Confirmed with Link: [TOR/VAN] Josh Leivo for Michael Carcone

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Haha, for Carcone. Thanks smiles, you're the best GM wonderboy ever. I would have taken a 6th over that.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think this makes sense tbh. While he's better than Holl, Leivo isn't exactly great, but we have all kinds of depth available for forwards, I think having guys like Marincin/Holl for an area, like D, where we're thinner is more important. Our only real minor leaguers who might be capable of coming up in a pinch are Liljegren & Sandin and I'm of the mindset you probably don't want to be put in a position where you have to call up either one. Our forwards in the AHL are more experienced to be fill ins.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
F babcock

Leivo is a good player, and better than a bunch of our forwards.

A good player who just never got a shot.

What's your over / under for his points in Vancouver?

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Would have preferred a draft pick. Glad Leivo is going to get a shot elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a 20 goal guy. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't waive a guy like Goat or Holl instead.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Suppose it's the difference between getting a return versus the potential of losing a player to waivers for nothing. Of course, we've also now taken a player out of the lineup with the trade. Not a big deal either way, even if it wasn't the path I thought they'd choose.
Marincin has already cleared waivers last year, I fail to see how his value has increased? Anyways, see you Josh!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I guess the Marlies are getting stronger now with Klimchuk and Carcone in the mix. Dubas and Gilman helping out Keefe a little.

They better hope Kaskikuo bounces back.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Thing that sucks about this too is that Leivo was probably pumped as hell Saturday that we re-signed Nylander :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad