Top undrafted free agents available

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
not to sure if these two got signed but BRETT FESTERLING AND TIM KRAUS, they both attended the Anahiem camp along with teammate Brendan Mikkelson, and the coaching staff loved Festerling. Festerling and Kraus are two very underrated players IMO, i maybe a homer due to the fact that i have had season tickets to the giants for 4 years know, Festerling has the worlds greatest hip check, i am not joking his hip check is amazing, first he makes it look like the rob blake bum check and then he lifts the guy right over his back, he was also in the top 3 in +/- and is paired with Jon Blum as the shutdown pair, So fair to date in the playoffs they have shutdown the line of Aspenlind-Moller-Santorelli and Gagnon-Holloway-Robertson.

Festerling was indeed signed and I have heard many great things about him. :) Kraus was at the camp, but he was not signed.

Good to hear so many good things about them! :)

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
I'm thinking Baeuregard might get some looks. Teams with no wingers mainly. Seems like a guy who can finish what people set up for him

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
Wow those are really good numbers. If I was a team with a lot of money like the Leafs or Wings I would just take a chance on the guy. You have nothing to lose.

He's been to Anaheim,Chicago and Columbus's training camps. The Hawks really liked him, they said he was the biggest suprise at camp. If they want him they better hurry cause I hear that Detroit is reeaaaaallll interested in him.

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Ryan Duncan just won the Hobey and is undrafted. Although he has stated that he'll be back at UND next season.

Is the Hobey Baker not awarded to the top senior? and if so, how can Duncan go back to UND?

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
Is the Hobey Baker not awarded to the top senior? and if so, how can Duncan go back to UND?

Unless they changed the rules recently, it used to be awared to the top collegiate player not the top senior. Back in the early 90's Paul Kariya had won it as a freshman.

NativeHockey77*

Colton Yellow Horn (Tri-City Americans) - Hes small (5'7) but when healthy he puts up big numbers, was leading scorer in the WHL with 39 goals untill he went down with a leg injury. long stretch for him to make the NHL if he does, hope it works out!

Les Reaney (Niagra Purple Eagles) - at the age of 22 and going into his 3rd year in NCAA. Hes 6'0 somtin and 225 pounds, is on the same level as Ted Cook Jr and averages over a point per game. I think he will make the NHL in 3 years.

Ted Cook Jr. (Niagra Purple Eagles) - Great goal scorer, going into his 3rd year in the NCAA, so you gotta wait 2 more years to see how he does in training camps in the NHL

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Unless they changed the rules recently, it used to be awared to the top collegiate player not the top senior. Back in the early 90's Paul Kariya had won it as a freshman.

right, I forgot about that.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Well, they definitely have talent. Their history probably isn't looked upon too favourably in the stodgier circles of hockeydom, but it didn't stop them from getting a look-see at camp last year (was it Detroit?). They'll get another camp invitation somewhere, and go from there I'd guess. It would surprise me if anybody signed them outright before then. But a camp invite, then pending that more likely a deal direct with the minor league affiliate if they impress, with more audition work after that if they hope to land an NHL deal.

I don't suppose NHL execs would be looking at them as examples of "top undrafted free agents available", though. :dunno:

Best of luck to them, however... they've been through a lot and I've enjoyed watching them at St.Mike's. :handclap:

It was Detroit. They also both getting an invitation this year, one(maybe both) will get a contract offer from this club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad