Proposal: (TOR) Hockey Bloggers' Christmas (CGY) & (ANA)

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Isn't this the same person who made a thread saying this type of trade is a conspiracy theory and the idea that Tre is trying to aquire his Flames buddies should be put to rest?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If Flames trade their UFA's, they want picks and prospects. Not other teams' UFA's, no matter how good Nylander is.

Reactions: Drumman44

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
To Toronto:

Noah Hanifin (50%)
Chris Tanev (25%),
Elias Lindholm

To Calgary:

William Nylander
TJ Brodie
Topi Niemela
2024 First Round Pick
2026 First Round Pick

To Anaheim:

Fraser Minton

Anaheim retains 50% of Hanifin's contract
Calgary retains 25% of Tanev's contract
I'd go for this.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If Flames trade their UFA's, they want picks and prospects. Not other teams' UFA's, no matter how good Nylander is.
Just flip them to another team.

Brutal for the Leafs anyway.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Nylander alone would get 2 1st round picks if traded at the deadline (at worst 1st + 2nd) - you're essentially trading 4 first round picks + Niemela (equivalent to 2nd round pick) + Brodie who again can probably get a 2nd round pick at TDL, and giving away Fraser Minton - again another 2nd round pick.

4 1st round picks + 3 2nd round picks is what youre trying to trade for 3, 1 year rentals

Reactions: Ciao

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I think this might make the leafs a worse team while gutting their future wow is this awful. I’d give Minten for the retention if he had 5 years left but a half of year of retention is worth a 4th tops.

Reactions: Ciao

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It would be hard to imagine a worse deal for the Leafs.

Come training camp no Tanev, no Hanifin, no Lindholm, no Nylander, no Brodie, no Niemela, no Minten, no 2024 first and no 2026 first.

No nothing.

How does that help build a franchise?

This is why the inmates should not run the asylum.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
It would be hard to imagine a worse deal for the Leafs.

Come training camp no Tanev, no Hanifin, no Lindholm, no Nylander, no Brodie, no Niemela, no Minten, no 2024 first and no 2026 first.

No nothing.

How does that help build a franchise?

This is why the inmates should not run the asylum.
Are you calling me insane to make a proposal that favors a win now situation? Not worth the infraction friend.

Toronto seems to be doing nothing for "building" as far as I'm concerned. Shanny has allowed far too many hasty things to happen. If you see them making every consideration to win this year, keep Nylander (a pretty good chance they might keep him), and trade picks/prospects to bolster the deficiencies then what are they doing to "help build a franchise"?

This proposal at least gives TOR a fighting chance to go deep this year.

Does it seem like Shanny/BT are planning to re-tool instead?

Isn't this the same person who made a thread saying this type of trade is a conspiracy theory and the idea that Tre is trying to aquire his Flames buddies should be put to rest?
I don't sit around thinking about conspiracies. I have an education.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Are you calling me insane to make a proposal that favors a win now situation? Not worth the infraction friend.

Toronto seems to be doing nothing for "building" as far as I'm concerned. Shanny has allowed far too many hasty things to happen. If you see them making every consideration to win this year, keep Nylander (a pretty good chance they might keep him), and trade picks/prospects to bolster the deficiencies then what are they doing to "help build a franchise"?

This proposal at least gives TOR a fighting chance to go deep this year.

Does it seem like Shanny/BT are planning to re-tool instead?

Yes, I do think your proposal is off the deep end.

I'm not defending or criticizing this or previous Leafs' management teams either. I generally dislike the win-now, all-in trades such as Foligno, O'Reilly and others.

It beats me what Leafs' management has in mind to do next, but I sure as heck hope it isn't anything at all like what you suggest.

In any given year, the best team in the NHL has less than even odds of winning the Stanley Cup. Given the choice, at even odds I would bet the field against the 1978 Montreal Canadiens, let alone the 2024 Toronto Maple Leafs.

I think the best strategy is to build a contender year after year, and to make every transaction keep something for the future of the team.

Reactions: Bedards Dad

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This trade type makes no sense. Why is Lindholm, Hanifin and Tanev with the same term worth the moon yet Nylander is somehow a throw in lol???

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nylander
Brodie
Minten (worth a 1st)
Niemela (worth a late 1st)
Two 1sts

This is disgustingly bad for Toronto.
Minten and Niemela are not worth a 1st
They are worth where they were picked

If they are worth more the Leafs would not trade them. Teams don’t trade their own good prospects

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You should know by now. It’s an honor to be offered a trade by the greatest franchise in the history of everything. Just be happy it wasn’t Klingberg, Muzzin and Reaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: BergyWho37

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Done. This is the equivalent of 5 first round picks (or close to it) , Flames aren't going to do better.

Flames would try to extend Nylander to a reasonable contract, if they can't this leaves a retention slot for him.

Reactions: Nanuuk

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I have a question for you then:

Why would an organization who just fired Treliving hand over a major chunk of their defensive depth just to help him out on his new team?

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I have a question for you then:

Why would an organization who just fired Treliving hand over a major chunk of their defensive depth just to help him out on his new team?
Because they are going to trade those players anyway and won't get a better deal?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Minten and Niemela are not worth a 1st
They are worth where they were picked

If they are worth more the Leafs would not trade them. Teams don’t trade their own good prospects
Leafs are not trading them

Teams trade elite prospects all the time, what are you talking about ? lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad