Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Ottawa | Weekend at Eugene’s | Fri Jan 15 @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
First of two games in Ottawa this weekend. We play both Friday and Saturday night against the Senators.

This is a good chance to get off to a really good start to the year.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Campbell makes his season debut on Friday.

Perhaps Lehtonen gets in as well.

Reactions: supermann_98

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
With the Leafs looking at back to back and a 3 in 4 nights situation this weekend, Im hoping they arnt too wiped out.

On the other hand, more hockey played might mean they get their feet under them and get into sync a little more.

Who knows what Ottawa is bringing to the table this year. If Murray has a bounce back year, they could make some noise.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
With the Leafs looking at back to back and a 3 in 4 nights situation this weekend, Im hoping they arnt too wiped out.
Shouldn't be a factor this early on.

Sweeping Ottawa would put more distance between the Leafs and Ottawa and whatever other team(s) has a slow start. Every game means more in a shorter schedule, especially with no out-of-division games.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Considering it is 3 in 4, I think Andersen should play games 1 and 3. Meaning he'll start Friday and Campbell Saturday.

I'd like to see Lehtonen in for Holl. The hate for Bogo is intense, but he is the type of guy we need, have needed, desperately. He's not about speed, he is about bashing bodies, clearing the net front and chopping the puck into a million pieces. We have the speed and skill with the other guys when needed.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I dont think you are gonna many big shake ups in the roster after 1 game. Probably be mostly the same group other then the goalie I would think.

Reactions: Ciao

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Considering it is 3 in 4, I think Andersen should play games 1 and 3. Meaning he'll start Friday and Campbell Saturday.

I'd like to see Lehtonen in for Holl. The hate for Bogo is intense, but he is the type of guy we need, have needed, desperately. He's not about speed, he is about bashing bodies, clearing the net front and chopping the puck into a million pieces. We have the speed and skill with the other guys when needed.

We haven't had a d-man like Bogo since Mark Fraser.

Reactions: wingman75

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
We haven't had a d-man like Bogo since Mark Fraser.

Remember when Mark Fraser had his forehead busted by a puck.... Crazy

mark_fraser_xray.jpg

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The Sens should be much improved and are a legit squad this year. Leafs need to take them seriously every single game. Fortunately, we just hung 5 on Carey Price and supposedly the best defense in the division, so I'm not too worried. The boys have to show up and play hard both nights and they can win. Get the season off to a real strong start.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Campbell, Lehtonen and probably a change on the fourth line (likely Barabanov, outside chance for Spezza, not Simmonds) is what I'd expect for one of the games. That's not necessarily all to occur in the same game of course. Would be great to see them go on a bit of a run and delay that inevitable, first loss.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ottawa was a surprisingly tough matchup last year and I expect the same this year.

That being said 3 out of 4 points should come from this at minimum.

Reactions: therealkoho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad