To
Toronto
Zadorov (50% retained)
Soderberg

To
Chicago
2022 1st top ten protected
2021 2nd

Is this a deal that works for both sides ? Also can Toronto take on 2.7 million pro rated ?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
bowman wouldn't do it, but I would. hawks don't need zadorov long term as a core piece even though he provides a nice dynamic we havent had in a while. soda was always going to be a rental so for a 1st and a 2nd, yes

Reactions: Pertti

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
No problem with either of those players, Zadorov would be a good fit for some nastiness on the third pair and C depth is good to have.

But those picks are each at least a round too high. 2nd and a 3rd for those two.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
im not giving up that much value for those 2. Soderberg would be a good bottom 6 option, but doesnt hold that much value especially as a rental. not a big fan of Zadorov.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
No problem with either of those players, Zadorov would be a good fit for some nastiness on the third pair and C depth is good to have.

But those picks are each at least a round too high. 2nd and a 3rd for those two.
My thinking as well... maybe instead of the third give up a really nice prospect that is expendable.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Leafs don’t have the cap space to make this deal even if the price was lower which it should be .

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
For a 1st and 2nd, sure. 2nd and 3rd? No.

Zadorov might bring some nice grit to Toronto this year, but as has been mentioned, he's an RFA with arbitration rights. The Leafs won't be able to re-sign him for the $4m (ish) that he's asking, so he (and Soderberg), would be expensive rentals.

Hawks have the cap space to keep Z for a while and he helps offset some of the smaller guys we have on the backend. So I don't see any reason we'd trade him for less than a 1st, which again, is likely too expensive for Toronto.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
To
Toronto
Zadorov (50% retained)
Soderberg

To
Chicago
2021 2nd

Is this a deal that works for both sides ? Also can Toronto take on 2.7 million pro rated ?
That's good value! Zadorov is somebody I'd want Chicago to resign. Soderberg was a rental from day one.

It's not much overpayment by Toronto. Zadorov is worth at least a #16 pick of where he was selected. And Soderberg probably is worth a pair of 4th round picks.

We will send you back a 5th round pick to even things out a bit.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
That's good value! Zadorov is somebody I'd want Chicago to resign. Soderberg was a rental from day one.

It's not much overpayment by Toronto. Zadorov is worth at least a #16 pick of where he was selected. And Soderberg probably is worth a pair of 4th round picks.

We will send you back a 5th round pick to even things out a bit.
Players' draft position has nothing to do with their trade value. and no he isnt worth a mid 1st

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
picks are too high, if you want those picks at least offer to take on kerfoot. Even with taking on kerfoot i dont think it gets it done but it becomes a lot closer

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
are you really acting like Kerfoot adds negative value from our side?

for his salary, what he brings to the table and length of his contract yes

plus in this scenario if kerfoot was included in the trade it gives the leafs an additional 900k of cap space to work with (pro rated)

you replace kerfoot with soda, add zadorov and get the ability to add another piece or two with the additional cap space

i still say the 1st and 2nd is too high though

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
for his salary, what he brings to the table and length of his contract yes

plus in this scenario if kerfoot was included in the trade it gives the leafs an additional 900k of cap space to work with (pro rated)

you replace kerfoot with soda, add zadorov and get the ability to add another piece or two with the additional cap space

i still say the 1st and 2nd is too high though
i dont wanna take it out on you, but people on here act like anyone who isnt a superstar and makes more than league minimum have no to negative value. theres nothing wrong with Kerfoot for what he does, and its not like he is old at 26.

Soderberg would be a downgrade but not considerably. Zadorov is ok but would rather not pay a lot to get him. agree a 1st+2nd is too much regardless.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
To
Toronto
Zadorov (50% retained)
Soderberg

To
Chicago
2021 2nd

Counter:
Alex Nylander for 50% of what Jokiharu was worth 2 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad