Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Ryan Reaves to sign with the Maple Leafs (3 years, $1.35M AAV)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Just said on That's Hockey that Ryan Reaved is among the Leafs free agency targets.

This would be a great signing, they need some size and toughness in the bottom 6, they need that element from day 1 of training camp they tried to bring it in at the deadline and it worked to extent, I don't think they beat Tampa without ROR, Accari and Schenn.

But at the same time I think you need that toughness and grit element from day 1, not from February on.
LoooooooL

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
All of the Atlantic teams are getting better, save tampa
We out here signing the second round gang back together and adding Wayne Simmonds the second

Not impressed so far

Boston just gave away Hall that doesn't make them better.

Ottawa is going to trade Debrincate that won'r make them better.

Where are you getting this idea that all the Atlantic teams are getting better it's simply not true.

He’s not being realistic at all

I know, suggesting they are going to compete for a bottom 10 pick is ridiculous

Reactions: Kurtz and Rob Brown

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I see this as more of a locker room thing where he only gets to play against more physical teams or if the team has a guy like Wilson.

I highly doubt, or hope not, that they plan on getting him to play 82 games and however many playoff games. Basically see him used like how Simmonds was.

They said they want to get tougher so they are looking at the toughest, or one of, players around. I don't see an issue unless they overpay and/or overplay.
Why?

Guy can still skste hit and from what i recall isnt a liability on the ice and from all accounts a great locker room guy.

The impact a guy like that has on the team is pretty underated around here it seems.

Give him a regular 4th line shift or dont bother

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Be realistic
Sure its a hyperbole

However we havent done anything ti improve our team and are at the draft

Reeves is a 13th foreward. He is so irrelevant that him being linked to us without any other moves is concerning

Kampf got too much term and AAV

We are keeping Keefe and the core 4.

This is a worse version of the 2022 leafs who got out in 5 in round 2.

Extremely slow and odd start.

JT continues his decline, lack of forward depth and brodie continue decline and leafs are going to a mid tier playoff team rather than top 5ish reg season team in the league.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
How about trying to persuade Max Domi to take a discount by giving Tie a deal?
We might be in the minority, but I think Domi would be a great addition to the Leafs. Obviously, a very different player compared to Reaves, but I think Domi's edge and the fact he can still play higher in the line-up in a pinch, if you can get him cheap, he's worth a shot IMO.

Reactions: Kurtz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sure its a hyperbole

However we havent done anything ti improve our team and are at the draft

Reeves is a 13th foreward. He is so irrelevant that him being linked to us without any other moves is concerning

Kampf got too much term and AAV

We are keeping Keefe and the core 4.

This is a worse version of the 2022 leafs who got out in 5 in round 2.

Extremely slow and odd start.

JT continues his decline, lack of forward depth and brodie continue decline and leafs are going to a mid tier playoff team rather than top 5ish reg season team in the league.

What Decline? JT was better last year than he was the year before he had 36 goals and 80 points people say he's on a decline but it's just not real

Reactions: Kurtz

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Why?

Guy can still skste hit and from what i recall isnt a liability on the ice and from all accounts a great locker room guy.

The impact a guy like that has on the team is pretty underated around here it seems.

Give him a regular 4th line shift or dont bother

Idk the way I look at it, if he was an ideal 82 game and playoff 4th liner he wouldn't be constantly boucing around these competitive teams.

He's also 36, so I can't see him being very fast. Maybe I'm wrong and I'd be happy if that was the case cause then my team would get a serviceable 4th liner whos bad af

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
What Decline? JT was better last year than he was the year before he had 36 goals and 80 points people say he's on a decline but it's just not real
PP points, and he is too slow to play C defensively now. He needs to be on a wing but Leafs have no one else to plug in

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He had 39 pp pts and 41 EV pts.

In 2021 he had 50 EV pts.

His first season in 2019 he had 69 EV pts.

His 5v5 and EV play has been declining for years now. He is heavily PP reliant and more than that 88/34/16 reliant

In the playoffs he went ghost when those 3 struggled to produce.

Just watching him play, hes not a noticeable threat like he was in 2019 and is continously looking slower and less dangerous with the puck.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
who cares how he gets the points? he gets the points PP chances are a major part of the game "PP points" is not a valid arguement
He gets PP pts being the 4th option. He isnt creating many dangerous looks and the offense is being driven by the other 3 forwards and Rielly at times.

A PP reliant game doesnt usually work in the playoffs often either. Can work some cases but usally will not. JT is a ~58 pt player for the leafs in the playoffs for his career. His PP production and EV production both stink in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad