Post-Game Talk: TOR @ WSH | 10/16/19 | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Maybe we can play Samsonov next game. Like, no controversy... Holtby is still #1, no two ways about it. Nothing to see here. We just play Samsonov.
It's a little bit late for that. Holtby's poor play the last season plus, being a UFA next summer, and Samsonov being a stud significantly outplaying him........

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
It's a little bit late for that. Holtby's poor play the last season plus, being a UFA next summer, and Samsonov being a stud significantly outplaying him........

I would not go that far. He is outplaying Holtby but he has let in some weak goals and his rebound control and positioning have been poor at times.

Reactions: maacoshark

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I would not go that far. He is outplaying Holtby but he has let in some weak goals and his rebound control and positioning have been poor at times.
.933 versus .846 speaks for itself. It's extremely early but Samsonov has clearly been the better goaltender so far. Obviously the cup run was great, but Holtby has been down the last two regular seasons and hasn't looked good at all this year. It isn't that difficult to see where things are headed sooner or later.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The save on Marner at the end of the 2nd period where Sammie was kind of handcuffed and he gloves it and barely reacted reminded me of when that guy on Boston fake tomahawk chops Holtby’s pads and he doesn’t react, just ice cold

Rich Peverly. This Gif spawned so much love in the photoshop thread... classic.

tumblr_m32gmeQ0Uy1qk53ir.gif

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This game means little beyond the two points but you take it . Leafs backup in net, Leafs on second half of back to back, etc. Still love that they guys didn't hang their heads, against the Avs or the Leafs, after getting down early.

Samsonov, started three games, won three games. Not bad for the kid.

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think sample size after 8 games is much better (than after 7 games), Holtby to Calgary E5.

Good to see Vrana and Kuzy score.

Richard Panik's face is still not in best shape like he expected to score more.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
We have two defenseman in the AHL that are better than Lewington and Siege but we can't call them up because we have no cap space.

Being so tight against the cap was a mistake that you could have seen a mile away.

Mistakes are to be estimated in Spring, not now. Caps have depth for deep run if it's needed. Not sure more points in October is worth more than depth in May.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ok...which is it? Was the Caps OTL to Carolina as the 2nd of a back to back and 3rd game in 4 nights a schedule loss and last night a schedule win or is playing tired not a disadvantage?

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I really like Leipsic. Leipsic and Hathaway look like homerun signings.

The knock on Leipsic from other fans on the forum has been that he makes amazing moves and then fails to finish.

With that in mind, I'm not sure he's broken that pattern with his 2 points in 8 games as a Cap.

Agree, he does look great out there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad