Wrong Wilson

Hanta Yo!
Nov 17, 2019
Toronto, ON
Is the KHL done? If so I could see him playing on the Marlins ASAP

upload_2021-4-15_10-50-16.png

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So he's burning years off his ELC while he plays in Russia. Interesting choice. Will cause his ELC to run out sooner, which will be more expensive in the mid term(4 years from now) but potentially less expensive in the long term since he'll like sign his 2nd contract before he's proven enough to get all that much.

Also gives us the option to have him play here after seasons end in Russia, and he probably gets the opportunity to make the team in 2022/23, and go to Russia again if he doesn't rather than signing a 2 year deal in Russia and not seeing NA ice until 2023/24.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
So he's burning years off his ELC while he plays in Russia. Interesting choice. Will cause his ELC to run out sooner, which will be more expensive in the mid term(4 years from now) but potentially less expensive in the long term since he'll like sign his 2nd contract before he's proven enough to get all that much.

Also gives us the option to have him play here after seasons end in Russia, and he probably gets the opportunity to make the team in 2022/23, and go to Russia again if he doesn't rather than signing a 2 year deal in Russia and not seeing NA ice until 2023/24.

Don't the ELC years slide if he's playing in Russia?

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario

am I wrong in thinking that since he’s being loaned it won’t burn a year of his ELC?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

ELC years do not start until he’s with the NHL club or after 3 pro seasons

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Don't the ELC years slide if he's playing in Russia?

I believe they only slide if they're until 20, which this past season was the last one that Amirov would have qualified for. But I'm not sure if there's a Russia specific rule since they don't have a transfer agreement.

am I wrong in thinking that since he’s being loaned it won’t burn a year of his ELC?

Andreas Johnsson signed his 3 year ELC and was loaned to Sweden and the contract started as normal. Like I mentioned above unless there's some Russia specific rule I'm unaware of I think the contract won't slide.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I believe they only slide if they're until 20, which this past season was the last one that Amirov would have qualified for. But I'm not sure if there's a Russia specific rule since they don't have a transfer agreement.

Andreas Johnsson signed his 3 year ELC and was loaned to Sweden and the contract started as normal. Like I mentioned above unless there's some Russia specific rule I'm unaware of I think the contract won't slide.

Same with Grundstrom

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Anyone know definitely whether or not this contract will slide? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting posts, and last year with KHL players having to burn years off their contract even not playing in NHL (Kaprizov, Romanov), I'm now unsure of the rule anymore.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario

Interesting.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

He isn't burning any years until 2022/23, which is good. He slides next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00