Proposal: Tor //Clb (shakeup)

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Shake it up

Andersen (can be retained and flipped if they so choose - requires minimal actual dollars)
Kerfoot
Engvall
1st
Amirov
Cond. Pick

For

Korpisalo
Folingo
Jenner

Breakdown
Andersen + cond. Pick for Korpisalo
Kerfoot + Amirov for Foligno (ret. to 3.25)
Engvall + 1st for Jenner

I think alot will get lost on the "spare parts" end on Torontos side (justifiably) but think Columbus add some solid pieces to work with

Thornton-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Jenner-Mikhayev
Simmonds-Spezza-Robertson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian

Korpisalo
Campbell

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
I'd like a Foligno or Jenner in Leafs lineup, but the upgrades dont justify giving up their two best trade chips and a conditional pick

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
No thanks from Columbus.

Edit: The problem with this trade is that the only piece from this entire thing we'd actually want is the 1st.

And we're keeping Jenner. At least I hope so.

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'd like a Foligno or Jenner in Leafs lineup, but the upgrades dont justify giving up their two best trade chips and a conditional pick

The 1st round pick is clear to me, but then what's the 2nd of the two best trade chips?

Reactions: TFHockey

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I actually like this a lot for Columbus (even though their fans in here still seem to be under the illusion that they should rather make a (probably futile) push for the playoffs instead of doing the right thing and build for the future for once considering that their team is nowhere near a contender).

Which is weird considering that this is coming from a Leafs fan..

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Make it simple
2021 1st, 2021 2nd, Anderson for korpisalo
2022 1st, kerfoot, and one of Hallander/ Abramov/ Hirvonen For Jenner.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Jacket gives up the 3 best players, and only get a first and a good prospect back.. Na broh, more quality, less fillers

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Leafs aren't trading Amriov for a few months of Foglino, rentals in general don't return a guy who was just selected 15th overall.

Also wouldn't pay a 1st rounder for Jenner. More productive guys get moved for a lot less than 1st+young 3C/W. Pass on all trades from leafs POV

Reactions: Pertti

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I actually like this a lot for Columbus (even though their fans in here still seem to be under the illusion that they should rather make a (probably futile) push for the playoffs instead of doing the right thing and build for the future for once considering that their team is nowhere near a contender).

Oh we’re not making the playoffs. But how this package really helps build for the future is in question.

it’s certain one of Elvis or Korpi gets traded, though doubtful before the expansion draft.

Foligno is a possible rental.

I’d rather keep Jenner to be the utility guy that helps the kids (not that he’s old) and because he is reliable. Rather not trade both our reliable vets. But for the right piece(s), anyone can be traded. I just don’t see that here.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Clb getting two first round calibre prospects (Amirov and 2021 1st) for third line depth rentals is meh. Not interested. Too much in one deal.

Korpisalo interests me though. Andersen and a conditional pick I'd be down with.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Columbus can do better by trading each of those players separately.

Reactions: 6zag and Pertti

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Jackets don't want Andersen, he doesn't help in the present or the future, and don't want to have to flip him just to make the trade work for Toronto.
Andersen is a UFA and 80% of his salary was paid in the summer as a signing bonus. If the Jackets are selling off their rentals and retooling for next year, there is absolutely no need to flip him. He doesn’t add any value to the Leafs side of the equation, but you don’t have to be particularly magnanimous to take the contract either.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
So a 1st round pick and prospect selected 15th in the last draft is unimpressive. SMFH

Objectively, they're viable pieces. The problem is this proposal cloaks them in mediocrity and then ships them off for Columbus' captain, their 1B goalie (at minimum), and a reliable 35-40-pt "glue guy" who can play center (their weakest position) in a pinch.

Surely this isn't hard to comprehend?

Same troll, same comment.

Rinse and repeat.

Relative (make sure you read!) to the pieces you're asking for, and the team you're asking from, those are inconsequential assets. Columbus would certainly prefer to hang on to their guys.

Reactions: 6zag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad