Value of: Top 6 forward to chicago

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What's Josh Bailey up to these days anyway? Did he retire after he didn't get a contract from Ottawa?

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
What a disaster. Hall out, Perry MIA, and what is up with AA?

The plan to bring in vets and the ridiculous AA contract not working out so good unfortunately.

For the Isles JGP is an easy HF Boards offer due to his struggles this year. Not sure what this does for the Hawks. He is considerably better than AA and has a ton of heart. Might be easier to do something around Wahlstrom.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Plenty of cheap options in MTL
Pearson
Ylonen
Evans
Dvorak
RHP
Monahan

Maybe even Anderson
Other than insulating Connor, I see no need for the Hawks to make any trade for a top 6 forward at this time.

Out of those above, it would be a dream if they took Anderson or Dvorak. I could see a scenario where they take Evans, RHP or Ylonen. Monahan and Pearson make no sense at all. They won't give us what we want for them.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Kubalik (24% retained) 1.9M + Ott 4th to Chicago for Ott 3rd.

Kubalik + Van 2nd to Vancouver for Garland (19% retained) 4.05M + Van 3rd.

Ottawa gets their 3rd back for their 4th and retaining on Kubalik who I seen posters say they want to move. Frees up some capspace for Pinto eventually.

Vancouver gets their 2nd back and frees up 4M longterm for their 3rd and retaining less than 1M on Garland the next 2 years after this. Kubalik could be kept for depth or flipped elsewhere.

Chicago gets Garland for 4M, better cap hit for what he provides, the next 2 + years for one of their extra 2nd's while getting a 4th rounder as well. Garland is a good age for the Chicago group as well as he should remain useful the next few years and could be kept around if he works out.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
This screams "Victor Olofsson". Can score goals in bunches with the best of them. Can power a PP.

One year left on his deal, so if you don't like him -- he's gone. Hell, you could even flip him at the deadline for something maybe.

Won't take much at all to get him. Hell, I'd do it for good old future considerations.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No thank you. I feel like we could get Garland for far less than Murphy, and could use Murphy to return better assets than Connor Garland.

Not that I don't like the player or think they are comparable, I am just factoring Vancouver's desire to shed cap moving forward and the lack of urgency for the Hawks to really need a move like this.
Not that I disagree with your stance, but there isn't a lot of urgency from Vancouver at the moment either. Our cap is ok, even better with Soucy LTIR'd for now, and Garland is pushing our 3rd line into relevancy. If it's not a fit though, no pressure.

Kubalik (24% retained) 1.9M + Ott 4th to Chicago for Ott 3rd.

Kubalik + Van 2nd to Vancouver for Garland (19% retained) 4.05M + Van 3rd.

Ottawa gets their 3rd back for their 4th and retaining on Kubalik who I seen posters say they want to move. Frees up some capspace for Pinto eventually.

Vancouver gets their 2nd back and frees up 4M longterm for their 3rd and retaining less than 1M on Garland the next 2 years after this. Kubalik could be kept for depth or flipped elsewhere.

Chicago gets Garland for 4M, better cap hit for what he provides, the next 2 + years for one of their extra 2nd's while getting a 4th rounder as well. Garland is a good age for the Chicago group as well as he should remain useful the next few years and could be kept around if he works out.
Kubalik saves us a bit of cap, but just shifts Garlands roster spot to a less useful player. He's available because we have too many forwards. Considering the 3 years of retention, I don't think the return is worth it for us either.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Reaves sucks, Perry doesn’t. Rather have Perry out of the lineup than a Reaves in it.
I don’t blame you. Reeves is terrible. You would be better to run with 11 forwards than a full forward lineup with Reeves in it.

The trade proposal really didn’t make sense anyway. Domi certainly isn’t in any way untouchable for Toronto but he is filling a roll at 3C and I can’t see the Leafs moving him without a 3C coming back to them

Reactions: Mrfenn92

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Chicago shouldn't have many issues finding decent players at low prices given the cap situation for several teams. You might even get a smidge of incentive from some teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad