Value of: Top Eleven Pick in 2024 Draft

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If two teams behind the Habs pass them in the lottery and there's a run on forwards I would say Montreal's 1st is definitely available.

They might look to trade down and then just take Greentree/Sennecke/someone else.

Would also be available for a young forward.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If two teams behind the Habs pass them in the lottery and there's a run on forwards I would say Montreal's 1st is definitely available.

They might look to trade down and then just take Greentree/Sennecke/someone else.

Would also be available for a young forward.
No chance

Habs draft the BPA, even if it's a D

They then proceed to deal Barron / Harris / Struble + WIN 1st for a young forward like Krebs, Perfetti, etc.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No chance

Habs draft the BPA, even if it's a D

They then proceed to deal Barron / Harris / Struble + WIN 1st for a young forward like Krebs, Perfetti, etc.
Krebs sucks.

And there is a definite chance they use that first if they don't like the forwards there to trade for a better forward than listed.

Well, better than Krebs. Kakko is better than Krebs, but he's not worth the Habs 1st, so I had to specify.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Krebs sucks.

And there is a definite chance they use that first if they don't like the forwards there to trade for a better forward than listed.

Well, better than Krebs. Kakko is better than Krebs, but he's not worth the Habs 1st, so I had to specify.
Who then?

Cause there's not a single 23yo top line F that would be traded for a pick alone.

And don't start with the Zegras BS, we do not want cancers in our locker room

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He comes across as bit of a hotdog
Blasphemy! I tell you. Blasphemy!
At the end of the day, he has losee attitude and Habs do not want this.

Unless he comes cheap like WIN 1st and one of our D prospect like Struble oe Trudeau. We ain't touching him. Especially not for a top5 pick lol

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Unless he comes cheap like WIN 1st and one of our D prospect like Struble oe Trudeau. We ain't touching him. Especially not for a top5 pick lol
If anything Zegras acting out when the Ducks lose is a sign of hyper-competitiveness, no? Better that than rolling over at taking it like the Leafs against the Bruins yesterday when the only guys showing fight were the ones with no talent to back it up.

I don’t care for Zegras’ attitude at all but in the same way that I couldn’t stand Getzlaf and Perry, who I doubt anyone would have turned down on their teams. Kid is what, 22? Plenty of time to mature.

Grinner

May 31, 2022

It would seem that Habs fans need to set the sights elsewhere then.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Some context on top 10 picks being traded.

Since 2010 it has happened 5 times.

2011: Jeff Carter for 8th, Voracek, 68th. Carter was 27 years old with 3 straight 35+ goal paces, and had an 11 year x 5.2 mill contract

2012: Jordan Staal for 8th, Sutter, Dumolin. Staal was 24 coming of 25 goals in 62 games with great defensive play. He had a 1x4mill +RFA rights

2013: 9th overall for Cory Schneider. Schneider was 26 years old, 1st in SV% and GAA in the previous 2 years, and had a 2x4 mill deal

2017: Stepan+Raanta for Deangelo+7th. Stepan was a 26 year old, 20 goal, 50 point C with 4x6.5 left on his deal. Raanta had excellent numbers as a backup.

2022: Debrincat for 7th, 39th, 3rd rounder. Debrincat had PPG, 0.5 GPG paces over the previous 2 years with RFA control

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Some context on top 10 picks being traded.

Since 2010 it has happened 5 times.

2011: Jeff Carter for 8th, Voracek, 68th. Carter was 27 years old with 3 straight 35+ goal paces, and had an 11 year x 5.2 mill contract
Panic move by GM--trades him later to LA
2012: Jordan Staal for 8th, Sutter, Dumolin. Staal was 24 coming of 25 goals in 62 games with great defensive play. He had a 1x4mill +RFA rights
The only deal that made some sense because Stall was due a new contract, Pittsburgh couldnt afford it.
2013: 9th overall for Cory Schneider. Schneider was 26 years old, 1st in SV% and GAA in the previous 2 years, and had a 2x4 mill deal

Panic move by GM, he knew Belfour was old and wanted a new goalie hoping on a vet team making runs to the cup
2017: Stepan+Raanta for Deangelo+7th. Stepan was a 26 year old, 20 goal, 50 point C with 4x6.5 left on his deal. Raanta had excellent numbers as a backup.
Panic move by GM. AZ felt it needed a center to try and compete.
2022: Debrincat for 7th, 39th, 3rd rounder. Debrincat had PPG, 0.5 GPG paces over the previous 2 years with RFA control
Panic move by GM.twam felt pressure to make a leap with the team went through a rebuild drafting high. with 2 top 5 picks and a pick at 10

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

A loser attitude? Where do you get that from? You are just spewing BS

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
A loser attitude? Where do you get that from? You are just spewing BS
Guy just put up 15pts in 31 games, displaying NO will to get better defensively or be leader for a team dying for both of these.

And ANA fans think this guy is worth a top 5 pick? Thats laughable.

Again Habs are more than willing to send WIN pick if it ends up 25 or higher + ANA choice of Harris / Trudeau / Struble / Barron / B prspect type of D... but anything .ore and we are done,, gladly take one of Lindstrom Demidov Levshunov Parekh Buium Catton who'll prob all have a better general impact then Zegras

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Guy just put up 15pts in 31 games, displaying NO will to get better defensively or be leader for a team dying for both of these.

And ANA fans think this guy is worth a top 5 pick? Thats laughable.

Again Habs are more than willing to send WIN pick if it ends up 25 or higher + ANA choice of Harris / Trudeau / Struble / Barron / B prspect type of D... but anything .ore and we are done,, gladly take one of Lindstrom Demidov Levshunov Parekh Buium Catton who'll prob all have a better general impact then Zegras
Only 8 players in the past 10 years scores more points in the 3 year entry nhl contract. He had a bunch of injuries this season. For me its Celebrini, Lindstrom or Demidov. Outside theses players I would be willing to trade the pick for Zegras. I think you never really watch him play or have a really bad read on the player

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Only 8 players in the past 10 years scores more points in the 3 year entry nhl contract. He had a bunch of injuries this season. For me its Celebrini, Lindstrom or Demidov. Outside theses players I would be willing to trade the pick for Zegras. I think you never really watch him play or have a really bad read on the player
He's a soft. Small, unidimensional winger with a terrible attitude.

Havs draft any of the following

Demido
Silayev
Levshunov
Catton
Lindstrom
Parekh
Buium

Before they trade the pick for Zegras.

So unless Habs draft 9 we aint trading the pick for him.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
He's a soft. Small, unidimensional winger with a terrible attitude.

Havs draft any of the following

Demido
Silayev
Levshunov
Catton
Lindstrom
Parekh
Buium

Before they trade the pick for Zegras.

So unless Habs draft 9 we aint trading the pick for him.
We arent drafting 9 thats a sure thing. Im pretty sure we are not drafting a Def so we will see how that plays out. Im hoping personally for Lindstrom

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
We arent drafting 9 thats a sure thing. Im pretty sure we are not drafting a Def so we will see how that plays out. Im hoping personally for Lindstrom
Why aren't we?

Last time i checked you pick the BPA, if thats a D, then so be it

You trade WIN pick + Barron / Harris / our D surplus for a young player like Perfetti or someone like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad