Value of: (TOR) Nick Robertson and a 2024 3rd round pick

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'd rather Toronto trade their 1st this year for tanev and a 3rd then trade Nick Robertson + 3rd for him. I think n3xt season you see nick in the Leafs top 6, he's a really solid player with lots of room to keep growing and improving his all around game.
I think it would take your 1st plus Robertson to get Tanev.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I wouldn’t trade Robertson for smith straight up. Hell I wouldn’t claim Smith off waivers right now.
32, 5 million this year and next and 24 points this season.
Robertson's number are heavily suppressed playing bottom 6 minutes this year but mark my words, once he gets a top 6 opportunity with Nylander he's going to be a 50-60 points guy IMO. He's worth much more to the leafs (especially next year) then to any other team.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
With the Leafs salary structure Robertson is the type of cheap, NHL/AHL tweeter they need to fill out the roster. He has a tiny tool box but if used in the right situations he can contribute to the team.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Robertson's number are heavily suppressed playing bottom 6 minutes this year but mark my words, once he gets a top 6 opportunity with Nylander he's going to be a 50-60 points guy IMO. He's worth much more to the leafs (especially next year) then to any other team.
Robertson in a top six situation will get absolutely caved in. There’s a reason he is heavily sheltered. That P/60 stat isn’t linear with more time.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Makes zero sense to move Robertson. He has more upside than current value. Would be a very bad decision trading him at this point.

I agree completely. Robertson be moved for a rental or a depth piece.

Maybe in a hockey trade to fix the D or G positions long-term. If he's a piece in a big trade for like Saros or something, then sure. But Toronto can't afford to give away cheap young forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad