NBA Toronto Raptors thread

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Doesn't look that way from the box score.

A bucket in the 1st minute is worth the same as a bucket in the last minute. But sports fans have been conditioned to romanticize the "clutch" last few minutes.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Doesn't look that way from the box score.

A bucket in the 1st minute is worth the same as a bucket in the last minute. But sports fans have been conditioned to romanticize the "clutch" last few minutes.
You are 100% wrong. The last few minutes are where the best elevate their play. The playoffs is where those best put their teams on their backs.

All you have to do is watch the last 5 minutes of any raptors game against a good team and watch Derozen. It is even more noticeable in the playoffs. DeRozen doesn't have another gear. Against the Lakers he will score all day.

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
No, I'm pretty sure I'm 100% right in my statement, lol. A bucket is a bucket, no matter when it is. You're romanticizing the idea of your best player coming through for your team cause it makes for exciting sports moments. It's fine, but it's not such a big deal that sports fans make it out to be.

And when you're complaining about a player scoring 28 but not playing up to your standards in those sexy final 5 minutes, it just comes off as you looking for a reason to complain about said player.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
They basically play team basketball for 3 quarters, if the game is close it becomes an iso show featuring Kyle and DeRozan. Brutal to watch.

On another note, Ibaka is a waste of talent.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No, I'm pretty sure I'm 100% right in my statement, lol. A bucket is a bucket, no matter when it is. You're romanticizing the idea of your best player coming through for your team cause it makes for exciting sports moments. It's fine, but it's not such a big deal that sports fans make it out to be.

And when you're complaining about a player scoring 28 but not playing up to your standards in those sexy final 5 minutes, it just comes off as you looking for a reason to complain about said player.
If your not the go to guy in the final minutes you are not the guy. You can score all you want when the pressure is off but like in the last 2 playoffs runs the truth comes out in the end. DeFrozen

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Oh man, I would hate having a 25+ ppg scorer who I can't refer to as The Guy. If you're not The Guy, then you're not The Guy, and your team needs The Guy, cause having The Guy is great for winning with The Guy.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LOL. As if you wouldn't be the first one in here crying if he and the Raptors were playing bad.
The regular season doesn't mean anything. I think the Raps are a good team. I don't buy into the DeRozan hype though. If he's not scoring he's not doing much of anything else.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
"Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan says he knows he can score, but he’s having a lot more fun setting up his teammates."

I guess this why he went scoreless in the second half and had 2 rebounds in the 4th vs the Knicks. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad