Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs at New York Rangers - February 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
What exactly is your problem with physicality in a PHYSICAL sport ffs?
Quite honestly, it's mind boggling..
Serious question- Fast obv needs to sit because even though he hits a lot and is sound defensively, he has too much skill. If McLeod and Glass are both LH, who plays RW next game??

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Sigh...this was such a horrible game to watch. I'm super used to this system being awful and the players sucking in it...but it genuinely looked like they couldn't give a cap tonight.

I miss torts.

Reactions: TheTakedown

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Well they are gonna have to get out of that top heavy atlantic with the Bruins and Lightning seemingly pretty stacked in the present and the future. We shall see once playoff time arrives.
I totally agree with you. Leafs work has just begun. They just climbed up high enough to get swatted down. That is my point about Leafs fans. They haven't even tasted legitimacy for so long. They are giddy with the possibility of not being a laughing stock.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Serious question- Fast obv needs to sit because even though he hits a lot and is sound defensively, he has too much skill. If McLeod and Glass are both LH, who plays RW next game??

That makes absolute zero sense to me.
Fast plays above either of them but at the same time, this team lays down against heavy teams.
They are by far the softest team in the league.
They have to incorporate some physicality some how.
Pure skill alone isn't enough to win.
There's other very IMPORTANT elements to the game.
Physicality is just one of them..

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
That makes absolute zero sense to me.
Fast plays above either of them but at the same time, this team lays down against heavy teams.
They are by far the softest team in the league.
They have to incorporate some physicality some how.
Pure skill alone isn't enough to win.
There's other very IMPORTANT elements to the game.
Physicality is just one of them..
"pure skill isn't enough to win"

Neither is pure physicality. If a player doesn't have skill, he shouldn't be on the ice.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Sigh...this was such a horrible game to watch. I'm super used to this system being awful and the players sucking in it...but it genuinely looked like they couldn't give a cap tonight.

I miss torts.

We all won with Torts.

We had decent corsi against and the MOAR FIGHTZ crowd liked it too.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
"pure skill isn't enough to win"

Neither is pure physicality. If a player doesn't have skill, he shouldn't be on the ice.

I half agree with that.
There has to be some form of physical play.
Whether is be in the blue paint on either side of the ice, laying some hits on their D to wear them down.
It's all relative in a winning formula..

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Coach is trash system sucks players gave up on this guy. lets just move on from the coach and a few of these players to set us up later on

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

This is the purest form of Alain Vigneault. Cody McLeod, chewing lozenges, analyzing hockey games with "getting looks".

It's like Frieza's final form, except it sucks, and I watched it zero times instead of watching it 50 times.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I half agree with that.
There has to be some form of physical play.
Whether is be in the blue paint on either side of the ice, laying some hits on their D to wear them down.
It's all relative in a winning formula..
So you say there shouldn't be purely skill players. OK. But McLeod is a purely physical player. Yes, its a sport, and sports are physical, but they also REQUIRE skill. We don't get points for fights, we get points for goals. McLeod is a detriment to every line we put out, and our overall ability to win a game in today's fast, skill-driven, but still physical sport. You want to get more physical? Go find more Fasts. You want to lose games? Play McLeod on the first line.

Reactions: Siddi

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
giphy.gif
Ill repost this till its banned.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I have new for you all.
As much as I'd like too, firing AV isn't going to change a damn thing right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad