Torey Krug

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I try to search, but didn't see topic under Krug.

I was observing Blues d-core and notice Krug's awful +/- stats, -25. 2nd worse was Faulk with -7.

Torey still has 3 season after this one with 6.5mill.$ AAV. NTC.

I havent watch his game so eye test is zero, but doesnt look good and +/- doesnt tell that much of it.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Krug+Faulk=Bad
Krug+Kessel=Passable

Faulk+Krug=Bad
Faulk+Peru=Passable-ish

Keep them away from each other if you want to see them succeed. Luckily Bannister actually somewhat understands this.

Reactions: Ranksu and Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i still standby and firmly believe this will be Armstrong's first buyout. He is untradeable as last summer showed.

This contract, Schenn's, Kyrou's and Binner's (to a lesser extent) are why this team sucks.

Reactions: Ranksu

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
i still standby and firmly believe this will be Armstrong's first buyout. He is untradeable as last summer showed.

This contract, Schenn's, Kyrou's and Binner's (to a lesser extent) are why this team sucks.
Binner's contract is solid. He is single handedly keeping this team above water this season. Not much to disagree about the rest. I still don't see DA buying out Krug. He'll find a deal and get him to agree to the move.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Krug+Faulk=Bad
Krug+Kessel=Passable

Faulk+Krug=Bad
Faulk+Peru=Passable-ish

Keep them away from each other if you want to see them succeed. Luckily Bannister actually somewhat understands this.
Small sample, but Perunovich - Faulk is our only D pair with a positive xG share according to Moneypuck at 52.1%.

Reactions: Ranksu

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I made a post a while ago on the trade forum, but I'll also ask the queston here:

What do we think of swapping Krug's bad contract for another bad contract, preferably a forward?

I am mainly thinking of, potentially, targetting a forward who could be an addition to the third (or maybe even 2nd) line in terms of play (but is paid too much). The reasoning is that it probably does less harm to the team to bury a forward somewhere in the lineup than Krug on defense. I'm mostly looking at forwards with at most 3 years term left on their contract as that fits our rebuil...ehhh.... retooling timeline.

Some names that pop up:
Ryan Johansen PHI, 4000000 1 more season (already 50% retained)
Anders Lee NYI, 7000000 2 more seasons (M-NTC next season)
Alex Killorn ANA, 6250000 3 more seasons (NTC next season)
Josh Anderson MON, 5500000 3 more seasons (M-NTC next season)
Logan Couture SJS, 8000000 3 more seasons (M-NTC next season) (serious injury concerns)
Ondrej Palat NJD, 6000000 3 more seasons (NMC next season)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau NYI, 5000000 2 more seasons (M-NTC next season)

For comparison, Krug's cap is 6500000 for 3 more seasons. He has a NTC next season and a M-NTC from the 25/26 season. His actual salary next season is 8500000 though, which could be problematic.

• Couture is a tough one. He's injured and who knows if he will ever come back at a decent level. Eventhough he has the most 'boom-potential', his contract is probably too much of a risk. Could end up at Robidas Island very quickly.
  • Johansen is interesting as he has only one year left at a 4 million deal, but a deal is VERY unlikely as Krug already nixed a deal to Philly.
  • Anderson is questionable as it isn't unlikely Krug will nix a deal to a Canadian team.

Pageau seems like the most interesting player of this list (apart from Johansen) as the Islanders have problems on LHD, he has 1 year less term and costs 1.5 million less. His M-NTC contains half the NHL though. I also think it's questionable if his contract is 'bad enough' in comparison to Krug's contract.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019

I doubt the Blues buy anyone out. This organization simply cant afford buyout a player.
Krug is capable of being traded, as last summer showed. However the fact that Krug didnt want to up root his family, with a new born was the deciding factor as why he used his NTC.
I cant see any reason, that any of the UFA's and Peru will be resigned. Blais, Kappy, Vrana, Peru, Scandy, etc will be hitting the road.

If Kyrou played every night like he has done the last 2-3 games, that contract doesnt look bad.

Playoffs or no playoffs Army is going to put in some work this summer.
Said it before, along with the names above, I think we see at least 3-4 roster players traded this summer.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I doubt the Blues buy anyone out. This organization simply cant afford buyout a player.
Krug is capable of being traded, as last summer showed. However the fact that Krug didnt want to up root his family, with a new born was the deciding factor as why he used his NTC.
I cant see any reason, that any of the UFA's and Peru will be resigned. Blais, Kappy, Vrana, Peru, Scandy, etc will be hitting the road.

If Kyrou played every night like he has done the last 2-3 games, that contract doesnt look bad.

Said it before, along with the names above, I think we see at least 3-4 roster players traded this summer.
I can't see 3-4 players being moved. I don't see Thomas, Neighbours, Parayko, Hofer or Binnington being moved. Saad, Leddy, and Hayes seem unlikely unless we think Dvorsky or Lindstein are ready. I don't forsee any market for Schenn. I don't see Kyrou getting moved until the 2025 Draft right before his NTC activates.

Only 3 players I can truly see being moved this off season is Buch, Krug, or Faulk. And that's only if Buch tells Army he's not resigning. And Krug and Faulk feel like an either or scenario.

Reactions: LGB

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

yeah well if he played like that everynight, berube would still be our coach.

he is who he is. i dont blame him at all for signing that contract, thats all on little dougie armstrong once again making a idiotic overpayment on a player who hasnt proven hes consistently worthy of that contract. thought he learned his lesson after lehtera and chris stewart debacles but here we are.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
yeah well if he played like that everynight, berube would still be our coach.

he is who he is. i dont blame him at all for signing that contract, thats all on little dougie armstrong once again making a idiotic overpayment on a player who hasnt proven hes consistently worthy of that contract. thought he learned his lesson after lehtera and chris stewart debacles but here we are.
You really should be posting at the asylum with thoughts like these.
I am curious what the benchmark for being “consistently worthy” is.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
I can't see 3-4 players being moved. I don't see Thomas, Neighbours, Parayko, Hofer or Binnington being moved. Saad, Leddy, and Hayes seem unlikely unless we think Dvorsky or Lindstein are ready. I don't forsee any market for Schenn. I don't see Kyrou getting moved until the 2025 Draft right before his NTC activates.

Only 3 players I can truly see being moved this off season is Buch, Krug, or Faulk. And that's only if Buch tells Army he's not resigning. And Krug and Faulk feel like an either or scenario.
IMO either Buch or Kyrou is moved, not both. With the right trade partner you would likely to land a top pairing defensemen.

I think 1 of Leddy, Faulk, and Krug will be moved, possibly 2.
I wouldnt be surprised if either Saad or Hayes are moved, however those are leaders off the ice, and its been mentioned that they both love STL.

Guys like Torp, Alexandrov, maybe Tucker, Peru, unless he is a G6, could potentially be thrown in to a deal to make roster numbers work.
You need to rebuild the top 4 D, and you have to put together a 2nd line. If there is any way you can roll into next season with a bottom 6 of:
Bolduc/Schenn/Saad
Sunny/Hayes/Torp

We could be in good shape, however that is going to require some of the prospects to step up and play alongside, Thomas (One of Buch/Kyrou) Neighbours.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
You really should be posting at the asylum with thoughts like these.
I am curious what the benchmark for being “consistently worthy” is.
not one season of production when going against teams 2nd/3rd lines and 2nd PK units

Cryrou is not a winner and not someone who will ever be a key cog in a winning team.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
not one season of production when going against teams 2nd/3rd lines and 2nd PK units

Cryrou is not a winner and not someone who will ever be a key cog in a winning team.
Two seasons over 70 points while playin top six minutes and frequently on the first line. Led the Gold Medal winning Canada World Juniors team in points and was tied for second in the whole tournament. But hey, why let facts stand in your way.

Dizee…absolutely.

Reactions: Blueston

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
IMO either Buch or Kyrou is moved, not both. With the right trade partner you would likely to land a top pairing defensemen.

I think 1 of Leddy, Faulk, and Krug will be moved, possibly 2.
I wouldnt be surprised if either Saad or Hayes are moved, however those are leaders off the ice, and its been mentioned that they both love STL.

Guys like Torp, Alexandrov, maybe Tucker, Peru, unless he is a G6, could potentially be thrown in to a deal to make roster numbers work.
You need to rebuild the top 4 D, and you have to put together a 2nd line. If there is any way you can roll into next season with a bottom 6 of:
Bolduc/Schenn/Saad
Sunny/Hayes/Torp

We could be in good shape, however that is going to require some of the prospects to step up and play alongside, Thomas (One of Buch/Kyrou) Neighbours.
we are 25th in 5v5 goals for, we are 13th in 5v5 goals against and people want to move out players with offensive ability?

• Wow

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Two seasons over 70 points while playin top six minutes and frequently on the first line. Led the Gold Medal winning Canada World Juniors team in points and was tied for second in the whole tournament. But hey, why let facts stand in your way.

Dizee…absolutely.
who cares about junior stats. if thats the case, we should have gave petr sejna a monster contract for his college numbers. Cryrou is a floater who only put up decent numbers because ROR/91/57 were the ones sheltering him and going against teams tops lines which allowed Cryrou to go against teams 2nd and 3rd lines and d pairings.

now he gets matched against teams best players and hes a 25 goal a year floater.

as i said, ANOTHER dumb move in the same territory as Lehtera and chris stewarts.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
who cares about junior stats. if thats the case, we should have gave petr sejna a monster contract for his college numbers. Cryrou is a floater who only put up decent numbers because ROR/91/57 were the ones sheltering him and going against teams tops lines which allowed Cryrou to go against teams 2nd and 3rd lines and d pairings.

now he gets matched against teams best players and hes a 25 goal a year floater.

as i said, ANOTHER dumb move in the same territory as Lehtera and chris stewarts.
Can you move the goalposts again? You said he would never be a key cog on a winning team. Now you add a caveat.

I think the best part is you claiming Kyrou never put up numbers because he didn’t go up against other teams top lines. Guess what, most teams don’t play their top line vs the other teams scorers.

You really should post at the asylum…you’d fit in very well.

Reactions: stl76

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
we are 25th in 5v5 goals for, we are 13th in 5v5 goals against and people want to move out players with offensive ability?
Kyrou sits at 31st in the league with 16 5V5 Goals, Neighbours and Saad both have 15 each.

Kyrou was dropped to the 4th line against Ottawa for multiple shifts....that really tells you all you need to know about what Banister thinks of his play.

The Blues are allowing the 7th most shot against in the league. Hofer and Binny have combined for the 7th highest Team SV%.
The defense is getting bailed out by Hofer and Binny.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Kyrou sits at 31st in the league with 16 5V5 Goals, Neighbours and Saad both have 15 each.

Kyrou was dropped to the 4th line against Ottawa for multiple shifts....that really tells you all you need to know about what Banister thinks of his play.

The Blues are allowing the 7th most shot against in the league. Hofer and Binny have combined for the 7th highest Team SV%.
The defense is getting bailed out by Hofer and Binny.
Kyrou played them a couple times because they were coming off of PKs and are getting the PKers rest.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Kyrou played them a couple times because they were coming off of PKs and are getting the PKers rest.
I dont want to get this clouded with another ongoing argument over Kyrou. I do not mind Kyrou, I am not the biggest fan of the guy, however I would not be opposed to trading him for a top pairing defensemen, and resigning Buch. At the same time I wouldnt mind trading Buch for a top pairing defensemen and keeping Kyrou.
I have been on the other side of this argument, when Tarasenko was here. The guy got the shaft all time time about being a floater, however the dude went hard into corners and played +two way hockey.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I dont want to get this clouded with another ongoing argument over Kyrou. I do not mind Kyrou, I am not the biggest fan of the guy, however I would not be opposed to trading him for a top pairing defensemen, and resigning Buch. At the same time I wouldnt mind trading Buch for a top pairing defensemen and keeping Kyrou.
I have been on the other side of this argument, when Tarasenko was here. The guy got the shaft all time time about being a floater, however the dude went hard into corners and played +two way hockey.
You made the comment "Kyrou was dropped to the 4th line against Ottawa for multiple shifts....that really tells you all you need to know about what Banister thinks of his play." I gave you the reasoning because the information you were giving was incorrect. He was not being dropped down to the 4th line because of how Bannister feels about his play he did it to give PKers rest.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
1711119100282.png

If you're going to try and dunk on a guy, at least do it with factual information

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
seriosuly? he was untradeable because he exercised his NTC.
No shit. He's untradeable because the only teams willing to take on that cap space are teams he won't accept trades to. Thus he will be bought out since he's untradeable.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
No shit. He's untradeable because the only teams willing to take on that cap space are teams he won't accept trades to. Thus he will be bought out since he's untradeable.
It was pretty clear he didnt accept the trade because he didnt want to move his new born child.

No freaking way am I moving my new born and wife to a new town, in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad