GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Carolina Hurricanes | Sweethearts Ball | Feb 14, 1967 @ 7:00 pm

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Really the Storm Squad should just be ashamed of themselves. We're in the Bible Belt here, women here should know better than to wear such revealing clothing in public. People are trying to raise their kids to be pure and moral for crying out loud.

But what do you expect from such a garbage, classless, sinful franchise like the Carolina Hurricanes? :shakehead

JSYK, the above is sarcasm. I hope this makes idiots who take this way out of context feel better

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Well, this is the South. No one watches hockey here. I'll give 'em credit for flooding the State with it tho. Bringing down the Charlotte Checkers from Albany 3 years was a good start. This State would've really benefitted from having hockey here longer tho. Maybe a generation or two, you know, to kinda build a fan base. Could you imagine if the Checkers had been here since, I dunno, the 50's maybe? Then that'd have given people a chance to grow up with the sport and for their kids to do the same.

And that's just us, I mean, The Carolinas are Southern, but still the nice part, dunno how they'd ever grow the sport in the Deep South. Could you ever imagine for example, a pro hockey team in Atlanta outselling the Braves? Or even at the collegiate level, a Div. I hockey team in Alabama?

One can dream though I suppose...

Or if they had managed to do an outdoor game in some warm-weather environment - a marsh or a desert or something. But how ever would they have kept the ice frozen? I mean everybody knows the ice at NHL arenas and at the winter classic is all natural.

Really the Storm Squad should just be ashamed of themselves. We're in the Bible Belt here, women here should know better than to wear such revealing clothing in public. People are trying to raise their kids to be pure and moral for crying out loud.

But what do you expect from such a garbage, classless, sinful franchise like the Carolina Hurricanes? :shakehead

JSYK, the above is sarcasm. I hope this makes idiots who take this way out of context feel better

Absolutely. I think these would make a great template for new Storm Squad unis.

Burka.jpg

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You know what, on second thought, lets just get rid of the storm squad completely and send them to Las Vegas or something. I'm sure they will fit in there.

And lets be honest, the only reason we have these ice harlots is so men can oogle them. Do the owners of this garbage franchise not realize what part of the country we are in? We are supposed to be for God, country, and apple pie, not women, beer, and people who blow air horns.

What terrible people Jim Rutherford and Peter Karmanos are. We must preach to them the word of God so they will change their demon ways.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
You know what, on second thought, lets just get rid of the storm squad completely and send them to Las Vegas or something. I'm sure they will fit in there.

And lets be honest, the only reason we have these ice harlots is so men can oogle them. Do the owners of this garbage franchise not realize what part of the country we are in? We are supposed to be for God, country, and apple pie, not women, beer, and people who blow air horns.

What terrible people Jim Rutherford and Peter Karmanos are. We must preach to them the word of God so they will change their demon ways.

Or at least if they black boxed out their stomachs. So innocent kids on tv can't see. Why can't we be classy like in Canada?

We need less of this:

Hurricanes%20Storm%20Squad.jpg

And more of this:

Fat%20Hockey%20Fan.jpg

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Never thought I'd see Chad LaRose as a healthy scratch for the Hurricanes.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that LaRose was healthy scratch in the first days of Mo 2.0. Maybe two games. That really got my hopes up, not only to be vanquished, but smashed as he eventually became Eric Staal's winger.

But yeah, the scratch was a real head-scratcher. I get that they were preparing for a war against Toronto, but LaRose is the type of guy you go to war with. Bowman is not.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that LaRose was healthy scratch in the first days of Mo 2.0. Maybe two games. That really got my hopes up, not only to be vanquished, but smashed as he eventually became Eric Staal's winger.

You're not wrong. LaRose was a healthy scratch early in the Maurice era. He got diminished minutes, then was a scratch for a game or two. Maurice then put him back into the lineup, and said LaRose worked so hard in practice, it forced Maurice to put him back into the lineup. I expect the same here.

But yeah, the scratch was a real head-scratcher. I get that they were preparing for a war against Toronto, but LaRose is the type of guy you go to war with. Bowman is not.

I'm fairly certain the reason Bowman is still in Carolina is simply because JR doesn't want to admit failure. Boychuk, Dalpe and Bowman started the year in the Canes opening lineup, and sending all 3 away just shows a severe weakness in your forward depth.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm fairly certain the reason Bowman is still in Carolina is simply because JR doesn't want to admit failure. Boychuk, Dalpe and Bowman started the year in the Canes opening lineup, and sending all 3 away just shows a severe weakness in your forward depth.

I honestly think it's more related to size than some JR conspiracy. Muller has said he wants more size in the line-up and thus guys like Nodl, Bowman, Westgarth, and Wallace are favored over the likes of LaRose for certain games.

Yes, Westgarth can fight, but he's brutal out there. Even this game where people thought he played well, he lost to puck just skating with it a couple of times. Nodl is more physical and bigger than LaRose, and that's about it. Same goes for Bowman. I won't be surprised to see a rotating scratch for all those guys, along with LaRose as the season wears on.

Wallace OTOH, looks more effective than all of them and for now, he's earned his spot.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Yeah, I can't agree with BB's assertion that Bowman is in the lineup because of JR. I could see that Bowman is on the *roster* because of that, however (though I don't really know the dynamic between GM and coach).

My thought is that if Bowman is in the lineup purely because of JR's wishes, Boychuk would have played more than 1 game this year. I think JR would have strong-armed that into happening. I think Muller has autonomy over his lineup (as he should), and if Bowman is there, it's because Bowman is among the best options provided by JR, rather than because of some sort of lineup micro-managing by JR.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Yeah, I don't see how you can say that Bowman hasn't earned a spot in the lineup, he plays as hard and is just as productive as anybody else in the bottom 6, and he does mix it up physically. At this point, I'm not sure he should be on the third line, but then again, neither should any of the other guys.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Bowman is the risk averse choice of the lesser players battling for that spot. With the top two lines rolling, risk averse seems like the way to go. He also has been used on the penalty kill a bit, which Chad/Dalpe/Boychuk weren't.

Chad's only played 3:30 total shorthanded this year.

If anyone were doing anything, I think they could have the spot. That Wallace is up on the third for getting hit with a puck, and finishing some checks shows where the line is. (not that I dislike Wallaces play)

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Since you seem to have that stat on speed dial, what is Tim Brent's PK TOI so far this year?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
He's at 1:16 per game, which is 5th for forwards, behing JStaal, Dwyer, Jokinen and Tlusty.

Thanks. Hopefully whomever it was that made the preseason assertion that he was not, in fact, a PKer for this team is reading this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad