Top Dmen for 06 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
I have a feeling David Ruzicka will be the best defensmen, usually people in this site are in the "what are you doing now" mind set and Johnson is getting loads of hype as the next Pronger. People seem to forget that Ruzicka was probably the best overall defensmen in the under 18 lst year, the only line of defense for the Czechs really. He was a beast on the ice.

I trust McKeens the most on Czech prospects as they have a really good scout located there (Robert Neuhauser) and the fact that they have Ruzicka in the third round says a lot to me. They had this to say about him... "Not what he's cracked up to be. Big, lean, but skating is a major concern with him, as is his vision." That quote is from a free article BTW, located here. As far as him being the best d-man at the U18 World Cup, here's what McKeens said... "got his share of points but in general didn't impress"

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
cagney said:
I trust McKeens the most on Czech prospects as they have a really good scout located there (Robert Neuhauser) and the fact that they have Ruzicka in the third round says a lot to me. They had this to say about him... "Not what he's cracked up to be. Big, lean, but skating is a major concern with him, as is his vision." That quote is from a free article BTW, located here. As far as him being the best d-man at the U18 World Cup, here's what McKeens said... "got his share of points but in general didn't impress"
I guess I along with McGuire disagree with them. Davis is big, physical and has good offensive instincts.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
I guess I along with McGuire disagree with them. Davis is big, physical and has good offensive instincts.

Right, but so does Erik Johnson who is even bigger and is a great skater and has excellent vision to boot.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
top d-men 2006

I dont hear much about Joey Ryan when everyone is talking about the 2006 draft. He is definitly one of the top U.S.A. born d-men for the 2006 draft.He is a good skater & agreat passer he is tough.He can also be offensive but he is more a stay at home d-man.He is good in the community. I read he gave season tickets to a childrens charity.I think he could be a surprise mid to late first rounder should definitly be early second round .

Transported Upstater

Rabid Ranger said:
Right, but so does Erik Johnson who is even bigger and is a great skater and has excellent vision to boot.

Very good skater for his size.

But the best post ever regarding Erik Johnson was this classic, courtesy of Jacobv2:

"I wouldn't draft anyone who uses the word 'crib.' "

LoonieToon

Nov 15, 2005
Rabid Ranger said:
Erik Johnson will probably be the first defenseman taken.
What are the scouting reports on Johnson? I've heard of him, but haven't seen him play. Size, style, etc.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
LoonieToon said:
What are the scouting reports on Johnson? I've heard of him, but haven't seen him play. Size, style, etc.

He's been compared to Chris Pronger. Not as much snarl, but the build, skating, vision, and skill is there. Obviously he has a long way to go to being in Pronger's league, but think about Pronger the player when he was drafted.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:

You should believe them. Yes he is big and physical but is bad skater with limited offensive potencial.
Could be solid defensive D if he improves skating.
His development absolutely stalled.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Niclas Andersén of Leksand in Sweden should be drafted pretty high. He's been compared to Ulfie Samuelsson and is a very physical defenseman, but have like Ulfie little offensive potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad