Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs v Vancouver Canucks - Sat Feb 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Put it this way... the Nucks outshot the Habs badly yesterday... Nucks lost 5-2... if the Habs had better luck it would be more like 8 or 9 - 2.

I mean Pacioretty missed two penalty shots in one period and still had a hat-trick...

But.....we're the Leafs. Never underestimate our ability to lose in the most spectacular method imaginable.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
But.....we're the Leafs. Never underestimate our ability to lose in the most spectacular method imaginable.
Anyone who watched the effort put forth on Mats Sundin night at the ACC will never underestimate the Leafs ability to bum everybody out

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
On the day we witnessed the opening of the Olympics and the unification of a nation towards backing our athletes. Let's for a day put aside our need to attempt to counter the illogical hatred that Vancouver residents feel towards this city and instead hope for the success of all Canadian teams. When we have all failed for so many years; maybe it's time to change our focus of meaningless "hatred" towards our own. :laugh:

Good luck Vancouver; suck just a little more than we will!

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
That said, this is the perfect game for Vancouver to turn it around, but I really hope they don't. I hope they nose dive so far they're out of the playoff picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
If the Leafs who played the Panthers show up tomorrow Canucks will end their 6 game streak.

If the Leafs who played the Lightning show up the Canucks will be on a 7 game losing streak.

That's the only way to predict this game. Leafs are a real enigma lately.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
The Leafs are a skating team. We have to skate to be effective and for some reason it's hard for them to get going. If we could figure out how to start our flow earlier on we'd be even more successful.

There must be an answer to this issue.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
If the Leafs who played the Panthers show up tomorrow Canucks will end their 6 game streak.

If the Leafs who played the Lightning show up the Canucks will be on a 7 game losing streak.

That's the only way to predict this game. Leafs are a real enigma lately.

100% correct. The Leafs control their destiny and it's up to them if they step up or back down, they are more than capable of beating the Canucks 10-0 if they all decided that is what they wanted to do.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I wonder if Carlyle just flat out said "yeah, we're a rush team the end." if the Leafs would be even be more awesome :laugh:

cup67 - I hear you buddy! :thumbu:

I feel we're winning tomorrow - I don't want the game to be a blowout - I want the Leafs to start showing the eastern conference, we can also win close games [which we did in Tampa, against Tampa, and Ottawa. we can stay close - and then BOOM!]

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
I think we all why the Leafs come out lazy in the games

They haven't been drinking enough Red Bull

Cause we all know Red Bull gives you wings :sarcasm::naughty:

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I wonder if Carlyle just flat out said "yeah, we're a rush team the end." if the Leafs would be even be more awesome :laugh:

I feel we're winning tomorrow - I don't want the game to be a blowout - I want the Leafs to start showing the eastern conference, we can also win close games [which we did in Tampa, against Tampa, and Ottawa. we can stay close - and then BOOM!]
No I want it to be a blowout. The Canucks have never shown any mercy in the last 10 years. The close wins can wait till after the break.;)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

To be fair, you think we're going to win every game. :sarcasm:

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Were a much better team now.

Kessel, Jvr, Lupul, Kadri>Sedins, Kesler, Kassian

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

if we had bolland for the games he missed we would be 10 points better, that would put us ahead of boston behind pitts in 2nd:nod::)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Kick them when they're down. Lou will show up against us though so it won't be easy.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
No I want it to be a blowout. The Canucks have never shown any mercy in the last 10 years. The close wins can wait till after the break.;)

I want this to be a major blowout too. Just so that Mike Gillis can boil out his smugness for 17 days. Most likely will be another nail biter and whoever is calling the game on the CBC can point out the discrepancy in shots on goal every 45 seconds.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Why not? I'd love to see them thrash the Canucks 8-0 or something.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Were a much better team now.

Kessel, Jvr, Lupul, Kadri>Sedins, Kesler, Kassian

The teams are built much differently. The Leafs are all offense, the Canucks are all D.

Tanev,Bieksa,Hamhuis,Edler,Diaz,Garrison>>>>>Gardiner,Phaneuf,Franson,Rielly,Gleason,Gunnar

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
We have to win this game, Canucks fans hate us with a passion - don't want to give them a reason to smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad