Confirmed with Link: Toronto Maple Leafs announce elevations and additions to the player development department

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So they just wanted Wickenheiser and Goyette instead of Pellerin and Robidas.

Only one position was really cut: Wickenheiser's old role as assistant director.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Hayley Wickenheiser has got to be one of the most accomplished Canadians in the history of our Country. Dominated the women's game for over 2 decades, and is now excelling in her post career in medicine. Pretty remarkable what she has been able to do all while being a mother. Can never have too many people like her in an organization :thumbu:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hayley Wickenheiser has got to be one of the most accomplished Canadians in the history of our Country. Dominated the women's game for over 2 decades, and is now excelling in her post career in medicine. Pretty remarkable what she has been able to do all while being a mother. Can never have too many people like her in an organization :thumbu:

Pretty damn good role model I gotta say. Congrats to her.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How are the Leafs player developing

• Truculence
  • Testosterone
  • Belligerence
  • Pugnacity
Is this why the Leafs are "soft"?

:laugh:

P.S. Congrats to Wickenheiser!!! That is freakin' impressive. Hockey legend and then med school and successfully completing the med school. She has done what pretty much everybody on this planet should be doing. Making the life mean something and contribute to the society before out time is up. Well done!!!!!!!!!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So they just wanted Wickenheiser and Goyette instead of Pellerin and Robidas.

Only one position was really cut: Wickenheiser's old role as assistant director.

Seems like a good upgrade. Wickenheiser and Goyette are among the elite of the elite from their playing careers and have a ton of respect in the game.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I can only think of Dr. Mark Recchi off the top of my head.
forgot about that one...
SEDIDIDID.jpg

Macman

May 15, 2004
I'm puzzled by the Belfry announcement. Wasn't he free to work before with any team/players? Does this mean he's now exclusive to the Leafs only?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm puzzled by the Belfry announcement. Wasn't he free to work before with any team/players? Does this mean he's now exclusive to the Leafs only?

Isn’t it a good thing we cornered the market on him?

Macman

May 15, 2004
Isn’t it a good thing we cornered the market on him?

Have we? That's what I'm asking. The release says Belfry's company works "with clients across hockey." Is that still the case or is this an exclusive arrangement now.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Have we? That's what I'm asking. The release says Belfry's company works "with clients across hockey." Is that still the case or is this an exclusive arrangement now.

It sounded to me like Leafs take the lions share of Belfry's own time, plus we have resources from his agency involved in our skills development.

His agency likely has resources that also service other clients.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I doubt it he has Tavares, Seguin, McJesus as current customers and many more .. why would he give up those relationships/$$$????? .. I could see why Tavares wanted him to help out more Leafs makes complete sense .. and one of my kids went to 3 on ice lessons with him on puck control and it costs me 2K plus ice costs.. the guy is not cheap and he is booked .. unless Leafs opened up da vault I can't see it

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Is Wickenheiser a full-time employee now? I know she was basically part-time while getting her doctorate.

It's also kind of funny that the CBA banned us from sub-contracting guys like Belfry in the off-season, so we just hired him as a full-time employee.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I know Barb Underhill works with the Lightning too so I don’t know what the typical arrangement is with skills coaches but if he’s a hit with the players and we make him a Leaf exclusive that’s a win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad