Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
Marner for Laine and Marchenko

since toronto hates Marner i would gladly take him LOL
1714043659086.png

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He might waive to leave but it certainly wont be for a bottom team. He will dictate to where or he waits until next summer and picks his team.

Columbus has a lot of young good kids, and I doubt Marner will find a lot of teams willing to get his contract. Or if they willing then Toronto isn't. Marchenko and Laine on the other hand is a solid return.

Reactions: Cheddarcheese

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Columbus has a lot of young good kids, and I doubt Marner will find a lot of teams willing to get his contract. Or if they willing then Toronto isn't. Marchenko and Laine on the other hand is a solid return.
I think you are missing the point.

The Leafs cant just do what they want. He has a full NMC and can decide his own future. He can just ride it out with The Leafs 1 more season and sign anywhere he wants.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
I think you are missing the point.

The Leafs cant just do what they want. He has a full NMC and can decide his own future. He can just ride it out with The Leafs 1 more season and sign anywhere he wants.
i understand what your saying but like any work place when your not wanted or liked you don't want to be there. i dont see this being any different

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Even if he were to waive his NMC (which is never going to happen so I don't know why we have to keep having this conversation regardless of target team), why would Columbus cut its rebuild off at the knees for either a rental or the opportunity to spend 13 million dollars on a winger who vanishes every April? The GM who offer-sheeted him years ago is gone. The league is extremely different than it was then. I'm sorry Dubas screwed you guys over by giving Marner that contract, but that's not any other team's problem.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
Even if he were to waive his NMC (which is never going to happen so I don't know why we have to keep having this conversation regardless of target team), why would Columbus cut its rebuild off at the knees for either a rental or the opportunity to spend 13 million dollars on a winger who vanishes every April? The GM who offer-sheeted him years ago is gone. The league is extremely different than it was then. I'm sorry Dubas screwed you guys over by giving Marner that contract, but that's not any other team's problem.
i get what your saying. bottom line imo Blue jackets have too many talented prospect imo this helps
free up cap space in the long run marchenko is amazing and is due for a good pay raise ( 4-6m? ) Liane still has 2 years at 8.7

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If they are trading Marner to CBJ with an extension. Jiricek would have to be coming back. Doubt he extends there but who knows. JG did.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Marner was the sort of guy we need, Toronto would consider any suggestion whatsoever of trading him the worst kind of heresy. Thanks but no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad