will be too busy destroying each other over who we should have drafted and so for. Just like every other year.

that said not sure why Toronto will want Tanev other then the fact, I think it's because he's from toronto, I doubt these Leafs fans gives a rats ass if he Chris Tanev was from Maple Ridge BC instead of North York Ontario.

the sad thing is.... right now, even if Vancouver was in the playoffs for whatever reason.

Tanev wouldn't have played a single game due to him injured right now.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
we will be too busy destroying each other over who we should have drafted and so for. Just like every other year.

that said not sure why Toronto will want Tanev other then the fact, I think it's because he's from toronto, I doubt these Leafs fans gives a rats ass if he Chris Tanev was from Maple Ridge BC instead of North York Ontario.

please lock this thread mod.
It’s the fact that Tanev defends well, plays hard match ups and supresses shot attempts at an elite level. Things the Leafs don’t do well, like at all.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It’s the fact that Tanev defends well, plays hard match ups and supresses shot attempts at an elite level. Things the Leafs don’t do well, like at all.

True, but Tanev is not going to help them, when right now their issue is goal scoring.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The reason he gets injured is the Canucks have literally nothing that can take his defensive matchups so he plays the hardest minutes.
In Toronto you basically ask him to compliment the biggest minute defenceman you already have, adding a 4th 23-25 mins defenceman, but one defends better than the rest while not being completely blown away like the ones you have in the skating department. Watching Polak/Hainsey try to make inside turns against on coming forwards is almost as comedy in action as them defending 2 on 1’s. But alas, none of you seem to care about actually improving the defence part of the defence core and wanna target guys like Hamilton who do nothing to help that defending aspect of hockey
I want Shea Weber. All the Leafs have to do is convince Bergevin that his team sucks terribly and needs to rebuild.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
True, but Tanev is not going to help them, when right now their issue is goal scoring.
It’s easier to tie the game down 1 compared to 3, and by my count those 2 on 1’s were completely on the defenceman. So this last game would be a lot different if someone could actually you know, defend inside the defensive zone.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I want Shea Weber. All the Leafs have to do is convince Bergevin that his team sucks terribly and needs to rebuild.
And your valuation of defenceman just took the biggest nose dive from my perspective and now I completely understand why Leafs can’t value defenceman properly

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
You're of the belief that Chris Tanev is better than Shea Weber?
At this point Weber is not what the Leafs need. It’s as bad a fit as Lucic with McJesus. He just can’t skate at the level needed to be a part of that defensive core at this point. You’d have a 7.5m Polak with a big PP shot and more rugged handsomeness per60.

If that last point interests you can I interest you in one Erik Gudbranson?

Reactions: lawrence

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
At this point Weber is not what the Leafs need. It’s as bad a fit as Lucic with McJesus. He just can’t skate at the level needed to be a part of that defensive core at this point. You’d have a 7.5m Polak with a big PP shot and more rugged handsomeness per60.

If that last point interests you can I interest you in one Erik Gudbranson?
I'm glad you guys bit the bullet on that one. I was scared they might actually trade for him as a rental.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It’s easier to tie the game down 1 compared to 3, and by my count those 2 on 1’s were completely on the defenceman. So this last game would be a lot different if someone could actually you know, defend inside the defensive zone.

Joking aside, I don't even think Tanev would have made it pass game 1 against Boston, one hit by any of the Bruins and he would have been out.

You're of the belief that Chris Tanev is better than Shea Weber?

realistically Chris Tanev is a more likely option then a Shea Weber which will cost any team much more assets and need more cap room. Shea Weber will cost any team a lot of peaces heading to Montreal.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Joking aside, I don't even think Tanev would have made it pass game 1 against Boston, one hit by any of the Bruins and he would have been out.

realistically Chris Tanev is a more likely option then a Shea Weber which will cost any team much more assets and need more cap room. Shea Weber will cost any team a lot of peaces heading to Montreal.
Funny, he played all 7 games against them on a bigger stage. Didn’t seem to stop him then

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Out of curiosity, who is the better player between Tanev and CDH? They look like pretty close comparables. I'm sure each fanbase is probably biased towards their own player.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
To be honest as a Canuck fan. Tanev injury issues is a cause for concern. Guy just can't stay healthy. Made with glass like Sami Salo was. But if Toronto can somehow keep him healthy, he would be a good addition to that team.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
It would be 1 1st and a conditional 1st both would be late first rounders and a late 2nd. Adam Larsson got Taylor Hall. I know that's not the set price but not all 1st round picks are worth the same. A 1st and 2nd plus a conditional 1st isn't highway robbery for a top pairing dman.
You are not getting 2 first and a 2nd for Tanev. I don't care where they land.
My goodness.

Reactions: dubplatepressure

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Have they got the mumps?
Nah the Bruins like to aim the puck at peoples faces. He would have lost even more teeth. That's when the put Marchand on the ice. He's clearly the source of the mumps. Yeah Tanev has no chance against the Bruins in the playoffs.

member 105785

Nah the Bruins like to aim the puck at peoples faces. He would have lost even more teeth. That's when the put Marchand on the ice. He's clearly the source of the mumps. Yeah Tanev has no chance against the Bruins in the playoffs.

He did just fine in 2011

Morgie44

Apr 18, 2018
This again?
Look at the 100 other Chris Tanev to Toronto threads.
I am officially placing a HEX on the Toronto Maple Leafs organization until further notice.

How long is the hex for?
Apologies on behalf of Leafs fans: Lil' B is a false prophet & his blessing was a fail.

Reactions: gianni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad