Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CGY] David Rittich (@50%) for 2022 3rd round pick

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Oilers fan bumps thread - wouldn’t expect anything else lol

As of right now big congrats to Calgary for scamming a 3rd rounder from us.. Hopefully he turns it around but at this point he may be 4th on the depth chart as soon as Andersen’s back

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

As of right now big congrats to Calgary for scamming a 3rd rounder from us.. Hopefully he turns it around but at this point he may be 4th on the depth chart as soon as Andersen’s back
He's a Flames goalie we hate with a passion. He is now a Leaf. Yes I had to bump this lol. It's protocol :sarcasm:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Dubas sees his chance now. How many third round picks make it and when? Pretty sure this move allows them to make yet another move tomorrow. Dubas isn’t paying teams to keep cap if he isn’t going to use it all by the deadline. This allows them to rest Andersen for another month and see what happens come playoffs while still adding another key piece tomorrow potentially. Using up Andersen’s cap. 2.7 to go shopping with. Great move Dubas.

Great move you say? Look at tonight. Waste of a 3rd.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018

Meh, you should take it as a shot more at StickflipDave than the Leafs. Oilers fan just hate him and him failing no matter the team is hilarious.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Lol, yeah not like the Leafs are any better than Calgary. If only every GM just used stats and no logic like you. We would be able to trade Hutchinson's .919 for Demko's .917 :)
Well now Rittich is at .877.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I really don't know what Dubas was thinking with this acquisition. Rittich seemed to struggle at times here in Calgary so what was Toronto looking for?

Saving the 3rd and playing Hutchinson (Who has a decent .919 Save percentage) when JC needed a break would have been the better option for the Leafs.

Mar 12, 2009
I really don't know what Dubas was thinking with this acquisition. Rittich seemed to struggle at times here in Calgary so what was Toronto looking for?

Saving the 3rd and playing Hutchinson (Who has a decent .919 Save percentage) when JC needed a break would have been the better option for the Leafs.
It makes more sense if you've ever actually watched Hutch play.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Dubas might be the guy making the deal, but wouldn’t pro scouting be the point men, who identify trade targets?

Reactions: Mike Jones

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
He looked like a beer league goalie tonight. I'm not kidding, the last few were horrendous. The guy can look solid but those 30 foot shots 5 hole were something else. I'm not pinning the loss on him but he definitely didnt help.
But that is what he always does. Half the time he looks like Patrick Roy and half the time he looks like he would be cut from a beer league team.

He seems to play better the worse your team plays. He routinely will make difficult saves then let up an easy one.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
There seems to be a pattern where Oiler fans in general seem to cheer more for other teams or players failings, than they cheer for their team winning...seems like an indictment on the state of the franchise
Huh? Every fan cheers against other teams or other players. It’s called rivalries, stop trying to make it seem like Oilers fans are the only, absolutely delusional. He played for our provincial rival and stick flipped after a poke check in a shootout...

Reactions: Arctic Fox

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dufas makes a trade and he is amazing. A bad trade then Leafs fans start to blame the scouting or “this has Shanahan’s fingerprints all over it”.
Just pointing out Dubas makes the trade for Rittich based on pro scouting information. Likely there was more than one goalie Dubas was targeting, and the deal he made was ultimately his choice, but the pro scouts’ information would be an important part of the decision of which guy to acquire and the cost to pay.

Reactions: Team Cozens

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Just pointing out Dubas makes the trade for Rittich based on pro scouting information. Likely there was more than one goalie Dubas was targeting, and the deal he made was ultimately his choice, but the pro scouts’ information would be an important part of the decision of which guy to acquire and the cost to pay.
So how come you don't blame Dubas for bad trades, but Benning gets all the blame when the Canucks make a bad trade? Secretly a Leafs fan? lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I said it earlier in this thread, or another. There’s no middle ground with Rittich.

Either lights out, or really bad.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I said it earlier in this thread, or another. There’s no middle ground with Rittich.

Either lights out, or really bad.
That's because he's a backup...all backups are like that, play against lesser teams normally then when they become 'the man' they shrivel

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
There seems to be a pattern where Oiler fans in general seem to cheer more for other teams or players failings, than they cheer for their team winning...seems like an indictment on the state of the franchise
Your comment is an indictment on the state of your distain for the Oilers franchise. Every single fan base does this. Being a Leafs fan you should know this...

Reactions: Arctic Fox

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He looked like a beer league goalie tonight. I'm not kidding, the last few were horrendous. The guy can look solid but those 30 foot shots 5 hole were something else. I'm not pinning the loss on him but he definitely didnt help.
The Hoglander goal lol. It’s like he closed his eyes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad