Proposal: (TOR) Hockey Bloggers' Christmas (CGY) & (ANA)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leafs are not trading them

Teams trade elite prospects all the time, what are you talking about ? lmao
It’s fine I don’t think minten to Anaheim makes a ton of sense. Ducks would rather just aim at a pick

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
if they want more from the Leafs than other clubs due to Brad, the Flames can shove off

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You should know by now. It’s an honor to be offered a trade by the greatest franchise in the history of everything. Just be happy it wasn’t Klingberg, Muzzin and Reaves.
For sure, and on a forum m about trading.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Minten is worth a mid 2nd and Nimelea an early 2nd/late 1st (similar value to Sandin maybe)

Minten has a 3rd liner ceiling. Very little offensive upside with a poor start to the WHL

Niemela is a better prospect and has a strong start in the AHL with prior history of producing well in finland/wcj

Cowan, Knies and robertson are our high end young players that I would not move barring overpayment

Minten, Niemela and 2024 1st are pieces to deal for a #2D with term (Muzzin type offer)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

They rarely trade elite prospects

But of course you think those 2 are elites so yeah prospects like them are traded all the time

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
They rarely trade elite prospects

But of course you think those 2 are elites so yeah prospects like them are traded all the time
Never called either one of those elite, read what I said

Elite prospects get traded bud.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
To Toronto:

Noah Hanifin (50%)
Chris Tanev (25%),
Elias Lindholm

To Calgary:

William Nylander
TJ Brodie
Topi Niemela
2024 First Round Pick
2026 First Round Pick

To Anaheim:

Fraser Minton

Anaheim retains 50% of Hanifin's contract
Calgary retains 25% of Tanev's contract

We aren't giving up Fraser Minten just to get the Ducks to retain.

Also Brodie has a NTC and his wife has MS, she gets the best treatment here, that why he signed here, I doubt he waives to go back to Calgary.

Also Chicago probably getting that 2025 1st.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
You said they are worth 1st picks

Who would pay 1st picks if they are not elite

late 1st early 2nd are not elite prospect, they are project. some of those.pick would develop in elite prospect, some of those will develop into bust

with late 1st, early 2nd just have a n NHL player who will play in your top 9 in your attack of top 6 for 5-6-7 yeard, its great. you will rarely hit the pastrnak type of player.

niemela by exemple : i dont think he will become a top pair dman but have every tool to become a great #3-4th dman in NHL. do that worth a 1st pick a guy who could become a 3rd-4th in 2-3 yesrs-? yeah no doubt about it.

some people just overrating late 1st pick.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
late 1st early 2nd are not elite prospect, they are project. some of those.pick would develop in elite prospect, some of those will develop into bust

with late 1st, early 2nd just have a n NHL player who will play in your top 9 in your attack of top 6 for 5-6-7 yeard, its great. you will rarely hit the pastrnak type of player.

niemela by exemple : i dont think he will become a top pair dman but have every tool to become a great #3-4th dman in NHL. do that worth a 1st pick a guy who could become a 3rd-4th in 2-3 yesrs-? yeah no doubt about it.

some people just overrating late 1st pick.
That’s not how picks are valued. Picks are valued for their potential. Nobody is going to trade a 1st for someone else prospect that MAY become a mid pair dman. They rather make the pick themselves. Show me a trade where prospects like that were traded for a 1st

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
That’s not how picks are valued. Picks are valued for their potential. Nobody is going to trade a 1st for someone else prospect that MAY become a mid pair dman. They rather make the pick themselves. Show me a trade where prospects like that were traded for a 1st

we dont talk about top 5/ top 10 pick we talked about late 1st so yes they will

and no team will trade their top prospect who was pretty close of being NHL ready for a late 1st pick who will be NHL ready in maybe 3-4-5-6 year especially for a D except if he recquire waiver. Thats why you will pratically never see it. just lost a lot of season of development

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I keep seeing the word "elite" in this thread. I think I am a little bit of an expert on the topic.

e·lit·ist
[əˈlēdəst, āˈlēdəst]

ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to or supporting the view that a society or system should be led by an elite:
    "older men with an elitist attitude about music" · "the image of polo as an elitist sport"

ranking:

3. Elite
2. Eliter
1. Elitist

"elite"
is the most widely abused buzz word amongst sports fans.

To most people they attach the word to anyone they are passionate about.

A few years ago Vincent Trocheck was considered "elite", then it was Mark Scheifele, then a salty (Leaf hating) sports writer in Winnipeg called Laine "more elite than sliced bread".

If you want my opinion on what elite is, i'll offer you this: elite means the top 3- 5 players in the league. There are below average players, average players, good players, and then there are elite players.

Are these prospects your mentioning really "elite"? They are not the best 3-5 players in the NHL.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nylander’s a rental. What does Calgary need do with 3 months of Nylander? Ruin their draft position as Nylander continues to produce for the big pay day?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad