Pre-Game Talk: Toronto in Arizona | November 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hoping for a loss here for the first time since 2016. The season is still salvageable, but not with Babcock.
I don't like cheering against the team I love, but have to do it.
BTW, maybe it wasn't you, but weren't you defending Babcock a lot recently, what happened? I'm not calling you out or anything, but curious.

Reactions: Curt

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Same forward lines as expected aside from Tavares' personal day, and the defence the same to start last game. He went back to the old pairings in the middle of the game, you know the ones when the team went on this horrible stretch, but hey why change something when it's not working.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I'll find it once I have access to my phone, but stats show tomorrow will be especially difficult.

Teams have a HORRIBLE record in the game after playing in Vegas....like shockingly horrible. Leafs have their work cut out for them.

Will post the exact (or exact as of a few weeks ago) record when I can.

Calgary continued the trend last night.

I wonder why teams do worse after having visited Vegas :sarcasm:

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Hoping for a loss here for the first time since 2016. The season is still salvageable, but not with Babcock.

One more blowout, and a loss on Saturday, then management has to fire him but that should have happened a long time ago.

Is hoping for a loss in order to have our gm removed any different then hoping we lose in order to have babs fired?

Just curious.

For me personally, I cant bring myself to hoping for a loss, even though I really dislike dubas.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't like cheering against the team I love, but have to do it.
BTW, maybe it wasn't you, but weren't you defending Babcock a lot recently, what happened? I'm not calling you out or anything, but curious.

Hmmmm... I think you might be mistaken. I've been especially critical of him since game 7 last year, and have wanted him fired since the second or third week of this season.

When there was that quote about how he "always bets on Mike Babcock", I said I didn't have any problem with with it, if that's what you mean.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
They are going to smother us. This is going to be a must miss game, IMO. Arizona plays such boring hockey and we are struggling.

You clearly haven’t watched AZ this year. They’re fast as hell and have one of the most aggressive forechecks in the league. Being aggressive and speed is basically what they are built for.

The only time they slow down and play “boring” is when they are just finishing the game out or have a good lead which every team does. They play great defense as well which I suppose can seem boring if your team is the team not able to create chances.

I think Matthews is going to pot a few, though.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You clearly haven’t watched AZ this year. They’re fast as hell and have one of the most aggressive forechecks in the league. Being aggressive and speed is basically what they are built for.

The only time they slow down and play “boring” is when they are just finishing the game out or have a good lead which every team does. They play great defense as well which I suppose can seem boring if your team is the team not able to create chances.

I think Matthews is going to pot a few, though.

Ok, I stand corrected then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad