Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Maple Leafs sign G Dennis Hildeby to ELC (3 years, $843.333k AAV)

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
The future
1657721418722.jpeg

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
The Hildebeast signs!

If Leaf fans could chime in: I'm not all too familiar with all of the goalies in Toronto's system, is he viewed as the top G prospect in the Leafs' pipeline?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The Hildebeast signs!

If Leaf fans could chime in: I'm not all too familiar with all of the goalies in Toronto's system, is he viewed as the top G prospect in the Leafs' pipeline?

We have a group of decent goalie prospects and I'd lump him in there, no one really stands out.

If he puts up the same sort of numbers this year with a larger sample size, easily yes.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Whe will he be in the AHL, this year, next year or the year after?

I thought he was still signed to play in Sweden

Signing an elc doesn’t automatically mean he is coming over. Could be loaned back to his Swedish club and have the contract slide.

Hildeby is signed with Farjestad for two more seasons which makes the timing of this deal a little curious as the expectation was that he’d stay in Sweden and play at that level before making the jump to North America. That could still happen with the changes to the Player Transfer Agreement with Sweden making it harder for Swedish-born players to come play in the AHL. If Hildeby remains in Sweden, his contract will not slide as that option is only available to junior-aged players.

So is this essentially a one-year deal, if Sweden doesn't let him out early?

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
The Hildebeast signs!

Nobody really knows who the top goalie prospect is. The answer probably would have been Petruzelli but management seems pretty high on Hildeby to not only draft him in round 4 when he was eligible in 2019 but to sign him less than a week after drafting him. He's not signed to an NHL deal like Petruzelli but Dryden Mckay is also interesting.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The Hildebeast signs!

We don't really have a top level goalie prospect so if he performs at a high level this year as a starter in the SHL he would quickly become our top goalie prospect.

Reactions: Prominence

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Nobody really knows who the top goalie prospect is. The answer probably would have been Petruzelli but management seems pretty high on Hildeby to not only draft him in round 4 when he was eligible in 2019 but to sign him less than a week after drafting him. He's not signed to an NHL deal like Petruzelli but Dryden Mckay is also interesting.

Unless something changed, Petruzelli was only signed to an AHL deal, not NHL.. so any NHL team could sign him as a UFA if they wanted to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad