Speculation: Top 6 level RWs available?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Personally I’d offer Anderson as a Habs fan. He has what teams want in size and speed, he just doesn’t fit with our roster in terms is chemistry
He doesn't fit MSLs systems because they rely on hockey IQ. He's built for a grinding team. He's not good at retaining possession and setting up high danger chances, he's a cycle and dump and chase kind of guy. He'd fit better with pretty much 90% of coaches in the league.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
He doesn't fit MSLs systems because they rely on hockey IQ. He's built for a grinding team. He's not good at retaining possession and setting up high danger chances, he's a cycle and dump and chase kind of guy. He'd fit better with pretty much 90% of coaches in the league.
Agreed. His IQ is minimal. I just feel the longer we hold onto him the less value he has. His speed is what keeps him relevant

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
He has 139 pts in last 154 games (last 3 years 2021-2023) before this years 10 game sample size

That is a 74 pt pace. He is very injury prone but he has been a great player producing at 70+ pt pace despite playing 17 or so mins only
I don’t think pace is really a great measuring tool for a guy that can never stay healthy. Pace is nice, but if you can’t hit 70-80 in 9 seasons, you’re not a 70-80 pt player. The key number in your first sentence is 154 games. . . in 3 years.

At 27, and riddled with injuries in recent years, this is a player I could see declining quicker than most unfortunately.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I don’t think pace is really a great measuring tool for a guy that can never stay healthy. Pace is nice, but if you can’t hit 70-80 in 9 seasons, you’re not a 70-80 pt player. The key number in your first sentence is 154 games. . . in 3 years.

At 27, and riddled with injuries in recent years, this is a player I could see declining quicker than most unfortunately.
Indeed. Availability over pace.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Jack Roslovic on an expiring deal.
6 points in 9 GP this year, and scored at least 44 points the last two seasons.
Be a better salesperson, say he is on pace for 55 this year.
Was on 58 pts pace in 20-21.

44 is just silly reality. They were the down years.

You are selling high so expect huge return.

maybe i read too many trade proposals from my hometown Koolaid drinkers…

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Garland is more middle 6, but he could be had for a #5 RHD and with Canucks retaining ~1-1.5M.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Flyers are loaded with top 6 RWs. You could likely pry Atkinson at a minimum, but their RW depth chart is pretty darn good.

Konecny, Atkinson, TIppett, Foerster, Brink.

TK will be expensive, Atkinson fairly cheap, Brink probably untouchable along with Foerster. Tippett, IMO can be pried as well if a good D prospect comes back.

All contracts are very reasonable, and Flyers can retain if needed as well.

Yeah. Aside from the ever available Conor Garland, i'd definitely hit up Philly if i were looking for a RW.

They've got a boatload of them and despite a strong start, probably not really any particular aspirations on competing right now.

Konecny is definitely going to be a bigtime "premium" addition for someone, if he's even moved. That's going to cost a fortune. A gritty, "playoff ready" sort of sparkplug winger who can score like that is what everyone is looking for at the deadline. On a very friendly contract for the moment too.

Atkinson, they probably just about give away. Basically found money after all the stuff he's gone through that has made him unavailable and kind of useless for much of his Philly tenure.

Tippett would be a really interesting one if they decided to move him. Normally i'd say, "why would a rebuilding team move a young scoring winger?" But if they really feel they're too jammed up with RWers and don't like the way he performs on the LW, i guess there's a chance he could be kicked loose...for something that they need more elsewhere. Always a tough sell though, trying to turn a Winger into a Defenceman.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know it's a bit early in the year but which teams may have a RW of top 6 quality that they may have to move on from? Outside of a Garland or Nylander discussion as they've been talked about to death.
Elias Lindholm is C/RW

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
As a target... Konecny is expensive but probably worth it.

Vrana maybe? Kubalik is miscast on the Sens.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Which position does he tend to prefer or play better at?

I'd reckon whatever team makes the big trade to actually land Lindholm, is going to be doing it at the premium that a Center commands. He's very good there, and that inherently has a lot more value. A great two-way Center is huge value, compared to a RWer. Even if he's not strictly the strongest offensive, play-driving Center. He's a terrific facilitator and if he ends up moving...he's going to be a game changer for someone.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'd reckon whatever team makes the big trade to actually land Lindholm, is going to be doing it at the premium that a Center commands. He's very good there, and that inherently has a lot more value. A great two-way Center is huge value, compared to a RWer. Even if he's not strictly the strongest offensive, play-driving Center. He's a terrific facilitator and if he ends up moving...he's going to be a game changer for someone.
fair enough. Thanks for the input.

Flyers are loaded with top 6 RWs. You could likely pry Atkinson at a minimum, but their RW depth chart is pretty darn good.

Konecny, Atkinson, TIppett, Foerster, Brink.

TK will be expensive, Atkinson fairly cheap, Brink probably untouchable along with Foerster. Tippett, IMO can be pried as well if a good D prospect comes back.

All contracts are very reasonable, and Flyers can retain if needed as well.

Just curious, why are Brink and Foerster untouchable and Tippett is not?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Just curious, why are Brink and Foerster untouchable and Tippett is not?
Probably because of their birth certificates. Foerster 3yrs younger than OT. I’m sure you understand why Philly would not look to trade Brink at this time right?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I thought about this but I imagine he wants to sign with a true contender or a team guaranteed to not make the playoffs so he can be traded at the TDL. The way the Ducks are playing right now they're not either. Lots of hockey left though so maybe things change.

Reactions: the_fan

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Is ehlers a RW?

Has only 4 pts in 10 games, has been used poorly by the Jets and has 2 years left at 6M

Has been productive in the past but last two years the jets have screwed around with him a bit along with possible injury impacts hurting his abilities

I would want to acquire him at a reduced price if available
He can play RW but shoots left, it’s clear the fit just isn’t here in Winnipeg. I’d be inclined to move him for an equivalent RW in a swap if the option is there.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad