Speculation: Top 9 Centers Potentially Available

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I don't think the Blues would be in a position to ask for a really good offer for Hayes. 1.8m is the going rate for a 30 point 3C. It's not like he's a decent PK'er or plays a physical game that playoff team's covet
$1.8 is absolutely NOT the going rate for a 3C. It’s a damn good deal for what Hayes brings.

That said, Hayes has value to the Blues as a vet C to eat minutes so they don’t have to rush their prospects. Not to mention the fact he is very well liked in the room by all indications. I would be VERY surprised if he was available this TDL…the offer would have to be absurd for the Blues to consider it IMO.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Kuznetsov. One year left after this at $7.8m. But if you act fast, I’ll knock off 50% for this year and next.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
cbj have to be fools not to cash boone in for a couple valuable assets
He's pretty much the heart and soul of the team though. From what I've heard he's untouchable.

Every team in the league would love to have a player like him. But dare to dream right

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
If the Penguins keep losing games.

I could see Eller made available. Has 1 year left after.

Has played extremely well and one of the reasons are bottom 6 isn't absolute trash.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Nic Dowd has been rumored and signed at an additional year for $1.3 million. Best 4C in the league although his minutes reflect more of a 3C role
Would a draft pick get it done from Vancouver, or are the Caps looking for prospects/young players? He would be a good piece to add for the Canucks.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Would a draft pick get it done from Vancouver, or are the Caps looking for prospects/young players? He would be a good piece to add for the Canucks.
I’m not sure, I think Dowd is a very valuable player especially at his cap hit and a team would get two postseason runs with him.

I would think a 2nd plus a young player/solid prospect. I’d even make that a 1st if a team advances far enough.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I’m not sure, I think Dowd is a very valuable player especially at his cap hit and a team would get two postseason runs with him.

I would think a 2nd plus a young player/solid prospect. I’d even make that a 1st if a team advances far enough.
That is too steep to upgrade our 4C for the Canucks I think, we'll pass. Thanks.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Kuznetsov. One year left after this at $7.8m. But if you act fast, I’ll knock off 50% for this year and next.
actually think you could net a positive return for him at 50%.
Heck, the way this market is going so far it could end up being a monster return

One Evgeny Kuznetsov can be yours at a low, low price.

I know he’s been wanting out for awhile now and that he’s got…issues. His numbers are dreadful. But has he just given up on himself and the sport or is he just mailing it in cuz he’s still where he doesn’t wanna be/can a change of scenery revive him?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Giroux could bring a good haul back for Ottawa but highly doubt they do it and not even sure he would waive his NMC

• Haha
Reactions: Bender

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Whether he's available or actually ends up being traded we'll have to wait and see, but apparently the Avs have been targeting Jenner for a little while now, from a trusted and connected poster on the Avs board.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Coming in here to say I'm thoroughly intrigued by what the center market will look like. Barring a Zegras pump and dump, there's really slim pickings for at best 2nd line C's, and I'm glad PA did his job early.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
if anyone was to call the Leafs and ask on Domi, I'd imagine he'd be available ...just hasnt put it together in a meaningful way.
effort is there, but, never shoots, and always looking for the pass, and the only physicality he's shown has only been in bad penalties
how's that for a sell job :D

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I know he’s been wanting out for awhile now and that he’s got…issues. His numbers are dreadful. But has he just given up on himself and the sport or is he just mailing it in cuz he’s still where he doesn’t wanna be/can a change of scenery revive him?
Who knows. Maybe an elite core or something more easily high-end would coax more out of him. The Caps are still a pretty slow and unskilled team so there's not much skilled wide open attacking play. Somewhere with more tempo and skilled team play would at least make him more interested I'd think. Like Colorado. But he's probably not going to be too reliable defensively so teams would need to think about him as a winger or give him softer minutes. He could at least be an X factor for teams but probably needs a very particular fit and style to get the best out of him.

The Caps would need to retain and you'd think for both parties it's probably time.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
100% agree…he’d be great in WPG, but Just don’t see Columbus moving him.
could you imagine having to play against Lowry and Jenner for likely like 60+% of a playoff game? Sounds like a real pain in the ass....

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
In this type of sellers market, Kadri might not only be moveable, but could actually fetch a sizeable return.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00