Confirmed with Link: TOR signs Nic Aube-Kubel 1x$1M

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Yeah,, the Leafs need to blow it up because they were 1 goal away from beating Tampa, who just lost Palat and McDonagh.

I mean.....come on. All they literally have to do is run it back and they are ahead of what their competitors could do.

We didn’t have the cap space to run it back.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Everyone getting so cocky that this team will just automatically replicate last seasons results, when in reality we had a very lucky season when it came to key players avoiding lengthy injuries, an elite PK that got worse today losing Mikheyev and Blackwell. Bringing in Aube Kubel, who I do like as a fourth line guy, and Gaudette means we’ve gotten significantly worse. Now we have two goalies with huge question marks. I think we’ll be in a battle for a wildcard spot and I wouldn’t be shocked if we’re on the outside looking in. Detroit may be a better team, or very close to one now with their additions. Dubas has handcuffed this team and he’s stuck trying to place bandaids on the roster. Our right side on D is absolutely thin as can be too. I just don’t understand everyone whose dead serious that this team is guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto

Fire these clowns now. I'm done with these guys with the piss poor cap management. We needed a second line LW because our Captain happens to be a passenger and can't carry a line anymore and we had legit options had we created cap room. Perron goes for 4.5 million.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Everyone getting so cocky that this team will just automatically replicate last seasons results, when in reality we had a very lucky season when it came to key players avoiding lengthy injuries,

Injuries

Campbell ~25gms
Mrazek ~40gms

Muzzin 35gms
Sandin 30gms

Matthews 10gms
Marner 10gms

Mikheyev 30gms
Kase 30gms

an elite PK that got worse today losing Mikheyev and Blackwell.

SH TOI

1. Kampf 2:29
2. Marner 1:59

3. Kerfoot 1:43
4. Mikheyev 1:23

5. Kase 1:15
6. Engvall 0:57

7. Blackwell 0:38

Playoffs

1. Kampf 3:46
2. Marner 3:12

3. Kerfoot 2:21
4. Mikheyev 2:11

5. Kase 1:14
6. Engvall 0:59

7. Blackwell 0:14
8. Nylander 0:07

Bringing in Aube Kubel, who I do like as a fourth line guy, and Gaudette means we’ve gotten significantly worse. Now we have two goalies with huge question marks.

We had two goalies with huge question marks last year too.

I think we’ll be in a battle for a wildcard spot and I wouldn’t be shocked if we’re on the outside looking in. Detroit may be a better team, or very close to one now with their additions.

heh. This is exactly what this board said last year, though it was Montreal and Ottawa that were going to beat out the bubble leafs for a wildcard spot.

The Leafs blueline is upgraded over last year with Gio here for the full season. Up front Mikheyev is the one loss of significance but its time for a kid like Robertson to play.

Goalies will be interesting to see but even if they're worse than last year it won't be by much.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I don't pretend to know much about the guy but from all reports he's a 4th liner with some jam.

He throws two hits a game in limited minutes and can chase down pucks.

Audette also brings some energy.

People are.expecting a major drop off when it's essenitally the same team, plus, Gio will be here for two full years. The Wildcard is obviously Murray.

To me the loss of Lybushkin could be the biggest loss. He pushed everyone else to play physical and helped the D become more difficult to play against. Hell, I miss him already, his raise was inevitable.

Just make the playoff and bring some swagger. I won't be watching many regular season games anyways. Swagger is what this team needs. Players who drive hard and don't give a F.

Still so much time from now until the trade deadline

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Brings Cup winning experience and will be on a good contract. Nice move.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

People are.expecting a major drop off when it's essenitally the same team, plus, Gio will be here for two full years. The Wildcard is obviously Murray.

To me the loss of Lybushkin couod be the biggest loss. He pushed everyone else to play physical and helped the D become more difficult to play against. Hell, I miss him already, his raise was inevitable.

Just make the playoff and bring some swagger. I won't be watching many regular season games anyways. Swagger is what this team needs. Players who drive hard and don't give a F.

Swagger - Denis Malgin

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Fire these clowns now. I'm done with these guys with the piss poor cap management. We needed a second line LW because our Captain happens to be a passenger and can't carry a line anymore and we had legit options had we created cap room. Perron goes for 4.5 million.
Trying to fill major holes in free agency is piss poor cap management

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010

To me the loss of Lybushkin could be the biggest loss. He pushed everyone else to play physical and helped the D become more difficult to play against. Hell, I miss him already, his raise was inevitable.

Robertson is also a big wildcard. There’s potential for him to really pop off this year but he also might show that he’s not ready for the NHL and may never be.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad