Toronto and Montreal Hosting WJC's 2015 and 2017

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Hockey Canada simultaneous news conferences tomorrow in TOR and MTL to announce they're sharing both 2015 and 2017 World Jr. Championships.

MTL will host preliminary round and TOR the medal round in 2015. Then it reverses in 2017 with MTL getting medal round and TOR preliminary.

Yay!!!! Two cities who don't give a **** about junior hockey get to host the biggest tournament!!! Whoooo!!! And 90% of the people who attend won't have a clue about what junior hockey is or that it exists outside of the 10 days at Christmas!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Yay!!!! Two cities who don't give a **** about junior hockey get to host the biggest tournament!!! Whoooo!!! And 90% of the people who attend won't have a clue about what junior hockey is or that it exists outside of the 10 days at Christmas!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least there is enough people just outside of GTA that will fill the ACC. People will flock from Kitchener or London to go to the WJC, and then they can fill a 19,000 + building instead of a 6,000 - 9,000 seat bulding. If ticket prices are reasonable I know I'd be looking to get tickets in both years.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Hopefully junior hockey fans will be able to get tickets, after the corporate people who buy them because it's the place to be seen that week are through.

The one thing we don't have to worry about is season ticketholders from either city, unless the Habs/Leafs season ticketholders get first shot.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Quebec city really wanted one of those 2 in their new building guess the bell buddies decided to team up to shut them down

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I can never remember - The 2015 WJC is the one that starts on Boxing Day, 2014 and spills over into 2015, right?

I'd definitely give strong consideration to going to Montréal for a Slovakia game.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I can never remember - The 2015 WJC is the one that starts on Boxing Day, 2014 and spills over into 2015, right?

I'd definitely give strong consideration to going to Montréal for a Slovakia game.

Yes, so this is next years and two years from now tournaments they are talking about.

This years tournament is in Malmo, Sweden.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Welp, thanks for keeping junior hockey going strong, fans. Go **** yourselves if you want tickets though.

http://sports.ca.msn.com/top-stories/montreal-and-toronto-to-host-world-juniors-1

But Nicholson doesn't just want sold out games. He wants the seats to be filled with fans. They hope to find a ticket sales system that will ensure maximum attendance, although the NHL clubs' season ticket holders will have to be appeased.

This will mark the 11th and 12th times Canada has hosted the tournament, which starts around Christmas.

While it was once held in smaller centres known for supporting junior hockey, the trend in recent years is to boost revenue by staging it in bigger cities. Nicholson expects that to continue, but said pre-tournament games will be held in major junior arenas.

Mr. Nicholson, with all due respect, kiss my ass. I won't pay for another ticket to a pre-tournament game again.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
While it was once held in smaller centres known for supporting junior hockey, the trend in recent years is to boost revenue by staging it in bigger cities. Nicholson expects that to continue, but said pre-tournament games will be held in major junior arenas.

Mr. Nicholson, with all due respect, kiss my ass. I won't pay for another ticket to a pre-tournament game again.

Wait, what's this? They're having exhibition games at assorted major junior arenas? Who do I talk to about getting a Slovakia game in Hull? :yo:

Also, when it was in Ottawa, they had Pool A at Scotiabank Place, and Pool B at the Civic Centre. Are they planning to have it all at the Bell Centre, or are they going to have Pool A at the Bell Centre and Pool B at the Verdun Auditorium/Maurice Richard Arena?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
So I was hoping to attend a couple games in Toronto and decided to look at tickets online and **** they're $600+. I thought I'd be able to attend one of these but that's even more expensive than Leafs tickets, think I'll stick to $14-18 OHL hockey tickets as a student.

ToewsGretzky*

Mar 10, 2014
Algonquin Park
World Juniors should always be held in Canada, its obvious that when its in Europe the crowds aren't as loud and the arenas aren't always sold out, Canada has mastered the art of hosting this tournament and it will be nice to see the boys back at home home. Our juniors are ripe for a gold medal this time around, seeing that these kids all play in the CHL with the same ice size it will give us an advantage. I really doubt Canada doesn't win a gold in either 2015 or 2017 at home, they'll have that extra push this time around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad