Speculation: Top Free Agents' New Destinations

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
With the Cap and forthcoming season uncertainty, I see a lot of UFA's staying put, provided their teams are willing to give respectable money and term.

The only top-end UFA's I could realistically see hit the market:

Hall
Markstrom
Krug
Hoffman
Lehner
Holtby
Brodie (if you consider him top-end)

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
I could see Montreal taking a chance on Brodie. I know they don't NEED a lefty, but then they can give Romanov time to adjust, Chiarot doesn't have to be a top 4, and it just gives them more depth.

I could also see them taking a chance on Granlund. I don't know if Hall goes there, but Granlund could be a winger in a pinch. It could allow them to replace scoring lost from Domi. He could rebound.

Reactions: Morrison

MacTavish47

Mar 4, 2015
This is how it might turn out:

Hall - ARI
Markstrom - VAN
Krug - BOS
Hoffman - NJ
Lehner - VGK
Holtby - BUF
Pietrangelo - STL
Barrie - WPG
Toffoli - LA
Simmonds - BUF
Brodie - CGY

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Hall - ARI
Markstrom - VAN
Krug - BOS
Hoffman - NJ
Lehner - VGK
Holtby - BUF
Pietrangelo - STL
Barrie - WPG
Toffoli - LA
Simmonds - BUF
Brodie - CGY

I feel like these make a lot of sense. Buffalo signings are very on brand. Why just have 1 overpaid slow RW in Okposo when you can have 2 if you sign Simmonds?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haula to MN

Granlund to California, or FLA on a one year prove it deal?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that STL has a # in mind for Pietrangelo, and won't go beyond it. Wise. Too bad they didn't do that for Faulk.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Hall - ARI
Markstrom - VAN
Krug - BOS
Hoffman - NJ
Lehner - VGK
Holtby - BUF
Pietrangelo - STL
Barrie - WPG
Toffoli - LA
Simmonds - BUF
Brodie - CGY
You don't think Colorado will go for any of the big UFA's, despite being the contender with the most capspace?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You don't think Colorado will go for any of the big UFA's, despite being the contender with the most capspace?

Well, I dont really see Colorado being interested in anybody on that list aside from Hall and Pietrangelo. If they both just resign with their own clubs that's all you can do.

Maybe they make a play for Hoffman but I'm not sure Mike fits our team or would go West to play.

I think he actually left some of the bigger free agents off that list as well, guys that Colorado would be interested in.

Dadonov for example would be the guy I think the Avs wind up pushing hard for.

Reactions: Richard88

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Haula to MN

Granlund to California, or FLA on a one year prove it deal?

Can you give me a report card on Granlund the last few years?
How's his skating?
What kind of contract would he get?
He has been brought up as an option for FLA. Barkov may draw him there as a fellow Finn.

Dadonov to SJ.....I hope

Got any other Russians in SJ, he's a quiet dude and keeps to himself a fair bit, big reason he clicked with Barkov.
He's likely to get 4 years around $6 million

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Can you give me a report card on Granlund the last few years?
How's his skating?
What kind of contract would he get?
He has been brought up as an option for FLA. Barkov may draw him there as a fellow Finn.

Got any other Russians in SJ, he's a quiet dude and keeps to himself a fair bit, big reason he clicked with Barkov.
He's likely to get 4 years around $6 million

We had three play last year in Yurtaykin, Knyhzov, and Letunov. No guarantee any of them play with the big club next year though. Boughner looks to be staying. I don’t know if that helps or hurts SJ.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We had three play last year in Yurtaykin, Knyhzov, and Letunov. No guarantee any of them play with the big club next year though. Boughner looks to be staying. I don’t know if that helps or hurts SJ.

Bob is a familiar face for him and he did flourish under his all out offensive attack coaching.
Dadonov has decent 2 way play and speed, a bit of grit and a solid net front presence, gets a lot of his goals 2-3 feet from the blue paint.
He sucks on breakaways though, just a tad worried of how well he will age, he disappeared a bit last year but still put up 25 goals.

Reactions: WSS11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad