Rumor: Torey Krug’s rights to be traded by tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I wish Montreal went after him and not useless Edmundson.

I’m sure we could have convinced Krug to give us a chance and play with his great bud, Jeff Petry. Montreal just made too much sense, considering he’s exactly the defenseman we’ve been longing for...

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Does Krug want crazy term or $$$...Seems like the Team has never even tried to engaged in an extension with him, very odd for a team lacking point producing D

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Boston should keep him. Their PP is a huge part of their success, and they have a good cap situation anyway
Yeah it feels weird to me too. They aren't exactly the deepest team in the league and Krug is a proven force on the PP. I get not wanting to pay for a player who is going to start declining but Krug is the type of vet that will still be useful even 5 years down the road on a contender.

Reactions: Magnifico

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I wish Montreal went after him and not useless Edmundson.

I’m sure we could have convinced Krug to give us a chance and play with his great bud, Jeff Petry. Montreal just made too much sense, considering he’s exactly the defenseman we’ve been longing for...

He was never a fit here, Krug is effective because Boston used him to his strengths. He makes a deep d core into a really good one, we couldn't have given him the 76% ozone starts that Boston did. Whoever ends up with him will no doubt get their worth from it, Montreal was not that team.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I wonder what his rights are worth? A third? Which ever team trades for his rights likely has a lot of confidence they will sign him. It has to be a team that can pay him what he wants. I’m saying Krug is a Wing soon.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
As a B's fan, it will be sad to see Torey go, but it makes sense. Bruins need the cap space to spend on building a real second line, and they have a surplus of left shot defensemen in the system. While Krug's offensive production will be missed, I think there will be other possible ripples. I think getting Carlo a more defensively sound partner will unlock more of his offensive potential, instead of him having to always cover for Krug.

Reactions: Richard Lather

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hope not Vegas.

Still holding on to the extremely small chance that Petro makes it to free agency and signs with the Knights. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad