Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CHI] TOR acquire D Chad Krys from CHI for F Kurtis Gabriel

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Chad Krys might be a familiar name to some as one of those early “other notables” leading up to the 2016 draft with Matthews, Chychrun and Puljujarvi at the top. Why? Why not? Not a big deal, probably hoping for some untapped upside.

Reactions: Kelly

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Chicago had nothing to deal with Rangers when they started to manhandle them and goof ball Trouba decided to go head hunting .. good move for Hawks .. they got tired of getting run out of rink .. this move will help them out

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Expecting this is just to get Gabriel some opportunities and potential Marlies depth on LD with our current injuries.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Can Dubas stop doing favours? I actually watch the Marlies. I would much rather watch Gabriel slam bodies than give him up for someone that doesn't even really deserve an NHL contract in the first place.

Reactions: Massew

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Can Dubas stop doing favours? I actually watch the Marlies. I would much rather watch Gabriel slam bodies than give him up for someone that doesn't even really deserve an NHL contract in the first place.
I mean, fun to watch Gabriel, and it's nice to have fans of the Marlies not just Leafs fans who pay odd attention to the odd prospect on the Marlies, but there's some truth too to, if Dubas sets a pattern of burying guys in the minors and not giving them a chance or not doing nice things, those guys will stop signing to begin with, meaning you don't get to see them at all :(

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
great trade ,..... we somehow got value back for gabriel which i thought would never happen.
i would have been happy with a 7th round pick lol

Reactions: teddygmr

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I mean, fun to watch Gabriel, and it's nice to have fans of the Marlies not just Leafs fans who pay odd attention to the odd prospect on the Marlies, but there's some truth too to, if Dubas sets a pattern of burying guys in the minors and not giving them a chance or not doing nice things, those guys will stop signing to begin with, meaning you don't get to see them at all :(
How many teams were willing to give him a one-way contract in the summer? Likely just Toronto because they can flex financially. So, he got his money, now he gets gifted a chance in the NHL with one of the few teams who would use him that way, while the Leafs take back their dead weight. I don't think you need to be quite this nice. He should have played out the year. If he had multiple one way offers, I kind of get it. I just don't think that's true.

He would have come here for the paycheque. So, would the next player in his position next off-season. The Leafs can afford to pay AHL players NHL money. They should have no problem luring the Gabriel's of the world to the Leafs/Marlies ever.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Now you will just have to settle for Clifford, Clune, and Douglas doing the exact same thing while also being able to take a semi-respectable shift.

Quite the travesty.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Now you will just have to settle for Clifford, Clune, and Douglas doing the exact same thing while also being able to take a semi-respectable shift.

Quite the travesty.
I think Clifford stays up with the big club. They can't stay healthy. If they do, by that time he'll probably need to be exposed again to waivers and closer to the deadline he could get snatched. Then, they're down Clifford and Gabriel. As well as Amadio, Brooks and Semyonov. This season in particular I feel everyone is getting claimed. When you have a few extra players it's okay to hang on to them.

I kind of liked the Simmonds-Ritchie-Clifford combo on the Leafs and the Gabriel-Douglas-Clune combo on the Marlies. Short lived, but it felt right to me.

Last edited:

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Have a good one gabriel! :clap: take good care of our demaiter too mi'lord. Y'all is gon be torontonians for life. Forever. Demaiter still has the best bod and face in hockey and brings out the best confidence in gabriel. The best confidence in hockey CAUSE HE GETS THE BEST WOMEN PERIOD!!!!!!
Sorry for your loss. I know it's devastating.

Reactions: Coachcorner

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I guess with the Hawks in town here on Saturday, Gabriel will just meet the team here.
Wonder if he dresses?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Clifford stays up with the big club. They can't stay healthy. If they do, by that time he'll probably need to be exposed again to waivers and closer to the deadline he could get snatched. Then, they're down Clifford and Gabriel. As well as Amadio, Brooks and Semyonov. This season in particular I feel everyone is getting claimed. When you have a few extra players it's okay to hang on to them.

I kind of liked the Simmonds-Ritchie-Clifford on the Leafs and Gabriel-Douglas-Clune on the Marlies. Short lived, but it felt right to me.

Except that 4th line always had Spezza on it, and Simmonds + Ritchie are actually good hockey players (Clifford should be in the AHL). So they were actually worth playing. Gabriel is a bad hockey player, and Clune is not significantly better. Neither should be playing a ton of minutes, and Douglas is good enough to play with better players and more minutes.

Clifford will likely be sent down well before the deadline, and he has done nothing since he has cleared the first time to suggest that anyone will want him this time around. I am not worried about losing him, and I am not worried about him spending any kind of significant time with the Leafs. He will be more than available for the Marlies for most of this year, and in the mean time, we have a ton of other guys who should be given opportunities instead of him and Clune. Playing both at the same time should not be something we should want to do, and only should happen when we have this many injuries at both levels.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
How many teams were willing to give him a one-way contract in the summer? Likely just Toronto because they can flex financially. So, he got his money, now he gets gifted a chance in the NHL with one of the few teams who would use him that way, while the Leafs take back their dead weight. I don't think you need to be quite this nice. He should have played out the year. If he had multiple one way offers, I kind of get it. I just don't think that's true.

He would have come here for the paycheque. So, would the next player in his position next off-season. The Leafs can afford to pay AHL players NHL money. They should have no problem luring the Gabriel's of the world to the Leafs/Marlies ever.
You don't keep a bad player in the organization who was playing too much with the Marlies. This was a fine trade and the Marlies better off because they needed depth on D, and Gabriel was taking away a spot from a better player. We shouldn't be keeping a player who is making the team worse. We already have Clune who does the exact same thing as Gabriel.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I think it's underrated how much more likely we are to get people to sign with us because they know we won't just bury them.

It’s not even underrated anymore. Players have already come out and said Dubas is a man of his word. Treats players with the utmost class

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Never really understood the level of pre-draft interest in Krys. It'll certainly be a feather in the developmental departments cap if they turn him into something.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
That was Owen Power.
ppDvHfRhl4kk1hpbmWzeXDG7WW2qAP8uo7N0FuoIJZ4.jpg

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad