Confirmed with Link: [TOR/NSH] TOR acquires Nicolas Baptiste from NSH

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Marlies get a player to help them for no more than the price of contract slot (and a player on an AHL contract who isn't playing).

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Forget lord stanley, we're tryna go back to back in the AHL.
No need to worry no need to fret no big deals happening tomorrow with the Leafs but I would like to see an upgrade from the Good Canadian Kids: Connor Brown Travis Dermott Frederik Gauthier Zach Hyman Patrick Marleau Jake Muzzin if we could find some sucker to take them off our hands

But don't trade these: Frederik Andersen Jake Gardiner Andreas Johnsson Nazem Kadr Kasperi Kapanen Par Lindholm Mitchell Marner William Nylander Igor Ozhiganov Morgan Rielly Garret Sparks John Tavares or Nikita Zaitsev as that would be hell

Look - we are likely not winning the cup this year but making Leafs Nation demanded trades means the other GM is a raging alcoholic and you're throwing an awful lot of Scotch into the deal, and we need to learn that Win now trades mean lose today and lose tomorrow. It's like thinking we have too much skill and not enough toughness, as if it is conceivably a problem to have too much skill, your thinking would have to be so dinosaur, and your habits so bad, you'd be walking, drunk, down the Las Vegas strip, demanding that someone point you in the direction of your hotel, the Sands.

OK I admit, I prefer thinking man's hockey with all of this silly passing, skating and scoring, I know you could tell
(Roster info from here: 2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com )

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
This Future Considerations guy is really busy.
He travels business class all the time,

stays in the best hotels and still cannot blow his points fast enough and he ain't no sissy

and has more rewards points than you could imagine and with every trade he gets even more points and all paid for on other's dime

But the guy is always on the move, can never settle down, he is in constant motion and never ending nervousness and shock, and faces rejection constantly - his hair is totally frizzy

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
Guys a total plug and I'm ashamed he's even in our organization. Played against him and he has an ego like no other. I get we needed someone to replace some of the Marlies lost recently but there were easily better options out there.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Guys a total plug and I'm ashamed he's even in our organization. Played against him and he has an ego like no other. I get we needed someone to replace some of the Marlies lost recently but there were easily better options out there.

Hunter could see the writing on the wall. Dubas in, Hunter said see ya later! I am not at all surprised by this or any of these missteps. The Hunters are some of the best hockey minds going not currently employed by an NHL team. Shanny was a fool.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Former teammate of Leivo and Corrado for their days with the Wolves. Hopefully he gets better treatment. I don't expect him to get any time on the Leafs though. So he likely won't be sitting in the media box as much as those other two did.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Hunter could see the writing on the wall. Dubas in, Hunter said see ya later! I am not at all surprised by this or any of these missteps. The Hunters are some of the best hockey minds going not currently employed by an NHL team. Shanny was a fool.

If Hunter is so great, why has no one even talked to him/tried to hire him?

Meanwhile teams were lining up to try and hire Dubas while he was an assistant...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Meanwhile teams were lining up to try and hire Dubas while he was an assistant...

How do you even know that? The last I heard the only team that either of the Hunters would work for was the Leafs because they like the area. They don't want to relocate. The most Loyal people you could find are these boys and Shanny is like, nah, just gonna take the young guy with no experience. If it were Hunters team, we would not be talking about how Dainty we are and I for sure know we would not be paying either Matthews or Nylander what we are either.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

stop making things up and pushing them as fact, it gets really tiresome with you guys

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
How do you even know that? The last I heard the only team that either of the Hunters would work for was the Leafs because they like the area. They don't want to relocate. The most Loyal people you could find are these boys and Shanny is like, nah, just gonna take the young guy with no experience. If it were Hunters team, we would not be talking about how Dainty we are and I for sure know we would not be paying either Matthews or Nylander what we are either.

Thank goodness we have Dubas and we have Matthews and Nylnder signed and they will not be leaving then!

Dubas is a total stats geek analytics observing technocrat- we are finally in truly good hands! Idiocy of hockey insiders with their chasing of penalty minutes can take a breather

Look forward to having next to no movement tomorrow at trade deadline day because the Leafs era of win - now trades is over and the Leafs are making forward looking decisions like businessmen

So what if we do not win the cup this year? It could be worse: we could make a bunch of trades, not win, and not have a future! I pick neither!

Reactions: WilliamNylander

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Thank goodness we have Dubas and we have Matthews and Nylnder signed and they will not be leaving then!

Dubas is a total stats geek analytics observing technocrat- we are finally in truly good hands! Idiocy of hockey insiders with their chasing of penalty minutes can take a breather

Look forward to having next to no movement tomorrow at trade deadline day because the Leafs era of win - now trades is over and the Leafs are making forward looking decisions like businessmen

So what if we do not win the cup this year? It could be worse: we could make a bunch of trades, not win, and not have a future! I pick neither!

True, and he is also very Managerial looking, Trendy, Green, Practices Yoga and is a Vegan. Forgive me for the obvious errors in my clearly misguided and narrow minded opinions.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
For real dude? You realize Laurence Gilman runs the Marlies right, he’s the one making the minor league moves. Regardless it’s a minor league trade, I can’t imagine getting that upset about it.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Islanders didn't hire Hunter despite a person familiar with him running the team.
Flyers didn't hire Hunter
Leafs decided to choose Dubas over Hunter.
Every NHL team feels he isn't NHL calibre.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
True, and he is also very Managerial looking, Trendy, Green, Practices Yoga and is a Vegan. Forgive me for the obvious errors in my clearly misguided and narrow minded opinions.

Legit what's wrong with Green life and doing Yoga? Hot Yoga's the shit. Are you too much man for that stuff or?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Many don't want to believe this, but this is a fact.
Hunter is one of the most overrated hockey guys. He realized nobody will come, so he went back to Junior.
Dubas was an up and comer and teams were rushing to get him.
Shanny is brilliant

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad