Top Shelf Prospects: Avalanche Edition

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This is a good read, you guys should check it out. Good description of each player's game. IIRC your article last year was the only person I'd read accurately describe Bleackley's game. Anyway, the Bigras and Meloche sections should be required reading. People seem to be losing the plot with Bigras and forgetting why he's so good and I don't think many are familiar with Meloche's game or get why he's so highly regarded and this is a good description. I also appreciate the acknowledgement that our pool is growing and isn't as barren as most media like to profess.

A couple minor quibbles, I dont think Bigras was ever slow or average, his skating has been a big calling card, though I know it's his edge work that's the true cut above. Conversely, Butcher isn't very quick but he has gotten better. I also don't call Rantanen a power forward but I understand some folks use that as a broader definition and to me it's more specific (like Greer is a PF to a T and he doesn't have a ton of similarities to Mikko). But these are very minor nitpicks, as I said well done and definitely take the time to check it out.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
This is a good read, you guys should check it out. Good description of each player's game. IIRC your article last year was the only person I'd read accurately describe Bleackley's game. Anyway, the Bigras and Meloche sections should be required reading. People seem to be losing the plot with Bigras and forgetting why he's so good and I don't think many are familiar with Meloche's game or get why he's so highly regarded and this is a good description. I also appreciate the acknowledgement that our pool is growing and isn't as barren as most media like to profess.

A couple minor quibbles, I dont think Bigras was ever slow or average, his skating has been a big calling card, though I know it's his edge work that's the true cut above. Conversely, Butcher isn't very quick but he has gotten better. I also don't call Rantanen a power forward but I understand some folks use that as a broader definition and to me it's more specific (like Greer is a PF to a T and he doesn't have a ton of similarities to Mikko). But these are very minor nitpicks, as I said well done and definitely take the time to check it out.

I think it was fair to call the Avalanche prospect pool one of the worst in the NHL in 2014. But the moves over the last 2 years have done a lot to change that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad