NBA Toronto Raptors thread

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I've said it before and I'll say it again: until the clock hits 0.00 on a LeBron James team in an elimination game, I will never pick a team in the east to beat his in a 7 game playoff series.
I agree they are always favorites but to talk in definites especially this season?

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I don't put much weight into the Cavs' regular season.

When you look that bad over stretches and into game 1, you should. This is likely the only round they get home court advantage and they lose game 1. A loss tonight and they are in deep trouble.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Derozan had an outstanding game. Thought once Beal was out we'd win. DD has been outstanding this series but Ibaka has been horrendous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genuflexion

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Guy was driving well but sure pick stats to suit your argument. Had over 30 points so yea a very good game. Did you eve watch it or do you just box score watch?
picking stats? just the most important one. 8 shots in the final 7 minutes and makes 2. He said so himself his shot selection was poor. As long as he doesn't guarantee it will never happen again he should be fine this time.

The benches inexperience is starting to show. hopefully the next home game gets them back on track.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Guy was driving well but sure pick stats to suit your argument. Had over 30 points so yea a very good game. Did you eve watch it or do you just box score watch?
This was a good game. A +15 and not a -12. 50% from the floor, 3-4 from 3, and 5 for 6 from the line.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This team makes it too damn hard on themselves I swear..
This series is going 7 games. And then once Cleveland dispatches of Indiana, they will take care of the Raptors rather handily. I just don't see anything about this Raptors team that gives me confidence to say they'll beat LeBron James

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This series is going 7 games. And then once Cleveland dispatches of Indiana, they will take care of the Raptors rather handily. I just don't see anything about this Raptors team that gives me confidence to say they'll beat LeBron James

I'm not scared of the rest of that Cavs roster. And Ty Lue..... seriously, he might be the worst coach in the NBA.

Nance/Clarkson/Hood have been invisible. They're ghosts. Kyle Korver- you think he can sustain this?

George Hill has never won when it matters in the playoffs. Calderon is a playoff ghosts historically.

If you think this Cleveland team will beat them THAT handily..... they're struggling like hell to beat the Pacers. Cleveland is overvalued and overrated, literally basically SAVE US LEBRON

The Cavs are exhausting themselves to barely beat Indiana, and unless you think LeBron is superhuman, he can't keep up these 40+ minutes 35+ point games.

The non-LeBron Cavs should be afraid of Toronto. That roster outside LBJ is basically the Orlando Magic.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm not scared of the rest of that Cavs roster. And Ty Lue..... seriously, he might be the worst coach in the NBA.

Nance/Clarkson/Hood have been invisible. They're ghosts. Kyle Korver- you think he can sustain this?

George Hill has never won when it matters in the playoffs. Calderon is a playoff ghosts historically.

If you think this Cleveland team will beat them THAT handily..... they're struggling like hell to beat the Pacers. Cleveland is overvalued and overrated, literally basically SAVE US LEBRON

The Cavs are exhausting themselves to barely beat Indiana, and unless you think LeBron is superhuman, he can't keep up these 40+ minutes 35+ point games.

The non-LeBron Cavs should be afraid of Toronto. That roster outside LBJ is basically the Orlando Magic.
I think the Raps would of had trouble with Indiana too.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
So Raps are "same ol Raptors" but yet Cavs are barely winning their games and will destroy us? Outside of James, what do they have? Cavs have been pretty bad this year.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
This was a good game. A +15 and not a -12. 50% from the floor, 3-4 from 3, and 5 for 6 from the line.
Whether you want to fully admit it, he's been very good this series. Some of the others have disappointed. Ibaka was so bad in Washington.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Not sure what's going on but the Raps look nothing like the dominant team we saw in the last 6 months.

They should still have enough to make the ECF unless the players on Cleveland not named LeBron remember how to play basketball, but they don't look like contenders right now.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I always wondered why NBA didn’t give Raptors WNY territory so they have some US presence. Even with border it’s still a lot easier for Buffalonians to go to Raptors games,

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

And the Raptors are exhausting themselves to barely beat Washington. Which is worse? Exhausting yourself to beat a 5 seed, or exhausting yourself to beat an 8 seed?
So Raps are "same ol Raptors" but yet Cavs are barely winning their games and will destroy us? Outside of James, what do they have? Cavs have been pretty bad this year.
It doesn't matter about outside of James. All that matters IS James, because he's proven time and time again that he will beat the Raptors with little-to-no pushback. I expect the same dominance once again.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
And the Raptors are exhausting themselves to barely beat Washington. Which is worse? Exhausting yourself to beat a 5 seed, or exhausting yourself to beat an 8 seed?

It doesn't matter about outside of James. All that matters IS James, because he's proven time and time again that he will beat the Raptors with little-to-no pushback. I expect the same dominance once again.

Except Washington is a better team. Wall just missed half the year... they aren't a typical 8 seed.

Cavs are barely winning their home games.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Except Washington is a better team. Wall just missed half the year... they aren't a typical 8 seed.

Cavs are barely winning their home games.
Lol Washington is not a better team than Indiana.

Doesn't matter to me if the Cavs are barely winning their home games. The Raptors look the exact same this playoffs as they do every playoffs, and if they end up facing LeBron James he is going to eat them alive.

Raptors fans should be praying Indiana somehow comes back and beats Cleveland in 7.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Cavs are delusional if they think they can get away against better teams playing 1-on-5

LeBron can score 40 and it wouldn’t matter if nobody else on the Cavs shows up.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Lol Washington is not a better team than Indiana.

Doesn't matter to me if the Cavs are barely winning their home games. The Raptors look the exact same this playoffs as they do every playoffs, and if they end up facing LeBron James he is going to eat them alive.

Raptors fans should be praying Indiana somehow comes back and beats Cleveland in 7.
They finished 5 games ahead with Wall missing half the year.

Raps finished further ahead of Cavs and stand no chance.

#HFlogic

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad