Proposal: TOR-ARI

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Leafs don't need a goalie.

Campbell is fine as our starter and Andersen will return for the playoffs (to be our backup).

I wouldn't mind Garland, but, I'm not paying the price for him when we can acquire rentals who are cheaper and better.

Also, we have Robertson/Amirov ready to step up as soon as next year.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
How many woefully undervalued offers do Leaf's fans need to make towards Garland and Kuemper? Yes, it will solve some problems for YOU. But you aren't making it even slightly enticing.

If you want Garland on his own I bet you're looking at either Sandin or Robertson AND a first.

The Coyotes are far from being desperate to sell, so you don't just have to beat the best offer, you have to beat whatever internal price they set.

If you want Garland AND Kuemper, you're looking at a 1st, and Robertson and Sandin (or possibly instead of Sandin maybe a combo of picks and like your 3rd and 5th best prospect).
Point is, it's going to hurt.

This isn't Buffalo with Taylor Hall or New Jersey with Palmieri where both teams have zero hope and UFAs that need to be unloaded.
This is a team with very real playoff aspirations who will only throw away their present if you help them fix their pillaged future.

Reactions: Mosby and hbk

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Considering Leafs may need a goalie because of injuries it really doesn't make a lot of sense to go shopping in Arizona for one when both are currently injured.

Leafs aren't interested.
Thanks.

Reactions: Flukeshot

the Chad Kilger

Apr 30, 2020
Take our Garland and Zona probably considers
yes cause goalies without term/control historically get traded for numerous high draft picks... see Murray (2nd-overpay but was rfa), Allen (3rd), Dubnyk(7th for a 5th) as recent examples. at most a 2nd would be the cost to acquire a yotes goaltender

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Considering Leafs may need a goalie because of injuries it really doesn't make a lot of sense to go shopping in Arizona for one when both are currently injured.

Leafs aren't interested.
Thanks.

Not only that but Garland is not the type of player they need in addition to the valuation being over the top. Seriously Garland and Kuemper for Robertson, Sandin and a 1st ? Zero chance that's in the ballpark. None .

Reactions: Fogelhund

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How many woefully undervalued offers do Leaf's fans need to make towards Garland and Kuemper? Yes, it will solve some problems for YOU. But you aren't making it even slightly enticing.

If you want Garland on his own I bet you're looking at either Sandin or Robertson AND a first.

The Coyotes are far from being desperate to sell, so you don't just have to beat the best offer, you have to beat whatever internal price they set.

If you want Garland AND Kuemper, you're looking at a 1st, and Robertson and Sandin (or possibly instead of Sandin maybe a combo of picks and like your 3rd and 5th best prospect).
Point is, it's going to hurt.

This isn't Buffalo with Taylor Hall or New Jersey with Palmieri where both teams have zero hope and UFAs that need to be unloaded.
This is a team with very real playoff aspirations who will only throw away their present if you help them fix their pillaged future.
Leaf fans don't have to make any offers.

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com

Campbell is fine as our starter and Andersen will return for the playoffs (to be our backup).

I wouldn't mind Garland, but, I'm not paying the price for him when we can acquire rentals who are cheaper and better.

Who is this rental who would be cheaper and better than Garland? I'll be waiting.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

If Andersen is healthy, Andersen isn't the backup

Reactions: Mosby

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
That’s STILL a bad deal for Arizona.

Its really so far beyond what it would actually look like it's laughable...and then add Amirov bwhaha...common. Essentially 4 firsts for Kuemper and Garland. That's, well that's something. 3 blue chippers and a first. You do realize goaltenders typically don't have great value right ? Kuemper is a good goalies but can never handle a full load while remaining healthy. This matters. The fit w Garland is poor, and that's even an aside from the poor overvaluation in general.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
To leafs:
Conor Garland and one of their goalies :darcy kuemper or raanta

To coyotes:

Frederik Andersen, engvall, 2021 1st and 2021 2nd and 3rd

Why exactly would the Leafs want another small winger, and a Right Winger at that? No disrespect to the player, he's having a great season, but this is about the last type of player that the Leafs need.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Its really so far beyond what it would actually look like it's laughable...and then add Amirov bwhaha...common. Essentially 4 firsts for Kuemper and Garland. That's, well that's something. 3 blue chippers and a first. You do realize goaltenders typically don't have great value right ? Kuemper is a good goalies but can never handle a full load while remaining healthy. This matters. The fit w Garland is poor, and that's even an aside from the poor overvaluation in general.
You’re confused. Nobody suggested adding Amirov to that package. Please note which posts were quoted.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yes, some Leaf fans want to make proposals. Just like some fans of other teams. It was never a need.
I've seen several of these woefully underdeveloped proposals from Leafs fans for these particular players.

If you're being pedantic and unable to think figuratively and equate the word 'need' strictly with what is required for biological survival, then I don't really know what to tell you.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I don’t see why the coyotes franchise is supposed to do favours for toronto

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Thats not enough coming from us. Garland is very valuable. And do we really need to spend significant assets on a RW when we already have Marner and Nylander? I would like Kuemper though, but this deal is too large.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I've seen several of these woefully underdeveloped proposals from Leafs fans for these particular players.

If you're being pedantic and unable to think figuratively and equate the word 'need' strictly with what is required for biological survival, then I don't really know what to tell you.
Leaf fans can value players at whatever they the values are. If some Leaf fans don't think the players are worth first round picks, that is their progative. Heck, some fans want first and top prospects for their players. Besides, it is easy to distinguish the difference between need and want without resorting to hyperbole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad